"Comfort Food" Favorites?

AFrench2

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2021
Fort Worth, TX
I'm in the mood for some good ole' fashioned Mac n Cheese + Hot Dogs cut up inside it. This was a favorite when I was a kid...:)

What are your "comfort food" favorites that make you feel like a kid again, or warm your stomach?

Arby's sells (used to sell) cinnamon-raisin biscuits, smothered in sugar sauce, and always served hot.

My wife and I drove cross country four times, largely fueled by these nutritional bombs and Denny's "Grand Slam" breakfasts.

Favorite comfort food?

Meatloaf. I'll have it with ketchup or gravy; only really matters if it's as a sandwich (then it must be ketchup)...

• Banned
I'm in the mood for some good ole' fashioned Mac n Cheese + Hot Dogs cut up inside it. This was a favorite when I was a kid...:)

What are your "comfort food" favorites that make you feel like a kid again, or warm your stomach?
YummY!!!!!!!

Warm bread pudding was the first thing that came to mind.
My Mom always had bread pudding sitting on the stove when I got home from school. I found the way she made it is different from others I have seen over the years,. Hers came out like a custard. Others moms were more like a strudel. any way it was warm and good.

Warm bread pudding was the first thing that came to mind.
My Mom always had bread pudding sitting on the stove when I got home from school. I found the way she made it is different from others I have seen over the years,. Hers came out like a custard. Others moms were more like a strudel. any way it was warm and good.
Oh god this is making me want some bread pudding with nilla wafers

Another comfort food my mom would make is Malt O Meal chocolate malt for breakfast in the morning. That stuf was really good, I'd just drink it down the bowl.

Shepherd's pie. Not the fancy kind you get in good restaurants (although that's good too) but the ground beef, green beans and cream of mushroom soup kind with a high pile of mashed potatoes on top.

Forum List

Back