Consumer Confidence in U.S. Economy Plummets in Latest Data

Billiejeens

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2019
Americans’ confidence in the economy dropped sharply in September, the biggest one-month change since the COVID-19 pandemic, according to newly released data.

The Conference Board’ Consumer Confidence Index, a marker of how confident Americans are in the economy, plummeted in September. The figure fell from 105.6 in August to 98.7 in September, the most significant drop since August of 2021.

“Consumer confidence dropped in September to near the bottom of the narrow range that has prevailed over the past two years,” Dana Peterson, chief economist at The Conference Board, said in a statement. “September’s decline was the largest since August 2021 and all five components of the Index deteriorated. Consumers’ assessments of current business conditions turned negative while views of the current labor market situation softened further.”

BJ -

Bidenomics - one has to be really deep into The Democrat Echo Chamber to have any confidence in that.

Americans’ confidence in the economy dropped sharply in September, the biggest one-month change since the COVID-19 pandemic, according to newly released data.

The Conference Board’ Consumer Confidence Index, a marker of how confident Americans are in the economy, plummeted in September. The figure fell from 105.6 in August to 98.7 in September, the most significant drop since August of 2021.

“Consumer confidence dropped in September to near the bottom of the narrow range that has prevailed over the past two years,” Dana Peterson, chief economist at The Conference Board, said in a statement. “September’s decline was the largest since August 2021 and all five components of the Index deteriorated. Consumers’ assessments of current business conditions turned negative while views of the current labor market situation softened further.”

BJ -

Bidenomics - one has to be really deep into The Democrat Echo Chamber to have any confidence in that.
Imagine a Kamala win.

A $5 trillion increase in taxation in addition to the soul crushing inflation, as democrats try to convince everyone that it will only effect rich folk and not you. Hilarious.

They will need those 89,000 new IRS agents they just hired.

5 trillion is not even a real number. The universe is only 15 billion years old after all.

Last edited:

BJ -

They are concerned about what a new tRump administration could mean.

BJ -

If Trump wins, consumer confidence will spike the day after the election, just as it did in 2016.

Imagine a Kamala win.

A $5 trillion increase in taxation in addition to the soul crushing inflation, as democrats try to convince everyone that it will only effect rich folk and not you. Hilarious.

They will need those 89,000 new IRS agents they just hired.

5 trillion is not even a real number. The universe is only 15 billion years old after all.
First, those IRS agents. Opposing those new agents epitomizes two things. First, it clearly reveals who the GOP represent, and it ain't you and I hoss. But second, it reveals a stunning lack of knowledge by anyone, like you, that is complaining about it.

Dude, the rich are stealing us blind. Bad enough that they use monopoly power, collusion, and market manipulation, to extort rents from all of us. Hell, I will give them that, it is all on us, we got to change the system. I mean maybe actually start enforcing some of our trade restrictions. I am not going to blame the wealthy for pushing the envelope in market actions.

But tax cheats, that is a whole different animal. That is the lowest of the low. In Dante's hell, well they reside at the bottom. I mean they are actually pissing on all of us and laughing at us. It is absurd. Already, those wealthy tax dodgers have coughed up one billion dollars in taxes, and it is just getting started.
I mean seriously, how many generations are you and I going to have to bring to the table to pay one billion dollars in taxes.

I mean I have a lot of kids. All of them quite successful. Some, remarkably so. But that one billion dollars represents 5,000 years of their tax paying. And you can do the math, my kids are paying about $200,000 a year in taxes. Pretty sure I did my part, let me talk to Vance. He at least owes me lunch.

But the big thing. This IRS agent proposal, which the GOP has, at least three times now tried to eliminate, generates revenue. Eliminating it increases the deficit, by every measurement, including the CBO. Could Republicans make it more clear?

Look, I understand. No one has walked in my shoes. I wouldn't want them to. But I doubt anyone, anywhere, has felt the changes in this country over the last forty years more than me. The Republican party is dead. What you are seeing now is it's death rattle. Good riddance, the millennials won't put up with it.

BJ -

For quite a while now, with millions of Americans being unable to afford to live, democrats have been ignoring them and bragging about the economy and the stock market. So, now that the economy is starting to tank with the stock market soon to follow, will they then admit that what they were bragging about was only transitory?

For quite a while now, with millions of Americans being unable to afford to live, democrats have been ignoring them and bragging about the economy and the stock market. So, now that the economy is starting to tank with the stock market soon to follow, will they then admit that what they were bragging about was only transitory?
You are such a loser. Where tghare these millions of people that can't afford to live?

The reality is that at this point, income gains have outpaced inflation, that hasn't happened in a generation. The economy is starting to tank? Who says? News to me. And the stock market soon to follow? What the hell, you got a crystal ball or something.

But the reason you are such a loser, such a piece of shit, is you WANT those things to happen. You want them to happen so badly that you start seeing signs that aren't really there. And worse, you ignore the good things happening. The Make America Great Movement is replete with people that are just so damn unAmerican. The fools are stupid enough to cut off their nose to spite their face. It is remarkable. You would happily watch your 401K collapse in value, lose any chance of a comfortable retirement, watch your kids become entrenched in generational poverty, all just so you can support a mentally ill, incompetent, dumbass.

You are such a loser. Where tghare these millions of people that can't afford to live?

The reality is that at this point, income gains have outpaced inflation, that hasn't happened in a generation. The economy is starting to tank? Who says? News to me. And the stock market soon to follow? What the hell, you got a crystal ball or something.

But the reason you are such a loser, such a piece of shit, is you WANT those things to happen. You want them to happen so badly that you start seeing signs that aren't really there. And worse, you ignore the good things happening. The Make America Great Movement is replete with people that are just so damn unAmerican. The fools are stupid enough to cut off their nose to spite their face. It is remarkable. You would happily watch your 401K collapse in value, lose any chance of a comfortable retirement, watch your kids become entrenched in generational poverty, all just so you can support a mentally ill, incompetent, dumbass.

No one is supporting you.

EconomyGreat.jpg

Forum List

Back