Court rules that Google has a monopoly on Search Engine and advertising.

theHawk

Registered Conservative
Sep 20, 2005
Arizona
Oh boy,

This outta be fun to see how this shakes out:

IMG_6814.jpeg

Will they actually be split up? Or will they find a more “friendly” judge to find in their favor?

Oh boy,

View attachment 990536

Will they actually be split up? Or will they find a more “friendly” judge to find in their favor?

If they broke up the Bells, they can try to break up Google.

Or go into some form of Consent Decree making them try to make their search algorithms as neutral as possible.

How would you break it up, Regional? By topic? Randomly?

Oh boy,

View attachment 990536

America has a history of breaking up powerful monopolies that destroy competition. People once yelled that Microsoft had such a monopoly with Windows but Google is something unique.

It will be interesting to see how this shakes out. I imagine Google can say "there are countless other search engines, we are far from a monopoly".

The difference between their monopoly and others is how powerful it is in shaping what people believe, how they think, what they support. Coke or Pepsi are just drinks, they aren't capable of propaganda or social engineering beyond a few flashy, deceptive feel-good ads.

I'm not sure how much this qualifies as a monopoly but their brand recognition, tracking capability and ability to shape opinion and censor/manufacture facts make them extremely power. Beyond the reach of government for the most part.

America has a history of breaking up powerful monopolies that destroy competition. People once yelled that Microsoft had such a monopoly with Windows but Google is something unique.

It will be interesting to see how this shakes out. I imagine Google can say "there are countless other search engines, we are far from a monopoly".

The difference between their monopoly and others is how powerful it is in shaping what people believe, how they think, what they support. Coke or Pepsi are just drinks, they aren't capable of propaganda or social engineering beyond a few flashy, deceptive feel-good ads.

I'm not sure how much this qualifies as a monopoly but their brand recognition, tracking capability and brand recognition make them extremely power. Beyond the reach of government for the most part.

Apple was always just big enough to stave off any Anti-Trust actions sticking to Microsoft, that and Linux based systems do the work in some industries and platforms.

Hopefully Elon can buy part of them out and start his own search engine and YouTube type site.

IMO the bigger problem with the Google and other Search engines is their stacking algorithms are blatantly Left biased. That is a separate issue from Google being a monopoly. Search engines have become the centerpiece for how people get information related to a topic. That is perhaps worse than the Left bias in TV Media.

IMO the bigger problem with the Google and other Search engines is their stacking algorithms are blatantly Left biased. That is a separate issue from Google being a monopoly. Search engines have become the centerpiece for how people get information related to a topic. That is perhaps worse than the Left bias in TV Media.

It's definitely biased.

I have duckduckgo and Google, type in something like "democrat pedophiles" into both, the results are totally different.

Forum List

Back