Did a Roman Senator greet the Roman ransacking Visgoths We are all Romans??

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
The Sack of Rome occurred on August 24, 410.
The city was attacked by the Visigoths, led by Alaric I.
At that time, Rome was no longer the capital of the Western Roman Empire, having been replaced in this position by Mediolanum in 286 and then by Ravenna in 402.
Nevertheless, the city of Rome retained a paramount position as "the eternal city" and a spiritual center of the Empire.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sack_of_Rome_(410)

Interestingly
"Saturday at a press conference from the Rio Grande Valley, Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) discussed her tour of a border holding facility and addressed the humanitarian crisis of thousands unaccompanied minors flooding across the U.S.-Mexico border, which she called a "humanitarian opportunity."
Pelosi explained, "We are all Americans -- north and south in this hemisphere," and urged America to see this as not a crisis but an opportunity "to be helpful." She also said she wished she could simply "take home" the thousands of children temporarily housed in the overburden facilities.
Pelosi on the Border: We Have to Use This 'Crisis' as an 'Opportunity'

U.S. population 1900 - 76+ million

U.S. population 2014 - 317+ million

Idiots still think we have plenty of room and opportunity.

Doesn't really follow, we do not have a superior enemy encamped at the gates, we have an economic refugee problem from our poorer neighbors. There is no way to make it a fair comparison.

Explain to me "WHAT" idiots?
If you mean those like Pelosi that are encouraging LAW breakers I agree.

Doesn't really follow, we do not have a superior enemy encamped at the gates, we have an economic refugee problem from our poorer neighbors. There is no way to make it a fair comparison.

Tell that to these people!

FALFURRIAS,TX - Sex offenders, murder suspects and gang members are making their way through the vast rangelands of Brooks County.

The Vickers ranch is one of the many land spreads affected by the surge in illegal immigration. What is more concerning to the ranch owners is the type of people trekking through their land.

Linda Vickers never wanders away from her house without her trusty canine companions - Blitz, Elsa, Schotten and Tinkerbell.

The dogs provide a sense of security in a land of insecurity.

"The safety factor out here has changed," Vickers said.
Brooks County Ranchers Worry About Criminal Immigrants | KRGV.com | CHANNEL 5 NEWS | Breaking News Breaking Stories

Explain to me "WHAT" idiots?
If you mean those like Pelosi that are encouraging LAW breakers I agree.

Yeah......those idiots and any idiots who think we do not need to seal the borders.

I agree about sealing the borders.
Have you ever done a Google map search following the "fence" starting at San Diego, going east?
I don't know how many miles of New Mexico/AZ/Texas borders have NO FENCING. Now I would hope there were sophisticated detection systems but I doubt it.

The fence along the U.S.-Mexico border is mostly finished.
Customs and Border Protection spokesman Lloyd Easterling said that 601 miles of the project had been completed as of a week ago. Easterling said 69 miles of the fence still must be built to meet the goal set during the Bush administration
U.S.-Mexico border fence almost complete - US news - Security | NBC News

Again.. don't know if the Google map was pre fence completion but as you said that should be the first objective.

The 2nd now which I never thought it possible but the f...king President should shut the f...k up!
President Obama reminded Democratic donors that “our future rests” on the success of people brought to the United States illegally as children, who would qualify for citizenship if Congress had passed the DREAM Act.

Forum List

Back