🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Cornish church reverses ban on female vicars

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

A Cornish church that banned women from applying to be its new vicar – despite once counting Dawn French, star of the TV comedy The Vicar of Dibley, among its flock – has reversed the decision under new management.

A newly elected governing council at St Fimbarrus church in the picturesque port of Fowey in Cornwall has told parishioners that a “new season” has begun.

In a statement, the parochial church council (PCC) said the previous regime’s decision to advertise for a male priest to fill its four-year-old vacancy was “misguided and unrepresentative” of the parish and the town.

What is the world coming to. ? Its good that the Church has come into the modern world but shocking that it is still newsworthy.

I wonder if other areas of church policy might be updated to reflect modern life ?

It certainly seems that some things are negotiable.

Christian churches are making adjustments to their dogma but a little too late to save themselves.

Superstitious beliefs of Christianity is under attack from progressive science. Reducing religious believers to 20% will serve as well as outright abolishing it. And it will be the capitalist's way of supply and demand as churches are torn down or become second hand stores.

If the vacancy has existed for FOUR YEARS, I'd say they are desperate to find someone who will take the position. Desperation sometimes leads to bizarre behavior.

Although I'm a right-wing person, I have no problem with female clergy. If they find a woman who is qualified and willing, hire the bitch. Why not?

Christian churches are making adjustments to their dogma but a little too late to save themselves.

Superstitious beliefs of Christianity is under attack from progressive science. Reducing religious believers to 20% will serve as well as outright abolishing it. And it will be the capitalist's way of supply and demand as churches are torn down or become second hand stores.
I don't think anybody claims that the all-male clergy is "dogma." It's just tradition, with a lot of inertia.

I don't think anybody claims that the all-male clergy is "dogma." It's just tradition, with a lot of inertia.
Then the 'traditions' of the churches is dogma. At least the Catholic church has accepted Darwinian evolution, even though conditionally.

And that church has been able to substitute for their lack of female priests.

Then the 'traditions' of the churches is dogma. At least the Catholic church has accepted Darwinian evolution, even though conditionally.

And that church has been able to substitute for their lack of female priests.
It sounds like they ousted the Chair who was a conservative. The congregation has doubled..

Speaking of Church

366650803_10220522949738437_3948641231387148298_n.jpg

A Cornish church that banned women from applying to be its new vicar – despite once counting Dawn French, star of the TV comedy The Vicar of Dibley, among its flock – has reversed the decision under new management.

A newly elected governing council at St Fimbarrus church in the picturesque port of Fowey in Cornwall has told parishioners that a “new season” has begun.

In a statement, the parochial church council (PCC) said the previous regime’s decision to advertise for a male priest to fill its four-year-old vacancy was “misguided and unrepresentative” of the parish and the town.

What is the world coming to. ? Its good that the Church has come into the modern world but shocking that it is still newsworthy.

I wonder if other areas of church policy might be updated to reflect modern life ?

It certainly seems that some things are negotiable.
Now that the church has become so progressive, and they talking about hiring a biological female or are they open to the type that still might have his? her? penis?

Forum List

Back