Crazy MA Anti-Gun Legislation, Did it pass or fail?

Wolf Ammo is steel-cased, not steel core. Steel core ammo has been illegal to sell here for some time already.

7.62 x 54mmR russian surplus is steel core. you can buy it here but you can't use it at any ranges i know.

But that's not Wolf.
I haven't seen any.

Wolf is not steel core. Most of the Russian Ammo sold here is not steel core. It's the surplus 7.62 x 54 mustly used in the Mosin Nagants that have a steel core. It's military surplus. Ranges see you coming with that and they freak. It goes right through their walls. It's usally packed in metal cases in lots of 440 per can, 880 per crate. Dirty and corrosive too. You want to make sure you clean your rifle right after shooting.

What would the Founding Fathers do? In their day, every gun fired a single shot, was muzzle loaded and hand crafted. Maybe it's time to go back to the Founding Father's ideas when they wrote the second amendment. Because if they ever saw an AK-47 or an Uzi ravish a dwelling during a drive by shooting, I'm pretty certain they would have re-thought gun control.

Really?:lol::lol::lol: These guys had ARTILLERY! Oh and they were and are based in massachusetts...Civilians banding together to form a military company for their common defence. they weren't militarized til 1888 or there abouts. Till then they were a CIVILIAN MILITIA UNIT!

Chartered in 1638-The First Military Company Chartered in the Western Hemisphere

As the settlements, which followed the landing at Plymouth increased and spread, there was no organized military force for protection. There were only local volunteer companies and there was no join action or centralized authority. Many of the settlers of Boston had been members in England, of the Honourable Artillery Company of London (organized and chartered in 1537) and it was natural that the military training they had received in that Company should lead them to form a similar organization in the new country. In 1637 the Company was formed for instruction in discipline and tactics. Governor Winthrop granted a Charter in March 1638, and on the first Monday in June following, an election of Officers was held on Boston Common. Since that time, the Company has maintained the tradition of holding their annual elections on the Boston Common on the first Monday in June by casting their votes on the Drum Head.

Since 1746, the Headquarters of the Ancient's had been located in Faneuil Hall - an historic citadel known to all Americans.

In its Armory, the Company maintains a Military Museum and Library, which is without equal in the United States. Here are relics of every war in which this Country has been engaged, since its settlement. The Armory is open to the public daily, and many thousands of visitors from every part of the world register every year in the Guest Book.

The members of the Company trod the fields of every battlefield of New England; they fought for freedom on foreign soil; they judged the courts; they pleaded at the bar; they instituted town government and leveled forests; and they were active in settling the towns of the frontier.

Ancient and Honourable Artillery Company members served on every battlefield from Bunker Hill to Yorktown, the War of 1812 and the Civil War, both World Wars, Korea, Vietnam and Desert Storm.

This is the Company that Washington knew, that Franklin saw march through the streets of Boston, that John Adams and John Quincy Adams visited; that has had eight members who received our nation's highest military decoration - the Medal of Honor - and has had four of its members serve in the worlds' most important office, President of the United States; President James Monroe, Chester Alan Arthur, Calvin Coolidge and John F. Kennedy; the same Company which has always stood for, and always will stand for, the best in citizenship.

More historical information is available on the following pages:

Ancient and Honorable Artillery Company of Massachusetts an organization of distinction :: AHA.

Better that than allow people on the Watch List to purchase firearms. There is no good reason for the Republicans not to vote for such a bill, except fear of the NRA lobby.

Oh, there are plenty of good reasons INCLUDING fear of the NRA (as they should have). Gun ownership is a RIGHT, flying is a PRIVILEGE. The ability to deny an individual a firearm should be much more difficult than keeping people from flying.

What would the Founding Fathers do? In their day, every gun fired a single shot, was muzzle loaded and hand crafted. Maybe it's time to go back to the Founding Father's ideas when they wrote the second amendment. Because if they ever saw an AK-47 or an Uzi ravish a dwelling during a drive by shooting, I'm pretty certain they would have re-thought gun control.

Really?:lol::lol::lol: These guys had ARTILLERY! Oh and they were and are based in massachusetts...Civilians banding together to form a military company for their common defence. they weren't militarized til 1888 or there abouts. Till then they were a CIVILIAN MILITIA UNIT!

Chartered in 1638-The First Military Company Chartered in the Western Hemisphere

As the settlements, which followed the landing at Plymouth increased and spread, there was no organized military force for protection. There were only local volunteer companies and there was no join action or centralized authority. Many of the settlers of Boston had been members in England, of the Honourable Artillery Company of London (organized and chartered in 1537) and it was natural that the military training they had received in that Company should lead them to form a similar organization in the new country. In 1637 the Company was formed for instruction in discipline and tactics. Governor Winthrop granted a Charter in March 1638, and on the first Monday in June following, an election of Officers was held on Boston Common. Since that time, the Company has maintained the tradition of holding their annual elections on the Boston Common on the first Monday in June by casting their votes on the Drum Head.

Since 1746, the Headquarters of the Ancient's had been located in Faneuil Hall - an historic citadel known to all Americans.

In its Armory, the Company maintains a Military Museum and Library, which is without equal in the United States. Here are relics of every war in which this Country has been engaged, since its settlement. The Armory is open to the public daily, and many thousands of visitors from every part of the world register every year in the Guest Book.

The members of the Company trod the fields of every battlefield of New England; they fought for freedom on foreign soil; they judged the courts; they pleaded at the bar; they instituted town government and leveled forests; and they were active in settling the towns of the frontier.

