Congress Has Its Own Pharmacy

The Congress enjoys many exclusive services, the most egregious being their inflated salaries.

Some day in the once-Christian America, the lion will no longer lie down with the lamb.

Bet I know who at least one of the persons getting Alzheimer's drugs is.

upload_2017-10-12_7-33-33.png

The pharmacy mostly serves the staffers, lobbyists, and families who make their home in the quiet, leafy neighborhood just to the east of the Capitol building, though Grubb’s five drivers will deliver prescriptions across the entire city. Some 800 prescriptions leave its doors every day, filled by some three dozen pharmacists, technicians, and support staff.

Imagine that.....a local pharmacy makes deliveries

I can see why Conservatives are outraged

The Congress enjoys many exclusive services, the most egregious being their inflated salaries.

Some day in the once-Christian America, the lion will no longer lie down with the lamb.

Inflated salaries? What do you consider inflated? Ever lived in the Washington DC area?

Most people assigned to the Pentagon live an hour or more commute away because of the expensive housing close to DC in the suburbs. My son paid about 3 times as much for a three-bedroom apartment in Arlington as I did for a mortgage on a large 4-bedroom house on a large lot in the Tidewater area of Virginia.

So, if a local Pizza Shop delivers to Congress

Will that be another perk that Conservatives rage about?

Inflated salaries? What do you consider inflated? Ever lived in the Washington DC area?

Most people assigned to the Pentagon live an hour or more commute away because of the expensive housing close to DC in the suburbs. My son paid about 3 times as much for a three-bedroom apartment in Arlington as I did for a mortgage on a large 4-bedroom house on a large lot in the Tidewater area of Virginia.

Congress is underpaid for having to maintain two residences and for the executive responsibilities they hold

Not only did they remove themselves from the requirements of Obamacare they have their own pharmacy to dispense whatever they need.

Nothing like living inside a bubble world.

Bonus: They are issuing drugs for Alzheimer’s.

Pharmacy hand-delivers drugs to Congress, a perk for the powerful

Mike Kim, the reserved pharmacist-turned-owner of the pharmacy, said he has gotten used to knowing the most sensitive details about some of the most famous people in Washington.

“At first it’s cool, and then you realize, I’m filling some drugs that are for some pretty serious health problems as well. And these are the people that are running the country,” Kim said, listing treatments for conditions like diabetes and Alzheimer’s.

M-Madigan-Zombie.gif
Emanuel-Zombie.gif
Madigan-Zombie.gif

Forum List

Back