Dream Cars

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
In the recesses of your mind
Cars you always wanted when you were younger........but never could afford.

For me, it was:

1988 Thunderbird
1988_ford_thunderbird_1570069763dff9f98764daIMG_20191002_182541-e1570669664826.jpg

1984 Daytona
2daffb5abfe6eb8cd60cd46f2d9cde2e.jpg

1980 Cadillac Seville
216.jpg

1990 Chrysler Imperial
262290.jpg

1977 Firebird Trans Am
maxresdefault.jpg

For me, it was:

1988 Thunderbird
1988_ford_thunderbird_1570069763dff9f98764daIMG_20191002_182541-e1570669664826.jpg

1984 Daytona

1980 Cadillac Seville
216.jpg

1990 Chrysler Imperial
262290.jpg

1977 Firebird Trans Am
maxresdefault.jpg
I had the Daytona, mine was an "88 Shelby turbo z.

I agree on the trans am, always wanted one, and a "risky business" Porsche 928.

Geez, SOOOO many great cars I forgot about!!!!!

Adding these too.....

2003 Chevy SSR
I wanted one, but when I went to the dealer to try it out, I couldn't fit in it, I was too tall.
3827251319_10fc56b55d_b.jpg

2004 PT Cruiser
I never thought I'd fall in love with a Chrysler, but OMFG!!!
I had a friend who had one and she let me drive it.
I fell in love with it!!
39767.jpg

The 70's..............
I wanted a tricked out van SOOO BAD!!!!
Screen-Shot-2016-04-01-at-4.04.39-PM.png

Custom-1976-Ford-E-Series-Van-Interior-2-630x390.jpg

1978 Z28 Camaro
My sister had this exact one. She was going to let me have it, because
she got tired of it (she's blond). The first day I drove it to work, I was
coming back home and some psycho criminal that just stole a truck
sped through a 4-way stop as I was going thru and T-boned me.
Fucker sped off. Fucking worthless pigs refused to do anything because
he was driving a stolen vehicle!!!!
1978_chevrolet_camaro_158897558476a628c372f001_1978_chevrolet_camaro_15867385875ef66e7dff9f98764dIMG_4265-scaled-1.jpg

Since the Bugatti Veyron was announced, in 2005, I lusted after it, and later, its successor, the Chiron. Of course, there is no way I'd ever be able to afford one, and even if somehow one were to come my way for free, there's no way I'd be able to afford the cost merely of owning and operating it.

More recently, my mother passed away, and now I am looking at a substantial inheritance to come some time after her house sells. Not nearly enough to buy a Bugatti, though, but if I were so inclined, to buy some much less extreme high-performance sporty car, perhaps a Ferrari or a Lamborghini or something on that scale.

An odd thing, though—it's one thing to daydream about exotic sporty cars that one will never be able to afford. It's a very different thing to be in a position where you actually expect to receive enough money to buy such a car, and now you have to think about what will really benefit you. I am still intent on spending a substantial portion of my inheritance on a vehicle that I would otherwise not likely be able to afford, but I intend most of my inheritance to go into some mutual funds or other investments to give my wife and me some longer-term financial security and stability that have evaded us all our lives up until recently.

As for the vehicle to buy, I am, at this point, strongly leaning toward the new reimagined version of the Ford Bronco that is to come out later this year. (Clicking on the picture takes you to a page showing the version and options I currently have selected, though some of this could change before I'm actually in a position to think of buying it.)

1623611403734.png

A simple truth about the sort of car one daydreams about, who has no chance of ever actually owning one is that I'll never be in a position to actually drive it as fast as it can go, to drive it any faster than I could in a much more mundane car; and in the mean time, for the practical needs that I actually have for a vehicle, it would serve these needs much less well than the much more mundane car that I already have (a 2016 Dodge Dart) does. What I really needs is a vehicle that can reliably get me and all my tools to and from the construction sites where I work, and can handle the rough ground at some of these construction sites. It's struck me as kind of ironic that at the point in my life where I find myself often on constructions sites where the terrain is relatively undeveloped and rough, that of all the vehicles that I have ever owned, the car that I now own is the least suitable for rough ground. Ground clearance on the front end of my Dart is so low that it cannot even clear a standard curb.

Since the Bugatti Veyron was announced, in 2005, I lusted after it, and later, its successor, the Chiron. Of course, there is no way I'd ever be able to afford one, and even if somehow one were to come my way for free, there's no way I'd be able to afford the cost merely of owning and operating it.

More recently, my mother passed away, and now I am looking at a substantial inheritance to come some time after her house sells. Not nearly enough to buy a Bugatti, though, but if I were so inclined, to buy some much less extreme high-performance sporty car, perhaps a Ferrari or a Lamborghini or something on that scale.

An odd thing, though—it's one thing to daydream about exotic sporty cars that one will never be able to afford. It's a very different thing to be in a position where you actually expect to receive enough money to buy such a car, and now you have to think about what will really benefit you. I am still intent on spending a substantial portion of my inheritance on a vehicle that I would otherwise not likely be able to afford, but I intend most of my inheritance to go into some mutual funds or other investments to give my wife and me some longer-term financial security and stability that have evaded us all our lives up until recently.

As for the vehicle to buy, I am, at this point, strongly leaning toward the new reimagined version of the Ford Bronco that is to come out later this year. (Clicking on the picture takes you to a page showing the version and options I currently have selected, though some of this could change before I'm actually in a position to think of buying it.)