Ancient and Honourable Artillery Company members served on every battlefield from Bunker Hill to Yorktown, the War of 1812 and the Civil War, both World Wars, Korea, Vietnam and Desert Storm.

This is the Company that Washington knew, that Franklin saw march through the streets of Boston, that John Adams and John Quincy Adams visited; that has had eight members who received our nation's highest military decoration - the Medal of Honor - and has had four of its members serve in the worlds' most important office, President of the United States; President James Monroe, Chester Alan Arthur, Calvin Coolidge and John F. Kennedy; the same Company which has always stood for, and always will stand for, the best in citizenship.

Ancient and Honorable Artillery Company of Massachusetts an organization of distinction :: AHA.
And their artillery was muzzle loaded and fired a single shot. It wasn't mass produced, but hand crafted. And yes, those guns belong in well regulated militias. Guns that can fire a fusillade of bullets, can be hidden in clothing and concealed to law enforcement should similarly belong in well regulated militias, not on the streets.

Better that than allow people on the Watch List to purchase firearms. There is no good reason for the Republicans not to vote for such a bill, except fear of the NRA lobby.

Oh, there are plenty of good reasons INCLUDING fear of the NRA (as they should have). Gun ownership is a RIGHT, flying is a PRIVILEGE. The ability to deny an individual a firearm should be much more difficult than keeping people from flying.

Most people need the right to travel. Very few people need to purchase a firearm.

You do realize that for the most part that legislation would have been frivolous at best, correct? Non-US Citizens are already barred from purchasing firearms legally in the United States. Those US Citizens who are on the Watch List are often ones who already have criminal backgrounds that also already restrain them from purchasing legal firearms in the USA.

How many criminals walk into gun shops and attempt to LEGALLY purchase firearms? Very few. Most purchase them illegally though the black market, which is not going to be restrained from making sales based on laws. All that legislation would have done is to create a massive tie-up for law abiding citizens whose names happen to be similar to Watch List members to legally purchase a firearm.

Well only violation of constitutional rights.

That Constitutional right depends on interpretation.

The two are not comparable.
Any other objections?

Of course they are not comparable, if you are on the watch list you certainly should not be able to buy a gun. Flying, I am not sure, you are denying someones rights based on who knows what with no recourse and no judicial proceeding. No one knows how you get on the Terrorist watch List. There is no way to get off.

What offense have you committed that you "certainly should not be able to buy a gun?"

How about their right to fly? Why should they be able to check me and my bags when I fly if I am not even accused of a crime?

Of course they are not comparable, if you are on the watch list you certainly should not be able to buy a gun. Flying, I am not sure, you are denying someones rights based on who knows what with no recourse and no judicial proceeding. No one knows how you get on the Terrorist watch List. There is no way to get off.

What offense have you committed that you "certainly should not be able to buy a gun?"

How about their right to fly? Why should they be able to check me and my bags when I fly if I am not even accused of a crime?

You are entering their private property.

Most people need the right to travel. Very few people need to purchase a firearm.

More screwed up liberal logic

No one has a "right to fly".
But if you want to challenge the gov't for putting people on an arbitrary list go right ahead.

I notice you avoided answering the question.

More screwed up liberal logic

The right calls the truth screwed up logic.

But if you want to challenge the gov't for putting people on an arbitrary list go right ahead.

People need to travel, very few people need a gun, period. You avoided my question on why I should be scrutinized when I have not even been accused of a crime.

They still have no reason to think that I am going to commit a crime. A similar argument to yours could be made about not selling firearms to someone who is considered a potentially dangerous person to the American people. The bad guys have way too many guns because of people who think the way that you and Rabbi think.

They still have no reason to think that I am going to commit a crime. A similar argument to yours could be made about not selling firearms to someone who is considered a potentially dangerous person to the American people. The bad guys have way too many guns because of people who think the way that you and Rabbi think.

way off base and not even close in your analogy. they are searching you but they still let you fly. you are trying to compare that to not allowing someone to do something at all. by using you comparison they wouldn't be letting you fly at all.

People need to travel, very few people need a gun, period. You avoided my question on why I should be scrutinized when I have not even been accused of a crime.

You never need a gun until you really NEED a gun. Some of us like to plan ahead. If you feel that strongly about not having a gun I suggest you not buy one and if you ever really need one just see how long it takes the police to respond to your cry for help. That's the problem with Liberals, they depend on someone else to protect them instead of protecting their family's themselves. I say NEVER place your life in someone else's hands if you can help it.

They need to travel. They don't need to fly there.
Owning and carrying a firearm is protected by the US Constitution explicitly.

I dont think there is a good reason you need to be scrutinized and barred. But I didnt make up the rules.

LOL. Very few Americans NEED to travel. NO American NEEDS to travel outside the US. I would suggest that EVERY Right-thinking American needs to arm themselves; especially in this day and age.

Why do people need to travel; especially distances that are not doable by motor vehicle? Why wouldn't I need a gun?

EVERYONE should be scrutinized. That's part of what proper Security is.

And their artillery was muzzle loaded and fired a single shot. It wasn't mass produced, but hand crafted. And yes, those guns belong in well regulated militias. Guns that can fire a fusillade of bullets, can be hidden in clothing and concealed to law enforcement should similarly belong in well regulated militias, not on the streets.

And their artillery would knock a house down. And the founding fathers had ample experience of that. And they felt it was appropriate to the defence of the nation for CIVILIANS to have artillery. The biggest baddest weaponry of the era.

Forum List

Back