Desperate liberals still trying to pretend waterboarding and sleep deprivation is "torture"

The Left thinks the American voter is stupid. Explain to the stupid how sleep deprivation is torture and beheading is not?

And yet, we tried and convicted Japanese of torture for waterboarding.

The level of your knowledge is really .... uhhhh .... shallow. You are quoting an old Mother Jones article in which the information was taken out of context from a comment by John McCain, and then conflated in order to support a preconceived agenda.

Saying that we executed Japanese soldiers for waterboarding is like saying we executed a serial killer because he drove too fast. Yes, they waterboarded ... yes, they were convicted ... but, they were convicted of crimes orders of magnitude worse than waterboarding.

You're probably not aware, for example, that Japanese soldiers considered the liver of POWs especially potent ... and they would keep them alive while they flayed their skin, cutting off pieces of thighs, arms, ears, and eating them ... all the while ensuring they kept the victim alive for days so that they could eat the liver at the moment of death.

It is disingenuous to say they were executed for waterboarding ... they were also convicted of keeping POWs locked up ... were they executed because of that?
Spectacularly wrong. My information comes from neither mother Jones nor John McCain...

U.S. Military Commission, Yokohama, May 1-28, 1947

That between 1 April, 1943 and 31 December, 1943, the accused Yukio Asano, did, willfully and unlawfully, brutally mistreat and torture John Henry Burton, an American Prisoner of War, by beating him; and by fastening him head downward on a
stretcher and forcing water into his nose.”​

So yes, there were convictions for waterboarding, which was classified as torture.

LOL --- went and did some more research when pinned, huh? You're going to take a single sentence out of a 1,600 page report written 67 years ago - you didn't know that, did you? You didn't actually review the report, did you? You just accepted somebody else's reference to it, that's why you copied and pasted, instead of linking to it, right? - and try to build a whole case out of the slimmest of threads?

C'mon, man ... I know you're desperate to prove an unjustifiable position ... but surely, you can do better than that.
The level of your knowledge is really .... uhhhh .... shallow. You are quoting an old Mother Jones article in which the information was taken out of context from a comment by John McCain, and then conflated in order to support a preconceived agenda.

Saying that we executed Japanese soldiers for waterboarding is like saying we executed a serial killer because he drove too fast. Yes, they waterboarded ... yes, they were convicted ... but, they were convicted of crimes orders of magnitude worse than waterboarding.

You're probably not aware, for example, that Japanese soldiers considered the liver of POWs especially potent ... and they would keep them alive while they flayed their skin, cutting off pieces of thighs, arms, ears, and eating them ... all the while ensuring they kept the victim alive for days so that they could eat the liver at the moment of death.

It is disingenuous to say they were executed for waterboarding ... they were also convicted of keeping POWs locked up ... were they executed because of that?
Spectacularly wrong. My information comes from neither mother Jones nor John McCain...

That between 1 April, 1943 and 31 December, 1943, the accused Yukio Asano, did, willfully and unlawfully, brutally mistreat and torture John Henry Burton, an American Prisoner of War, by beating him; and by fastening him head downward on a

So yes, there were convictions for waterboarding, which was classified as torture.

You're going to take a single sentence out of a 1,600 page report written 67 years ago - (you didn't know that, did you? You didn't actually review the report, did you? You just accepted somebody else's reference to it, that's why you copied and pasted, instead of linking to it, right?) - and try to build a whole case out of the slimmest of threads?

You didn't bother to actually review the formal report, and try to find out if this was a single charge in a much larger prosecution, did you? You didn't check to see that Yukio Asano was actually convicted of 31 other charges as well, did you? You didn't actually check if Asano was executed because of waterboarding, did you? Instead, you chose to visit anti-waterboarding propaganda sites, and just quote their carefully selected and carefully edited quotes, didn't you?

C'mon, man ... I know you're desperate to prove an unjustifiable position ... but surely, you can do better than that.
Spectacularly wrong again. You're on a roll. No, in reality, I posted that same link yesterday. Again, as then, it has nothing to do with mother Jones or John McCain. And I posted the sentence which called it torture, which is why I posted it. You can deny history all you want, but you can't make it go away. Japanese were charged with, and convicted of torture for waterboarding.

I deny nothing ... except your perceived right to manipulate history to fit your purposes. Selective use of historical data is a crime against intellect ... when you fail to consider historical information in context, you are being intellectually dishonest ... and THIS is one of those cases.
Holyfuckingshit! :eusa_doh:

Did Asano waterboard Americans? Yes

Was he charged for that? Yes

Was it called torture? Yes

Was he found guilty of that charge as well as other offenses? Yes

Was he convicted for that charge along with the others? Yes

G'head ... tell me again how you're not denying that and how I'm the one manipulating history.

:eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:

I denied nothing ... you strolled in here, and postured yourself as an expert, claiming that Japanese soldiers were executed for waterboarding. I merely pointed out that they were executed for significantly more heinous crimes, and that, at best, waterboaring was an ancillary crime, and for you to try to transfer that execution to waterboarding was disingenuous and intellectually dishonest.

