Department of Government Efficiency

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2007
Desert Southwest USA
I'm pretty sure he means it tongue in cheek, but sometimes I wonder if Elon Musk is actually joking that he would like a cabinet position in Trump's administration next year. He would like to be Secretary of Government Efficiency. He says he'll work without pay.

I could go for that. Elon also is famous for asking the opinions of the social media world on this or that. If he continued that in his new cabinet position I would have a pretty long laundry list to suggest.

I'm pretty sure he means it tongue in cheek, but sometimes I wonder if Elon Musk is actually joking that he would like a cabinet position in Trump's administration next year. He would like to be Secretary of Government Efficiency. He says he'll work without pay.

I could go for that. Elon also is famous for asking the opinions of the social media world on this or that. If he continued that in his new cabinet position I would have a pretty long laundry list to suggest.

It is unlikely, for him to be on Kamala Harris' short list. Most would agree, we have more than enough government agencies, now.

It is unlikely, for him to be on Kamala Harris' short list. Most would agree, we have more than enough government agencies, now.
He hasn't said he wants to be in Kamala's administration. Efficient, effective government is the last thing on her or any Democrat in Washington's mind. But Trump might be pretty interested in that.

There will not be a tRump administration next year.

He hasn't said he wants to be in Kamala's administration. Efficient, effective government is the last thing on her or any Democrat in Washington's mind. But Trump might be pretty interested in that.
I would not get my hopes up, if I were you. Look, if it turns out, like it looks like it will turn out, you can always take Putin up on his offer, so you have a fall-back plan.

Oxymoron.

Force -the only tool gubmint has- is inherently inefficient.
But so much could be done. The first thing in that cabinet position I would recommend is get rid of baseline budgeting except maybe for basic office supplies. Every year each department starts from zero and line item budgets everything they need to do for the next twelve months and how much money it will require to do that. And each department budget will need to be approved by the House and Senate Committee on Budget and Expenditures before it goes to the full House and Senate for vote. If a Department needs to do something that wasn't in the original budget, they will request additional appropriations from Congress.

No more trillion dollar appropriations bills. Every project or initiative other than everyday duties must be approved by Congress in a stand alone bill with on the record votes and no earmarks or other pork or unrelated projects can be added onto it. Votes will be final--no member can change his/her vote after he/she casts it.

All government agencies must be 100% transparent to the people's elected representatives as to what they are doing with the money and the results/effectiveness of the program. Any employee who willfully lies to Congress or is otherwise not forthcoming will submit his/her resignation immediately.

I would not get my hopes up, if I were you. Look, if it turns out, like it looks like it will turn out, you can always take Putin up on his offer, so you have a fall-back plan.
MIMITW.gif

Creating a new government agency in order to get rid of a lot of government agencies? I like the sound of that.

Even if only was there to set it up, hire people, set up guidelines and then serve as an overseer I could see it as being a very good thing.

We all know he doesn't have bloat in his companies, he only hires talent with ambition, he doesn't tolerate unnecessary stuff in the work place like dei and social agenda driven people, and he runs a tight ship.

But most of all, he gets results in anything he sets out to do. He built an electric car company, he made self landing rockets, he put internet in space for people, he put people in space, he put a chip in a person's brain to restore their function. No one can't ever say he doesn't get things done.

I really hope he meant it and I hope trump takes him up on his offer

Forum List

Back