Dear H and R Block.......................

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
You know...............I was willing to listen to tax people tell me how much I had to pay, but I've got a question.....................

If H and R Block are saying that they have their eye on details, and can get us the money we deserve, then why do they continually broadcast their commercial which shows a bunch of money (like around 1 billion dollars) and state they can find it because they pay so much attention, yet show a U.S. Navy carrier, and show that there is an elevator in the front of the ship?

I mean.....................anyone who has ever served in the U.S. Navy, and has spent time on a carrier knows that there are no elevators in the front of the ship (as H and R Block does) because it would interfere with the operation of the steam catapults, as well as would mess up the water break?

Sorry, but the elevators are at the rear of the island, and if you're going to use the military as a way to sell your product, you should at least realize how things operate.

The military is not a prop, nor should it be used as such. I realize that politicians have done it for a while (we support the troops), but if you're going to use us as a prop, you should at least get it right.

I served 20 years in the U.S. Navy, and spent tours on 2 different carriers (USS DWIGHT D. EISNEHOWER and USS GEORGE WASHINGTON), and NEVER saw an elevator in the middle of the catapults. It would mess with not only the steam catapults, but it would also be in a very bad place for the water break.

H & R Block, along with many others, all make considerable corporate profits year in and year out just assisting Americans with the paperwork required to work in America.

Just how stupid does that make us look? :eusa_doh:

Congress should be embarrassed by our complicated tax code.

The military is not a prop, nor should it be used as such.

Really? Why not?

The current administration is already using it as a social experiment for homos, and eliminating all religion, why should using it as a prop be forbidden when all this other crap is allowed?

The military is not a prop, nor should it be used as such.

Really? Why not?

The current administration is already using it as a social experiment for homos, and eliminating all religion, why should using it as a prop be forbidden when all this other crap is allowed?

Actually, gays have served in the U.S. Military ever since Valley Forge. The German general that Washington appointed to train the soldiers there wasn't a general, he was a librarian, and it was widely believed that he was gay.

Besides.....................I can tell you from personal experience from working with people I knew were gay, that they get higher evaluations, more personal awards, and pay better attention to detail.

As far as the military "eliminating religion"? Got anything to back up your bullshit? At last count, the military recognizes over 100 different religions. Again, I know this because I was a Personnelman in the U.S. Navy, and there are over 100 different codes to list a person's religion on their pg. 2 Record of Emergency Data.

And.......................it's not so much about being used as a prop, I just wish that they would get the location of the elevators right, but of course, that shot isn't as sexy.

Forum List

Back