DeSantis slams potential 2024 rival "When I think of Biden I think of him staring, deer in headlights @ teleprompter: 'End of quote, repeat the line'"

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
what an upgrade from a flailing president to an intelligent young vigorous one. let's switch from Biden to DeSantis in 2024, my friends!

No thanks as I want a democrat.. I want democracy.
We are a Democratic Republic.....I know the word Republic is abhorrent to your ilk, same as responsibility.

That and you are old enough for your wants not to hurt ya. ;)

We are a Democratic Republic.....I know the word Republic is abhorrent to your ilk, same as responsibility.

That and you are old enough for your wants not to hurt ya. ;)
A republic without having democracy is abhorrent. that is the deal if you vote for republicans, you skip the democracy.

A republic without having democracy is abhorrent. that is the deal if you vote for republicans, you skip the democracy.
It would seem to me, given, how 2020 election was stolen, that your idea of of "democracy" is somewhat tainted.

That's OK, we are going to fix that. ;)

It would seem to me, given, how 2020 election was stolen, that your idea of of "democracy" is somewhat tainted.

That's OK, we are going to fix that. ;)

Penelope thinks a democracy is when you run off a duly elected official you don't like with a bunch of jackbooted, armed up, unelected bureaucrats.

She's the one on Twitter under every FBI post saying "Thank you for your service". pukeworthy

No thanks as I want a democrat.. I want democracy.
Ron finds things like the 1st A to be.......well.........inconvenient.

A federal judge invoked “Stranger Things,” Immanuel Kant, and Friedrich Nietzsche in dismantling the state’s defense of Gov. Ron DeSantis’ “Stop Woke Act,” declaring the effort to constrain workplace sensitivity training violates the First and Fourteenth Amendment.

In a 44-page opinion, U.S. District Judge Mark Walker in Tallahassee ruled that the law — formally, the Individual Freedom Act, or IFA — amounts to an attempt by the state of Florida to impose its preferred positions about the existence of systemic racism and sexism on the workplace and public schools.

DeSantis signed the measure in April.

“Florida’s legislators may well find plaintiffs’ speech ‘repugnant.’ But under our constitutional scheme, the ‘remedy’ for repugnant speech is more speech, not enforced silence. Indeed, it is the purpose of the First Amendment to preserve an uninhibited marketplace of ideas in which truth will ultimately prevail,” Walker wrote.

“If Florida truly believes we live in a post-racial society, then let it make its case. But it cannot win the argument by muzzling its opponents. Because, without justification, the IFA attacks ideas, not conduct, plaintiffs are substantially likely to succeed on the merits of this lawsuit.”

Rejected — As the summer of litigation for Gov. Ron DeSantis and Florida Republicans continues, a federal appeals court on Monday handed the governor a major setback, nixing a law aimed at large social media companies that barred them from censoring political candidates.

Pushing back— The law — one of DeSantis' top priorities from last year — came after Twitter had removed former President Donald Trump from its platform and DeSantis and Republicans said the legislation was needed to battle “Big Tech oligarchs” who were silencing conservative voices. It's been part of a refrain from DeSantis as he has ripped into Silicon Valley firms, "corporate media" and other companies he says are engaged in a narrative designed to push a "leftist" agenda.

Hold on —
The 11th Circuit Court of Appeals — in a unanimous decision that was written by a judge appointed to the bench by Donald Trump — kept in place major parts of an injunction slapped against the law last year.

From the ruling — “Put simply, with minor exceptions, the government can’t tell a private person or entity what to say or how to say it,” Circuit Judge Kevin Newsom wrote. Newsom added that “We hold that it is substantially likely that social-media companies — even the biggest ones — are ‘private actors’ whose rights the First Amendment protects."

No wonder Ron is considered a front runner for prez in today's POT. His authoritarian impulses come through loud and clear.........and Repubs like that.

Democrats are abhorrent. Can't we just skip the Democrats are replace them with someone else?

2016 Democrats: "The United States Presidential Election results are in question because of Russian interference"

2020 Democrats: "It is Evil and anti-democracy to question the results of a United States presidential election"

Seriously, this is comedy in real time. Your woke heroes have no leg to stand on, they're proven frauds.

Forum List

Back