D dAY

I am sure that D-Day still means the same thing today it meant on the same day in 1944. Why do we no celebrate the day that troops landed in North Africa or Italy? Or the isalnd hopping battles in the Pacific?

Last edited:
I am sure that D-Day still means the same thing today it meant on the same day in 1944. Why do we no celebrate the day that troops landed in North Africa or Italy? Or the isalnd hopping battles in the Pacific?
Because of the unrelenting courage it took for those kids, a lot of them fresh out of high school, to storm the beach at Normandy, with enemy fire picking them off like fish in a barrel, and almost certain death. They just kept coming and coming and refused to stop. It was supreme valor.

Because of the unrelenting courage it took for those kids, a lot of them fresh out of high school, to storm the beach at Normandy, with enemy fire picking them off like fish in a barrel, and almost certain death. They just kept coming and coming and refused to stop. It was supreme valor.
They were were conscripted slaves who were dumped on the beach after FDR reinstituted slavery.

Those kids didn't have a choice. It's not like swimming home was an option.

FDR was one evil piece of shit. The most horrendous slave driver in US history. Yet many Democratic party of slavery supporters consider that slave driver some kind of hero.

Last edited:
Russell-Pickett-1000x667-1.jpg

My dad's oldest brother, Russell Leeroy Pickett was a WWII vet and also part of the D-Day invasion. He was recognized and embraced by President Donald Trump (get it right). Truly a hero.

Forum List

Back