Do we need more optimistic science fiction?

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
There is "The Expanse" and it is top notch but I don't see people getting excited for becoming wage slaves on asteroids.

Apple TV has something more fun but soap operish.

Do we need something on TV with an optimistic portrayal of a space future?

What would it take to get the All American reality show watching football loving people of suburban America excited to watch a sci fi show?

A show about an American style society on a colony ship or O'neill Cylinder like this

but with a culture based on 80s, 90s, or even 2010s America.

tumblr_msgdj89E1P1sgt06ho1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
"The Orville" was fun, kind of the new Star Trek after actual Star Trek got so gloomy. Season 3 is scheduled to start Oct. 2021. Unfortunately, it will be on Hulu instead of FOX.

There is "The Expanse" and it is top notch but I don't see people getting excited for becoming wage slaves on asteroids.

Apple TV has something more fun but soap operish.

Do we need something on TV with an optimistic portrayal of a space future?

What would it take to get the All American reality show watching football loving people of suburban America excited to watch a sci fi show?

A show about an American style society on a colony ship or O'neill Cylinder like this

but with a culture based on 80s, 90s, or even 2010s America.

tumblr_msgdj89E1P1sgt06ho1_1280.jpg

I remember this episode from the original Star Trek, you guys need to watch it on Netflix, and see if today seems like what might happen...

They announced "Star Trek: Strange New World" with the adventures of Captain Pike and Spock on the Enterprise for 2022. They say it's supposed to go back to the "old formula" of Star Trek, more optimism, more humor, and mostly contained episodes.

Sounds like that could be fun. If the "Short Treks" with Pike and Spock are any indication, the show could be great, imo.

New Topics

Forum List

Back