Does anyone notice this? (spell check)

Its stoooopid.
On my smartphone, I tried the examples you mentioned in your op and it corrected them correctly, to "be" and to "it". Your spell checker is also predictive, and it learns from the words you use, so it'll be down that.

Also, if it's American, it'll be half screwy anyhow !

I don't do this for a living, not the same thing; if I were getting paid or publishing I would indeed worry about typos, not your opinions. This about spellcheck errors, and I don't use it. I know the difference between 'Marshall law' and 'martial law'.
LOL, I know you don't do this for a living. If you did, you would be starving.

But this thread is about using spell-checkers for non-professionals. And if you had used it, you would have avoided spelling errors on your post that deride spell-checkers!

I could care less if you used one or not... just the irony of it was hilarious. Go in peace.

I hate it when the spellchecker changes something, you change it back to what you want and then it changes it back again. I sometimes have to go back and forth several times before it gives up and let’s me have my way!

LOL, I know you don't do this for a living. If you did, you would be starving.

But this thread is about using spell-checkers for non-professionals. And if you had used it, you would have avoided spelling errors on your post that deride spell-checkers!

I could care less if you used one or not... just the irony of it was hilarious. Go in peace.

Wrong. Some of these 'spell checkers' are obviously coded by unqualified semi-literates. There is a definite difference between the older ones and the newer versions. Like I said, it wasn't about merely catching typos. They are also turning up in books far more often these days as well.

Forum List

Back