Conservatives Far Less Likely to Have Mental Health Issues Than Leftists

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
I know. You’re as shocked as I am.
From Pew Research. A PhD student ascertained and categorized the data by political affiliation. A friend of mine is a psychiatrist at a major university, and this validates what he tells me.

The study, which examined white liberals, moderates, and conservatives, both male and female, found that conservatives were far less likely to be diagnosed with mental health issues than those who identified as either liberal or even “very liberal.” What’s more, white women suffered the worst of all. White women, ages 18-29, who identified as liberal were given a mental health diagnosis from medical professionals at a rate of 56.3%, as compared to 28.4% in moderates and 27.3% in conservatives.
A few charts:
1618566697559.jpeg

1618566801328.jpeg
Pew Research data is linked, so if you’ve got a rebuttal, use the data.

From Pew Research. A PhD student ascertained and categorized the data by political affiliation. A friend of mine is a psychiatrist at a major university, and this validates what he tells me.

The study, which examined white liberals, moderates, and conservatives, both male and female, found that conservatives were far less likely to be diagnosed with mental health issues than those who identified as either liberal or even “very liberal.” What’s more, white women suffered the worst of all. White women, ages 18-29, who identified as liberal were given a mental health diagnosis from medical professionals at a rate of 56.3%, as compared to 28.4% in moderates and 27.3% in conservatives.
A few charts:
View attachment 480441
View attachment 480442Pew Research data is linked, so if you’ve got a rebuttal, use the data.

can you put up a legitimate link?

Seems that the ring wing is all worried about their freedom.

A few charts:
View attachment 480441
View attachment 480442Pew Research data is linked, so if you’ve got a rebuttal, use the data.

Have a 5 year old show you how hyperlinks work. If none available, ask your shrink.

A few charts:
View attachment 480441

You would too if you had any sense.
Course you don't mind being controlled by the government.
What you call righwingers are just folks who can exist without the feds sticking their noses in their business.

Being scared can make you more conservative.

A conservative brain is more active in different areas than a liberal one.

Brain scans show that people who self-identify as conservative have larger and more active right amygdalas, an area of the brain that's associated with expressing and processing fear. This aligns with the idea that feeling afraid makes people lean more to the right.

On the other hand, feeling safe and endowed with strength might make you lean a little more liberal than you otherwise would.

Liberals are less squeamish about looking at yucky stuff like vomit, feces, and blood.

Conservatives tend to display more ordered thinking patterns, whereas liberals have more "aha" moments.

A 2016 study at Northwestern University found that when conservative and liberal college students were given word problems to solve, both groups managed to arrive at some correct answers through gradual, analytical analysis.

But when feeling stuck on a problem, liberals were much more likely to draw upon a sudden burst of insight — an 'aha' moment, like a lightbulb turning on in the brain.

Liberals tend to follow the wandering gaze of others more often, while conservative eyes stay more focused on the original subject they're looking at.

Holding conservative views seems to make people more resistant to change and help them explain inequality.

Liberals Vs Conservatives: Psychological Differences Between Brains (businessinsider.com)

Brain scans show that people who self-identify as conservative have larger and more active right amygdalas, an area of the brain that's associated with expressing and processing fear. This aligns with the idea that feeling afraid makes people lean more to the right.

On the other hand, feeling safe and endowed with strength might make you lean a little more liberal than you otherwise would.

Liberals are less squeamish about looking at yucky stuff like vomit, feces, and blood.

Conservatives tend to display more ordered thinking patterns, whereas liberals have more "aha" moments.

A 2016 study at Northwestern University found that when conservative and liberal college students were given word problems to solve, both groups managed to arrive at some correct answers through gradual, analytical analysis.

But when feeling stuck on a problem, liberals were much more likely to draw upon a sudden burst of insight — an 'aha' moment, like a lightbulb turning on in the brain.

Liberals tend to follow the wandering gaze of others more often, while conservative eyes stay more focused on the original subject they're looking at.

Holding conservative views seems to make people more resistant to change and help them explain inequality.

Liberals Vs Conservatives: Psychological Differences Between Brains (businessinsider.com)
And math is racist according to you nutters.

A few charts:
View attachment 480441

Have a 5 year old show you how hyperlinks work. If none available, ask your shrink.

Your OP and I ask you again for a legitimate link?

And math is racist according to you nutters.

Legitimate link??

A few charts:
View attachment 480441
1618570300703.png

A few charts:
View attachment 480441
View attachment 480457
Our betters howl.

Conservatives are far less likely seek mental health care or even admit they might have a problem. They suffer in silence and pour booze on their problems.
Is that why Leftists want all drugs legalized?
That has more to do with curtailing the police state. Everyone who wants to do drugs already does drugs.
Police State. Hilarious.
Is that why you want only the government to have guns?
Why are you trying to derail your own thread? Do you want to talk about mental illness, drugs or guns? Make up your mind quickly because I have to go to work soon.

There's nothing liberal about Nazis. (Which is what they call freedom loving Americans)
Which is what your party has become right before our eyes.

Forum List

Back