Do you believe in the possibility of life in other galaxies?

With over a hundred billion galaxies in the universe. It is hard for me to believe that there is not at least one other solar system with life. Especially, when some scientists claim that they have already found some exoplanets that can be like Earth

It is difficult for a planet to have a climate capable of sustaining life.
Those that do will probably not do it or develop life of the order of single cell creatures or some type of slime.
Planets with intelligent life will be extremely rare.

So, yes
There are probably other planets with life. But planets capable of visiting earth......nearly impossible
We're dying proof that intelligent life is extremely rare.
Caribou, monarch butterflies and sea turtles are a hopeful sign.
We need to get rid of them

on another topic, there are many who believe these are regular, normal planes in the sky just leaving a jet stream LMAO :auiqs.jpg:
1622044057845.png

It's actually not funny at all as they are poisoning us all:mad:

With over a hundred billion galaxies in the universe. It is hard for me to believe that there is not at least one other solar system with life. Especially, when some scientists claim that they have already found some exoplanets that can be like Earth

As both a technician, scientist, and nearly becoming an astronomer, I'm certain that life abounds everywhere, in every nook and cranny it can take hold, wherever there is liquid water, carbon, and whatever else needed.

THE REAL QUESTION is what about INTELLIGENT life: sentient life and technological civilizations. That's where everyone differs.

No chance of intelligent, advanced life anywhere else here in our solar system, but across the Milky Way galaxy, 100,000 light-years across with untold trillions of stars? No doubt there must be other civilizations somewhere that we can catch reaching fruition along the same time frame as our search.

Just to give some contrast:

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 12.11.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 12.11.36 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 12.11.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 12.12.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 12.12.56 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 12.13.17 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 12.13.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 12.14.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 12.14.27 PM.png

There is just no way there is no other civilizations out there in all of this.

Possible, but the possibility we would ever even communicate with life forms billions of light years away? Utterly impossible.

Yes there is probably life elsewhere. In what form is the question.

Furthermore, many solar systems are billions of light years away. That poses a really barrier to any of our civilizations meeting if they do in fact exist. It will depend on their technology, hopefully millions of years older than ours.

How fast would they have to travel? It would have to be at many multiples faster than the speed of light. At such speeds how can a passengers equipment even identify what they are observing (such as life on other planets)? With so many planets already in existence, how do they randomly choose to visit earth?

There are so many variables and we are such a young species relative to the age of even the earth. I doubt our species will survive long enough to meet these other beings. Our bones may just be escavated along with dinosaurs as a long lost civilization on this planet.
The "Big Bang" Was an Eruption From Another Universe. All Is Lava.

The maximum speed in the underlying mother universe (hyperspace) is c², which is a light-year every three minutes. Entrance to that space and exit back into our own universe's space is not an unsolvable problem. It is done all the time in fission and entanglement. So our range of communication is a lot farther than we can ever go in person.

The possibility? The only correct answer is "yes". It doesn't much matter who does and doesn't believe it. But since that IS the topic...

We know life formed at least once in the universe. The idea that it has and will form only and exactly once in the 100 billion to 1 trillion year lifetime of the universe seems laughable.

I'm sure life is abundant, intelligent life would be much rarer but the universe is so vast that it too is abundant. It wouldn't surprise me much if ET is here but staying hidden so they don't interfere with our development.

I guess there is a possibility that some forms of life exist somewhere in other galaxies. Scientists often find planets that they claim are Earth-alike and can contain life. To make a long story short, if somewhere lives an intelligent form of life, we probably will get to know this one day if it`s not intelligent, it will take us much time to invent a spacecraft to travel to these Earth-alike planets.

I think probably such space missions like James Webb Space Telescope the most expensive and the most advanced telescope by NASA or Ariel space telescope and, it has the same purpose as James Webb Space Telescope to search for planets found beyond our solar system, otherwise known as exoplanets or extrasolar planets. I guess such technology will give us a hint at where life can exist and open more exoplanets.
UK Space News | Skyrora

Why is hard to believe that life may only be unique to earth?

The problem we have is that we have been brainwashed by 100 years of Science Fiction so we are all conditioned to think that there must be life elsewhere but the reality is we are the only known life in the universe. We of course don't know everything (not by a long shot) but what we do know now is that we are the only life.

Statistics doesn't produce life. If we only have one data point then it is impossible to make any assumptions about life elsewhere. We need more data points to make any statistical assumption.

If the universe is finite then there will be unique things in it.

We don't know how life came into existence. After decades and decades of serious research we cannot reproduce life in the lab. If all we needed were the Goldilocks Zone and liquid water then every Jr High Science class would be producing life as a class room lab experiment.

There are many complex factors that go into life and for all we know it only happen here. Just because it happen here we tend to think it can be common elsewhere but we really don't know.

This video is worthwhile watching. We could be like the prisoner that by happenstance quickly figures out the lock combination while the other 999999 die.

There are an estimated 30 to 70 billion trillion stars in the universe which means there are at least that many chances that life may have existed or does exist in other parts of the universe.

that makes it probable but we will never know as the distances involved are just too great

Why is hard to believe that life may only be unique to earth?

The problem we have is that we have been brainwashed by 100 years of Science Fiction so we are all conditioned to think that there must be life elsewhere but the reality is we are the only known life in the universe. We of course don't know everything (not by a long shot) but what we do know now is that we are the only life.

Statistics doesn't produce life. If we only have one data point then it is impossible to make any assumptions about life elsewhere. We need more data points to make any statistical assumption.

If the universe is finite then there will be unique things in it.

We don't know how life came into existence. After decades and decades of serious research we cannot reproduce life in the lab. If all we needed were the Goldilocks Zone and liquid water then every Jr High Science class would be producing life as a class room lab experiment.

There are many complex factors that go into life and for all we know it only happen here. Just because it happen here we tend to think it can be common elsewhere but we really don't know.

This video is worthwhile watching. We could be like the prisoner that by happenstance quickly figures out the lock combination while the other 999999 die.

There are an estimated 30 to 70 billion trillion stars in the universe which means there are at least that many chances that life may have existed or does exist in other parts of the universe.

that makes it probable but we will never know as the distances involved are just too great

You can't make assumptions on "chances" with only one data point.

We know about chemistry and we know about biology but we don't know how chemistry turns into biology.

Until be figure that out or actually find life elsewhere then we have nothing.

100 percent sure ..there are tens of thousands of planets in just the MW that have very intelligent life
The distances are so massive it would be like an ant crawling across from earth to the moon on a few broken legs

I am sure we have thousands of planets with just dinosaur like creatures in charge

Maybe many are just oceans with massive fish and sharks

Forum List

Back