Cracker Barrel Fires 73-Year-Old Veteran Who Gave Food To 'Needy' Man

Stop McD's, BurgerKing, Taco Smell too. They all have policies where one cannot have compassion.

it has ZERO to do with compassion. you can't listen to anything but your little mind at work. it is called regulations from the government. schools can't give out left over food either.

talk to your government and stop dishonestly bitching about corporations.

Cracker Barrel lost it's reputation when they banned Duck Dynasty products. It backfired on them.

Stop McD's, BurgerKing, Taco Smell too. They all have policies where one cannot have compassion.

it has ZERO to do with compassion. you can't listen to anything but your little mind at work. it is called regulations from the government. schools can't give out left over food either.

Really? What about companies such as Panera Bread?

Panera Feeds America's Hungry - Will You? - Mary Ann Sorrentino - Open Salon

What bakeries do with their leftovers | Sugar Buzz Chicago

The man had given away food that didn't belong to him away before. This is like the girl who worked at a restaurant and gave food away. Sorry but you cannot give your employer's property away. This guy had done it once and gotten a warning. The warning didn't work. Unfortunately he deserved to be fired.

I know Taco Bell's policy is true because I know the managers. McD's manager is my current roomie. She said they have the same policy as well. But, I guess she could be lying. For what purpose, I have no clue.

Yurt, you are an idiot. Thanks for proving that.

What about companies such as Panera Bread?

Pantera bread donates all leftovers to the homeless on a daily basis. I assure you that if employees took it upon themselves to have their own give away during business hours they would be fired too.

Cracker Barrel lost it's reputation when they banned Duck Dynasty products. It backfired on them.

Actually, you retarded racist piece of shit, banning Dork Dynasty products was actually a smart move - except for a company that tries to attract customers like you.

article-2671019-1F2759BD00000578-463_634x338.jpg

A 73-year-old Vietnam veteran was fired from a Cracker Barrel earlier this month after giving a corn muffin to a man he thought looked homeless.

Earlier this month, Joe Koblenzer was working his shift at a Cracker Barrel in Venice, Florida, when a man walked in and asked if he could have some condiments. Koblenzer loaded a few packets into a bag and added a corn muffin as well.

"He looked a little needy. He asked if I had any mayonnaise and some tarter sauce," Koblenzer told ABC local affiliate WWSB. "He said he was going to cook a fish. ... I got it for him. As I walked out I put a corn muffin in."

Not long after, Koblenzer was let go from his job.

MORE: Cracker Barrel Fires 73-Year-Old Veteran Who Gave Food To 'Needy' Man

Florida veteran, 73, loses his job at Cracker Barrel for giving a muffin to a homeless man | Mail Online

I realize something like this could get out of hand, but I don't think anyone should be fired for such inexpensive good will.

That inexpensive good will can add up pretty fast. Most restaurants have a policy on who can give out food without paying for it. If he had paid for it there wouldn't have been a problem. It might have slipped his mind, but he really should pay for something that doesn't belong to him before he gives it away.

Last edited:

McDonald's and Burger King actually allows managers to hand out food that stays on the warmer too long, but thanks for your blind hatred of corporations.

Ah listen up, schools can't give out food left over because guess why?

GOVERNMENT regulation

but hey, for one: who knows if this story is true
and two the op doesn't care.. His threads are for one reason and that's to watch you all get your panties all in bunch

oh well, keep falling for it

Hey, dumbass, just Google it. It's everywhere...

So are a lot of hoaxes, like that one about the girl that got kicked out of KFC.

Food like taco bell and Mc D's, unlike baked goods, have to be kept at a certain temperature once prepared. If left too long before it is sold it has to be thrown away. There's compassion then there's food poisoning. There is simply no way to keep food like that edible until the end of the day.

Day old bread won't sell to the self righteous assholes who eat at Panera, that doesn't mean it is bad.

McDonald's and Burger King actually allows managers to hand out food that stays on the warmer too long, but thanks for your blind hatred of corporations.

Um...I don't have a blind hatred for corporations, QW. You should know better than that.
I worked at a taco bell long long ago and they made staff weigh the food. When I asked why it was not donated they said it was against company policy. And maybe franchize owners have their own policies because my roomie said they cannot give out ANY food. And I am talking about, for example, a burrito that has onions on it when the customer ordered no onions. It is a perfectly good burrito, made incorrectly, and in the weigh bucket it goes.
There is no hatred but there is sadness that food like that goes to waste when some folks are digging in trash cans.

Day old bread won't sell to the self righteous assholes who eat at Panera, that doesn't mean it is bad.

Lots of bakeries sell day old stuff though. There's not a market for day old burgers.

Food like taco bell and Mc D's, unlike baked goods, have to be kept at a certain temperature once prepared. If left too long before it is sold it has to be thrown away. There's compassion then there's food poisoning. There is simply no way to keep food like that edible until the end of the day.

True. I still find it a waste though.

A 73-year-old Vietnam veteran was fired from a Cracker Barrel earlier this month after giving a corn muffin to a man he thought looked homeless.

Earlier this month, Joe Koblenzer was working his shift at a Cracker Barrel in Venice, Florida, when a man walked in and asked if he could have some condiments. Koblenzer loaded a few packets into a bag and added a corn muffin as well.

"He looked a little needy. He asked if I had any mayonnaise and some tarter sauce," Koblenzer told ABC local affiliate WWSB. "He said he was going to cook a fish. ... I got it for him. As I walked out I put a corn muffin in."

Not long after, Koblenzer was let go from his job.

MORE: Cracker Barrel Fires 73-Year-Old Veteran Who Gave Food To 'Needy' Man

I realize something like this could get out of hand, but I don't think anyone should be fired for such inexpensive good will.

The name of that place says it all

I call Bullshit. My Wife eat there once a month or so and we ALWAYS ask for extra muffins to take with us. Never been turned down once.

White people like yourself should stay away if "Cracker Barrel" offends your sensibilities. Pussy.

Really? Some of my best friends gather at Panera. Good food and coffee.

Forum List

Back