LOL --- went and did some more research when pinned, huh? You're going to take a single sentence out of a 1,600 page report written 67 years ago - you didn't know that, did you? You didn't actually review the report, did you? You just accepted somebody else's reference to it, that's why you copied and pasted, instead of linking to it, right? - and try to build a whole case out of the slimmest of threads?

You're going to take a single sentence out of a 1,600 page report written 67 years ago - (you didn't know that, did you? You didn't actually review the report, did you? You just accepted somebody else's reference to it, that's why you copied and pasted, instead of linking to it, right?) - and try to build a whole case out of the slimmest of threads?

You didn't bother to actually review the formal report, and try to find out if this was a single charge in a much larger prosecution, did you? You didn't check to see that Yukio Asano was actually convicted of 31 other charges as well, did you? You didn't actually check if Asano was executed because of waterboarding, did you? Instead, you chose to visit anti-waterboarding propaganda sites, and just quote their carefully selected and carefully edited quotes, didn't you?

Spectacularly wrong again. You're on a roll. No, in reality, I posted that same link yesterday. Again, as then, it has nothing to do with mother Jones or John McCain. And I posted the sentence which called it torture, which is why I posted it. You can deny history all you want, but you can't make it go away. Japanese were charged with, and convicted of torture for waterboarding.

I deny nothing ... except your perceived right to manipulate history to fit your purposes. Selective use of historical data is a crime against intellect ... when you fail to consider historical information in context, you are being intellectually dishonest ... and THIS is one of those cases.

G'head ... tell me again how you're not denying that and how I'm the one manipulating history.

I denied nothing ... you strolled in here, and postured yourself as an expert, claiming that Japanese soldiers were executed for waterboarding. I merely pointed out that they were executed for significantly more heinous crimes, and that, at best, waterboaring was an ancillary crime, and for you to try to transfer that execution to waterboarding was disingenuous and intellectually dishonest.

The CIA director himself said that the CIA engaged in abhorrent practices.

That would be the CIA director whose job depends on kowtowing to the current political line, right? The one whose current funding depends on the agency condoning the political hit piece, right?

I notice that you failed to address the key issue in this whole thread .... I asked the question in Post 164. I'll assume you didn't see it, so I'll ask it again.

Let's try to get this subject back on point ----

The real issue is simple .... does the end justify the means? If one life is saved, is torture okay? Two lives? 10 lives?

What if it's your daughter that is threatened? You come home, your daughter is tied to a chair. A biological weapon in a suitcase sits at her feet. The clock is ticking. Sitting across the table is the perpetrator. He tells you he has the disarm code, but isn't going to use it. What are you willing to do in order to save your daughter's life? Where do you draw the line? Would you resort to violence?

When does the end justify the means? And, what 'means' are you willing to use when you don't know what the 'end' will be? You just THINK the perpetrator knows the disarm code. You're not sure ... what do you do then? Where do you draw the line?

It's easy to sit in an ivory tower ... as long as someone else guards the entrance.

I await your answer.

LOL --- went and did some more research when pinned, huh?

You can't get anything right, an you? Let's tally up the damage, shall we?

You falsely claimed I got my information from mother jones. It didn't.

You falsely claimed my information came from John McCain. It didn't.

You falsely claimed I then "did more research" to find the link I posted. I didn't.

You falsely claimed I said Asano was executed. I didn't.

You falsely claimed Asano was executed. He wasn't.

You falsely claimed I said Asano was executed for waterboarding. I didn't.

In spectacular fashion, you've gotten just about everything wrong -- and then said I am the one being intellectually dishonest. :eusa_doh:

Let's try this from a different angle .... did the charges against Asano call waterboarding, "torture?"

LOL --- went and did some more research when pinned, huh?

You falsely claimed I then "did more research" to find the link I posted. I didn't.

In spectacular fashion, you've gotten just about everything wrong -- and then said I am the one being intellectually dishonest. :eusa_doh:

Let's try this from a different angle .... did the charges against Asano call waterboarding, "torture?"

LOL --- that's funny, I don't care how many degrees you have.

Your ability to pervert reality is only exceeded by your arrogance.

Have a nice day.

LOL --- that's funny, I don't care how many degrees you have.

Your ability to pervert reality is only exceeded by your arrogance.

Have a nice day.
Who said anything about degrees??

Why did you refuse to answer my question??

Did the charges against Asano call waterboarding, "torture?" Your answer is either "yes" or "no." Let's see which one of us is truly divorced from reality. You game?

The Left thinks the American voter is stupid. Explain to the stupid how sleep deprivation is torture and beheading is not?

What a stupid question.

Then even you should be able to answer it.

Is anyone beheading people to get them to talk? Does the severed head have much to say?

You don't need to convince me. I know you have your head wrapped around that question. You must be so proud of yourself. I know the rest of us are too.

Actually he defended the practices. I'm sure most of what he said went right over your whittle head.

Still no answer ...

Did the charges against Asano call waterboarding, "torture?"

Your non-answer answers for you.

Forum List

Back