Decent garage sale find today

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
A 1972 Glenfield (Marlin) Model 25 bolt-action magazine-fed .22 rifle. Picked up this one for $40. It didn't have a magazine but I had several of them that go to a Marlin .22 I have. Now to find an original Marlin or Weaver 3/4" 4X scope, and she'll be complete...

glenfield model 25_1.jpg

glenfield model 25_2.jpg

glenfield model 25_3.jpg

glenfield model 25_4.jpg

glenfield model 25_5.jpg

glenfield model 25_6.jpg

glenfield model 25_7.jpg

glenfield model 25_8.jpg

Last edited:
Nice score!

When I go to yard sales/swap meets these days, I'm looking primarily for vintage cameras and Kodak memorabilia. It's always fun to find something up your alley, especially when it's at a nice price!

I just got back from a six week road trip and bought, if I recall, nine more cameras...

I've disassembled the odd Marlin .22 to have a look at them and to do a bit of maintenance on friends' weapons. Absolutely unimpressed. Would give it away again if given one.

A 1972 Glenfield (Marlin) Model 25 bolt-action magazine-fed .22 rifle. Picked up this one for $40. It didn't have a magazine but I had several of them that go to a Marlin .22 I have. Now to find an original Marlin or Weaver 3/4" 4X scope, and she'll be complete...

View attachment 492429

View attachment 492431

View attachment 492432

View attachment 492433

View attachment 492434

View attachment 492435

View attachment 492436

View attachment 492437

!!!! Assault weapon !!!

Nice score!

When I go to yard sales/swap meets these days, I'm looking primarily for vintage cameras and Kodak memorabilia. It's always fun to find something up your alley, especially when it's at a nice price!

I just got back from a six week road trip and bought, if I recall, nine more cameras...

Cameras aren't my niche, but I do keep a lookout for those old stereo film cameras. They're pretty collectible...

Stereo camera - Wikipedia

Nice score!

Cameras aren't my niche, but I do keep a lookout for those old stereo film cameras. They're pretty collectible...

Right on. I've only got one, an Iloca. Not sure what vintage it is. Any thoughts?

22548589547_5510c26aff_o.jpg

Nice score!

Right on. I've only got one, an Iloca. Not sure what vintage it is. Any thoughts?

View attachment 492758

I haven't come across one of those, just a couple of those Stereo Realist cameras over the last 10 years or so. I see the Iloca stereo cameras are bringing between $50-$125 in "for display or repair" condition on Ebay. A working "serviced" David White Stereo Realist can fetch between $125-$300.

Had some good luck today...

Adjustable drywall stilts...$16

Heavy duty truck winch...$30

17 inch, 16 speed floor model Craftsman drill press with 1.5hp motor...$70

Missed a 20 ton press for $50 by just a few minutes. They were loading it up when I pulled in.

Had some good luck today...

Adjustable drywall stilts...$16

Heavy duty truck winch...$30

17 inch, 16 speed floor model Craftsman drill press with 1.5hp motor...$70

Missed a 20 ton press for $50 by just a few minutes. They were loading it up when I pulled in.

Nice haul! Was that at a garage sale?

Nice haul! Was that at a garage sale?
Yes. Fella had sold his farm and was moving to Florida. He was selling everything he didn't have room to haul... but IMO he was high on a lot of his stuff.

A gas log splitter for $250

A zero turn mower that looked like it belonged under the lawn for $1500

When I heard 'farm' I thought I might score a farriers anvil...but no luck.

View attachment 492429

View attachment 492431

View attachment 492432

View attachment 492433

View attachment 492434

View attachment 492435

View attachment 492436

View attachment 492437

That's the gun I learned to shoot on at Boy Scout camp when I was 10.

View attachment 492429

View attachment 492431

View attachment 492432

View attachment 492433

View attachment 492434

View attachment 492435

View attachment 492436

View attachment 492437

I had totally forgotten about the Glenfields. I bought maybe a dozen or more of those in the early 70s. Kmart would put them on sale for $27.99 over a weekend and then they would go back up on Monday to $34.99. I sold all of them for $33 or more. That $5 would fill my gas tank for a week. They sold a model with a scope for $39.99 on sale. Bricks of Winchester 22 were $4.99 - I still have a couple of old boxes.
Your wood looks great. The bluing has held up pretty good. How is the barrel? Maybe cork-up both ends and fill it with Kroil and let it set for a week (in the garage- that stuff smells). Congrats on the find.

Cheers

New Topics

Forum List

Back