Defying U.S., China and Iran Near Trade and Military Partnership

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
When the old useless fossil Establishment politicians tell you how China is such a nice, global partner, as they rewarded China for 30 years, point them to this nice $400B deal. The same people who dislike Iran so much, have helped them immensely though embracing and empowering China.

As I said, people like Romney and his ilk are living under a rock. They think they can go into Iran, but, Iran is being funded by the West, indirectly, through big Western businesses in China.

Maybe they should have cut off the head of the snake when they had the chance, instead of believing they could control the Communists.

Iran and China have quietly drafted a sweeping economic and security partnership that would clear the way for billions of dollars of Chinese investments in energy and other sectors, undercutting the Trump administration’s efforts to isolate the Iranian government because of its nuclear and military ambitions.

The partnership, detailed in an 18-page proposed agreement obtained by The New York Times, would vastly expand Chinese presence in banking, telecommunications, ports, railways and dozens of other projects. In exchange, China would receive a regular — and, according to an Iranian official and an oil trader, heavily discounted — supply of Iranian oil over the next 25 years.

The document also describes deepening military cooperation, potentially giving China a foothold in a region that has been a strategic preoccupation of the United States for decades. It calls for joint training and exercises, joint research and weapons development and intelligence sharing — all to fight “the lopsided battle with terrorism, drug and human trafficking and cross-border crimes.”

The partnership — first proposed by China’s leader, Xi Jinping, during a visit to Iran in 2016 — was approved by President Hassan Rouhani’s cabinet in June, Iran’s foreign minister, Mohammad Javad Zarif, said last week.

You get along or countries find alternatives in their best interest. That pisses us off when they do that.
How do we get along?

We could start by stop threatening them all the time.
Excuse me...who threatens who?

You read what I said.

How The CIA Overthrew Iran's Democracy In 4 Days : Throughline
I remember a caveman clobbering another caveman's family to death.
I presume you believe that anyone who ruled Iran was benevolent.
This is not so.

You get along or countries find alternatives in their best interest. That pisses us off when they do that.
How do we get along?

You read what I said.

This is not so.

Not our business.

There is some truth to this. I have to believe that it was the sanctions that forced this move.

I agreed with the Trump admin. that the 30 day advance notice before an inspection was a bad deal, however, the deal the U.S struck with them should have been salvaged, re-worked, not scrapped if there were possible alternatives.

Ultimately, the sanctions drove Iran to China in my opinion. China wants more and more satellites in their orbit, N Korea has served them well.

Trump tried an ultimate pressure campaign, which would have worked in conjunction with the same against China, but, too few in the U.S were interested in confronting China as required. With so many in the U.S focused on hugging China and the most Useful helping to avert attention to them, even to this day some want eyes averted to "right wing radicals" (huh? THAT is the national security threat to Americans?); China will steamroll ahead.

If the West doesn't have the political will to confront China, ANY engagement against another nation will be fruitless as China will just embrace anyone America dislikes. The communists are playing on another level. Unlike in the West, they aren't interested in bartenders or activists in their government as career politicians, they have scientists and engineers in their Party rise to the top.

There is plenty to dislike about their ideology, but, they are at least taking from a better pool of leaders. Trump was unique in that he wasn't a rocket scientist, but, he was a businessman/brawler. That was a left hook for those who want "predictable". See "beatable". It take courage, patriotism and boldness to win against dictatorships.

I've stated numerous times that the most important area for National Security of any nation is it's economy. It's why Canada is essentially useless on the global stage now. We lose our best talent to maintain a controlled and unaccountable kakistocracy (primary our police apparatus). Americas strength is your diverse economy with so many leading sectors and in which you have traditionally harnessed top talent and patriotism. Chinas objective is to undermine this as much as possible. They've been surprisingly successful.

Give credit where it is due, and also lay blame on those who have been running the show for 30 years in the West with repeated failures to their nations interests and sovereignty.

Last edited:
How do we get along?

You read what I said.

This is not so.

Not our business.
What is our business?
Was WWII our business?
Was Vietnam our business?
Was Korea our business?

I bet you don't know why we went to war Vietnam and Korea.

How do we get along?

You read what I said.

This is not so.

Not our business.
What is our business?
Was WWII our business?
Was Vietnam our business?
Was Korea our business?

I bet you don't know why we went to war Vietnam and Korea.

To waste millions and needlessly kill our youth,

WWII was avoidable and we had NO business in Korea or Vietnam.

"peace in our lifetime!"

There is this amazing documentary "They Shall Not Grow Old". It is concerning WWI. At the end one of the soldiers is asked what they hope the future generations take from WWI. He's says to never do anything stupid like this again. We never learned the lesson.

When the old useless fossil Establishment politicians tell you how China is such a nice, global partner, as they rewarded China for 30 years, point them to this nice $400B deal. The same people who dislike Iran so much, have helped them immensely though embracing and empowering China.

As I said, people like Romney and his ilk are living under a rock. They think they can go into Iran, but, Iran is being funded by the West, indirectly, through big Western businesses in China.

Maybe they should have cut off the head of the snake when they had the chance, instead of believing they could control the Communists.

Iran and China have quietly drafted a sweeping economic and security partnership that would clear the way for billions of dollars of Chinese investments in energy and other sectors, undercutting the Trump administration’s efforts to isolate the Iranian government because of its nuclear and military ambitions.

The partnership, detailed in an 18-page proposed agreement obtained by The New York Times, would vastly expand Chinese presence in banking, telecommunications, ports, railways and dozens of other projects. In exchange, China would receive a regular — and, according to an Iranian official and an oil trader, heavily discounted — supply of Iranian oil over the next 25 years.

The document also describes deepening military cooperation, potentially giving China a foothold in a region that has been a strategic preoccupation of the United States for decades. It calls for joint training and exercises, joint research and weapons development and intelligence sharing — all to fight “the lopsided battle with terrorism, drug and human trafficking and cross-border crimes.”

The partnership — first proposed by China’s leader, Xi Jinping, during a visit to Iran in 2016 — was approved by President Hassan Rouhani’s cabinet in June, Iran’s foreign minister, Mohammad Javad Zarif, said last week.

Iran and China have had trade relations since 200 BC.

excerpt:

Yet Iran’s ties with China would still be limited compared to Beijing’s engagement with other countries, such as Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, which are Iran’s main regional rivals. China “has proven reluctant to deepen its economic commitment to Iran given the constraints of the domestic market, U.S. sanctions, and regional tensions which introduce steeper tradeoffs for any Chinese investments,” according to Greer and Batmanghelidj.

The latest negotiations between Iran and China were a continuation of an earlier deal, the Comprehensive Strategic Partnership, which was signed in January 2016. The new draft agreement does not create a new alliance or change the balance of power in the Middle East. The following are excerpts from the paper, originally published by the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars.

Another Grumpybear legacy.

Putin smiles (but glances suspiciously at China).

Another Grumpybear legacy.

Putin smiles (but glances suspiciously at China).

Russia and Iran have a long history of alliance. When I used to travel to Iran, I bought a Russian samovar in northern Iran...and fresh beluga caviar (It was cheap).

This is the result of Trump's bullying and threatening China with his silly trade wars and obnoxious behavior. "Trade wars are easy to win", said Trump. His rough and tumble manner of "negotiating" has chased our allies and opposition into the arms of China. China was not our enemy, but they were our competitors. Now we have a little of both. Stupid and inexperienced man.

Forum List

Back