Cut ALL anti-poverty programs

I feel the United States federal government should cut out ALL anti-poverty programs in order to assist the lame and lazy to go out and become gainfully employed. This would serve two purposes:

A.) When they are off the government tit and working and climbing the economic ladder...they will start to vote Republican. Like the election day saying goes, "The Democrats jumped out to an early lead...then the Republicans got off work and went to the polls."

B.) This will put the issue back where it belongs...with the states. If blue/red ink states like California or Illinois want to support dead beats so be it. Just don't use my federal tax $$$ to fund public housing urchins who apply most of their effort to avoiding work and "playing the system."

What exactly then will they do when the program ends, and they are left with zero income? In this current job market workers far more fortunate than the poor apply all over, and well-qualified or seasoned workers often have to wait months to finally find a job they did not want in the first place.

Fiscal FactCheck

Low income and medicaid account for 13% of outlays an others hidden in the "everything else" spending. Things like ACORN, Food Stamps and free lunch program (thats Department of Agriculture) and a whole plethora of other programs wasted on other federal projects to help the lame and lazy. Factor prison cost (most inmates from single parent homes or welfare babies), cost to legal system. It all adds up. I would say the real cost would be over 25% of every dollar going to the lame, lazy, welfare cheats. Want food? Thats what a paycheck or private charity is for. Also,we could save tax dollars by sterilization of welfare moms after having the first little criminal.

Forum List

Back