Did you know Arnold Schwarzenegger is half czech? I didnt know that, that was a shock to me.

Did you know Arnold Schwarzenegger is half czech? I didnt know that, that was a shock to me.

Why is that? Did you not know that once the area was part of Germany? Next to Slavic, the dominant ethnicity in the Czech Republic is German. A part of the country was the Sudetenland, an area of the country that was predominantly German, and was a major negotiation point for Germany prior to WWII. And that once WWII was over, Czechoslovakia expelled most of their German population.

Why that would shock you, I have absolutely no idea. I imagine you are also shocked that a lot of people in England are of Irish descent. Or that there are a sizeable number of Irish in Mexico, or that a President of Peru was of Japanese descent.

Why is that? Did you not know that once the area was part of Germany? Next to Slavic, the dominant ethnicity in the Czech Republic is German. A part of the country was the Sudetenland, an area of the country that was predominantly German, and was a major negotiation point for Germany prior to WWII. And that once WWII was over, Czechoslovakia expelled most of their German population.

Why that would shock you, I have absolutely no idea. I imagine you are also shocked that a lot of people in England are of Irish descent. Or that there are a sizeable number of Irish in Mexico, or that a President of Peru was of Japanese descent.

Because Arnold is the super austrian, he is very austrian and now I found out he is czech.

What is today the Czech Republic was part of the Austrian Empire until 1919. So not too surprising.

Forum List

Back