Do not bear false witness?

Thou shalt have no other gods before me
You shall not covet
Commemorate sabbath
Remember to keep holy the
No graven images

I can't show Trump violated: Thou shalt have no other gods before me
but but but
Trump is selling his own Bible for $60, should that not absolve him of all the commandments he broke?

Not quite by my count.

president Trump broke.
You shall not commit adultery
Thou shalt not kill *
Honor your father and your mother
You shall not steal
Do not bear false witness?

Thou shalt have no other gods before me
You shall not covet
Commemorate sabbath
Remember to keep holy the
No graven images

I can't show Trump violated: Thou shalt have no other gods before me
Hate to break it to you, but you've broken them all too.

You live in a glass house

There is no separation between church and state. There is only a constitutional prohibition for the federal government to interfere with the people's expression/exercise of religious belief/faith. And a constitutional prohibition for any religious group to have any more authority or power than any other citizen group.

There should absolutely be no prohibition of posting the Ten Commandments (or any other historical document) in any classroom. There should also be absolutely no mandate to post such.
I agree but the issue is that the majority of people who support putting the ten commandments in schools would be up in arms other religions were allowed to be expresses as well. It's more about promoting Christianity yo them than it is about anything else, and that blatantly violates the first amendment, just like forcing students to recite the lord's prayer in school did.

Displaying dogmatic material from one religion as part of s public institute but not others is the same as making that religion the de facto state religion.

I agree but the issue is that the majority of people who support putting the ten commandments in schools would be up in arms other religions were allowed to be expresses as well. It's more about promoting Christianity yo them than it is about anything else, and that blatantly violates the first amendment, just like forcing students to recite the lord's prayer in school did.

Displaying dogmatic material from one religion as part of s public institute but not others is the same as making that religion the de facto state religion.
The fact is no other religion other than JudeoChristianity had any significant involvement in the establishment or founding or development of the United States of America so national holidays include Christmas and Easter decorations were once allowed and common in the public schools.

The pushback comes, and it should, when Christianity is not permitted to be acknowledged or part of public life but other religions are.

The Ten Commandments are not Christian but rather Jewish that have been incorporated as example of God's law by Christians as well. And they are symbolic of the JudeoChristian values and concepts that have formed the basis of American law and policy.

So long as Christian are not hindered from free expression of their religious faith and beliefs, I have not personally witnessed any objection to recognition of other religious faiths as well.

There is no separation between church and state. There is only a constitutional prohibition for the federal government to interfere with the people's expression/exercise of religious belief/faith. And a constitutional prohibition for any religious group to have any more authority or power than any other citizen group.

There should absolutely be no prohibition of posting the Ten Commandments (or any other historical document) in any classroom. There should also be absolutely no mandate to post such.
That would be fine except that if you do it for one religion, you MUST do it for all of the major religions.
The Ten Commandments.
The Five Pillars of Islam.
The ten tenets of Shia Islam.
Buddhism's Bodhipakkhiyadhamma.
The core principles of Hinduism.
The four concepts of Shinto.
The ten tenets of Sikhism.
The animist religions of Native Americans.
The beliefs of various folk religions.
The eleven rules in the Satanic Bible.
Post them all up for all students to see and learn about, as they constitute all of the major religions and if you reject any of them being up, you must reject all.

That would be fine except that if you do it for one religion, you MUST do it for all of the major religions.
The Ten Commandments.
Post them all up for all students to see and learn about, as they constitute all of the major religions and if you reject any of them being up, you must reject all.
The Ten Commandments.
The values and principles of JudeoChristianity are the ONLY religious influence involved in the history of the founding of the United States of America. It is those values and principles that have been the basis for our government and the laws we live by. The Ten Commandments are symbolic of that foundation of government and law. All the others you listed had no part in that.

The fact is no other religion other than JudeoChristianity had any significant involvement in the establishment or founding or development of the United States of America so national holidays include Christmas and Easter decorations were once allowed and common in the public schools.

The pushback comes, and it should, when Christianity is not permitted to be acknowledged or part of public life but other religions are.

The Ten Commandments are not Christian but rather Jewish that have been incorporated as example of God's law by Christians as well. And they are symbolic of the JudeoChristian values and concepts that have formed the basis of American law and policy.

So long as Christian are not hindered from free expression of their religious faith and beliefs, I have not personally witnessed any objection to recognition of other religious faiths as well.
The constitution is the only thing that matters and the constitution establishes the US as a secular nation and prohibits the state from establishing a state religion. Whether or not the Founders were Christian does no matter.

The values and principles of JudeoChristianity are the ONLY religious influence involved in the history of the founding of the United States of America. It is those values and principles that have been the basis for our government and the laws we live by. The Ten Commandments are symbolic of that foundation of government and law. All the others you listed had no part in that.
The Iroquois Confederacy was comprised of six Native American tribes and were one of the oldest participatory democracies and was an influence on the drafting of our U.S. Constitution. As such they were a part of the founding of the nation.
As for the others, it doesn't matter, as we live in the 21st century and all of the listed religions are here in the form of our very own citizens who helped make this nation what it is today and all citizens beliefs should be represented, whether arrogant Christians believe it or not.

Forum List

Back