Does everyone that posts on this forum have faith in Jesus

Faith is required in religion, but not philosophy. Nor any other scholarly activity. Faith in Jesus is of utmost importance, but unfortunately it isn't required for anything else.

Jesus told us how to have heaven on earth then he was killed and turned into a God that can be made to support all kinds of brutality. Jesus was the basis of my morality but his fan club is a bunch of jerks.

In that case, pray for discernment... :heehee:
I dont believe in prayer much anymore. I believe in learning the right way and looking after my interests. God helps those who help themselves.

Not sure what you mean about ,"the right way", but the quote you referred to comes from ancient Greek, i.e.
The Gods help those who help themselves.

What God says about your interests is pretty much the opposite of not praying much anymore:
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God
^ and doing so comes with a reward:
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.…

So, you don't believe in prayer. Is there anything in the Bible that you do believe in?

Last edited:
I dont believe in prayer much anymore. I believe in learning the right way and looking after my interests. God helps those who help themselves.

Not sure what you mean about ,"the right way", but the quote you referred to comes from ancient Greek, i.e.
The Gods help those who help themselves.

What God says about your interests is pretty much the opposite of not praying much anymore:
Be anxious fornothing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God
^ and doing so comes with a reward:
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.…

So, you don't believe in prayer. Is there anything in the Bible that you do believe in?
It seems like all the bridges for me are being burned by liars. Maybe its in my mind. I will have more time to contemplate should that happen. Who are the authors of those quotes? Its interesting to me how hands on Paul was in the bible. What about David? Do angels pray too or mainly follow commands? Why wouldnt angels pray?
I didnt write that I don't pray or never will again. I have prayed for many gifts. If I had them all Im not sure if I would have many problems. These days I hope and ask questions. I have not always fought a good fight, but I fought for life IMO.
I think if there is a God he didnt hand me what I asked for on a plate because he has faith that I am capable of growth and learning and I will be sufficient.
I believe the right way to learn is to dig deep and face your fears. Possibly all of them that you can. Have you built your house on the rock? Is a rock like a bag of seeds or more like a garden?
I have read of the blessings written in the bible as well. Maybe I have some of them.
I believe in seeking the way, the truth and the life. I believe in avoiding violence. To some degree I believe in the salt of the earth. Maybe God is no repector of persons and the flesh profits you nothing. Who is or was flesh though? Adam, Abraham, Jacob, Judah, David? Without the vessel how can you send a human message like Jesus? I believe that the commandments are an ideal way for us but maybe God values mercy more. I think its a human ideal that God is a person but it makes a lot of sense to me that he would be like one and that Adam was made in his image. I believe a man should take a wife if he wants like Peter did and similarly how Eve was made from and given to Adam. I am not exactly a Jew and I am not exactly a Christian.

The practical application of prayer is to alter the fabric of one's identity. The structure of prayer matters. Giving thanks and giving praise puts one in a thankful state of mind which has been scientifically proven to be one of the key behaviors of reaching a state of happiness. When we are happy two things will happen; dopamine will be released which gives us that happy feeling and all of the learning centers of the brain get turned on.

Lastly and probably most importantly, prayer should not be about what God can do for us. Prayer should be about us asking God what He wants us to do.

Structure of Prayer:
1. Give thanks.
2. Give praise.
3. Ask God what He wants us to do.
4. Listen.

It can be done anytime, but I believe we are most receptive to hearing the Spirit in the early morning when we are less full of ourselves.

Forum List

Back