A simple truth about the sort of car one daydreams about, who has no chance of ever actually owning one is that I'll never be in a position to actually drive it as fast as it can go, to drive it any faster than I could in a much more mundane car; and in the mean time, for the practical needs that I actually have for a vehicle, it would serve these needs much less well than the much more mundane car that I already have (a 2016 Dodge Dart) does. What I really needs is a vehicle that can reliably get me and all my tools to and from the construction sites where I work, and can handle the rough ground at some of these construction sites. It's struck me as kind of ironic that at the point in my life where I find myself often on constructions sites where the terrain is relatively undeveloped and rough, that of all the vehicles that I have ever owned, the car that I now own is the least suitable for rough ground. Ground clearance on the front end of my Dart is so low that it cannot even clear a standard curb.
I bought a new vehicle (Explorer) in 18. If I was looking today, I don't know that I would buy an internal combustion car--the one that I would prefer. With all of the green new deal shit that is happening, I don't know how long the mfrs. are going to be producing gas/diesel motors. The EVs are not there as far as battery tech goes yet. I don't know if electric will EVER replace my F250 Power Stroke 4 X 4.

For me, it was:

1988 Thunderbird

1984 Daytona

1980 Cadillac Seville
216.jpg

1990 Chrysler Imperial
262290.jpg

1977 Firebird Trans Am
maxresdefault.jpg
Be glad you missed out on the Seville...had an 83... The 4100 series engine was a piece o' crap.

Dad had a 79 6.6 liter TA with t-tops and I (much later) had a 78 Firebird Esprit plain jane hardtop with the same engine trans combo. Damnit but that car was bad ass. Only con... The doors were so long and heavy... They invariably sagged almost immediately.

Last edited:

Sorry to hear about your Mom, Bob, but speaking of the Veyron/Chiron, I think a set of tires for the car alone are something like $26,000. And run on the car at top speed (if you have a place to safely go that fast), they are worn out in like 100 miles. Or 30. :SMILEW~130:

But hey, Veyron, schmeyron, get the Centodieci! :smile: Ten made at $9 million dollars each!

Bugatti-Centodieci.jpg

1623616365410.png

I don't know that I would buy an internal combustion car--the one that I would prefer. With all of the green new deal shit that is happening, I don't know how long the mfrs. are going to be producing gas/diesel motors. The EVs are not there as far as battery tech goes yet. I don't know if electric will EVER replace my F250 Power Stroke 4 X 4.

Electric vehicle technology is still a long way off from where it'd be practical for my needs. I think eventually, it will get there, then internal-combustion-engine vehicles will very quickly become obsolete. I think there's about an even chance that I'll even live to see that point. Before I'd even think of an electric vehicle, we need to get to where the range is comparable to ICE vehicles, and where they can be recharged as quickly as pumping gasoline into an ICE vehicle; and where the infrastructure exists to support them as commonly as gasoline stations now support ICE vehicles. Also, the batteries needs to last longer, and not cost as much as an ICE car just to replace when they do wear out.

Hybrid vehicles are much closer to practical than pure electrics, but even with them, the battery is a huge weakness.

Sorry to hear about your Mom, Bob, but speaking of the Veyron/Chiron, I think a set of tires for the car alone are something like $26,000. And run on the car at top speed (if you have a place to safely go that fast), they are worn out in like 100 miles. Or 30. :SMILEW~130:

But hey, Veyron, schmeyron, get the Centodieci! :smile: Ten made at $9 million dollars each!

I'd heard something on the order of $30,000 for a set of tires for a Bugatti.

I'd also heard the claim that if you could run it for fifteen minutes at top speed, the tires would fail, but that isn't a problem because at top speed, it'll run out of fuel in twelve minutes.

Gets you about fifty miles.

So, if you want to cover up to fifty miles as fast as possible, the Bugatti is the car to do it.

That's some times led me to wonder what cars might be better, for covering larger distances as fast as possible. The Bugatti is kind of like a cheetah. The cheetah can run faster than any other animal on Earth, but it cannot do it for very long or very far.

Another dream car of mine is a hypothetical reincarnation of my first car, a 1969 Falcon station wagon.

A fantasy of mine has been to somehow compel Ford to dig up the blueprints to this car, and build me a brand new instance, with some minor modernizations, but mostly true to the original.

Falcon_Bokeh.jpg

It was a hand-me-down from my parents, well past its prime when they gave it to me. I was about six years old when they bought it. After much shopping around, they ended up buying its successor, a 1988 Tempo, from the same dealership that sold them the Falcon, and the salesperson that sold them the Falcon still worked there (now, as a manager) remembered them, and the six-year-old kid they had in tow at the time.

It broke down all the time, but I got very good at fixing it and being on my way again. No better way for a young man to learn how cars work, how they break, and how to fix them, than by having a car of this vintage, worn enough to need that much effort to keep it going.

Alas, this picture was taken just before we hauled it to the junkyard. It had finally broken down for the last time, and months had gone by with me trying in vain to revive it. “You wouldn't cry that much over me!” my wife said. I guess there are some things that women just don't get.

I'd heard something on the order of $30,000 for a set of tires for a Bugatti.
Prices must have gone up.

I'd also heard the claim that if you could run it for fifteen minutes at top speed, the tires would fail, but that isn't a problem because at top speed, it'll run out of fuel in twelve minutes.
That sounds about right.

So, if you want to cover up to fifty miles as fast as possible, the Bugatti is the car to do it.
That's as good a reason as any to get a Veyron. :SMILEW~130:

That's some times led me to wonder what cars might be better, for covering larger distances as fast as possible. The Bugatti is kind of like a cheetah. The cheetah can run faster than any other animal on Earth, but it cannot do it for very long or very far.
If you slow down just a little bit, it'll go a lot farther.

2014-Bugatti-Veyron-2.jpg

image_aab71c193994ae9bcae947b2ff5d4ff599a61f7b.png

Okay, if we're going European here...........I love Lambo's!!!!

This is my fav so far.
I think this should have been the next Batmobile!!!
Lamborghini Veneno
lamborghini-veneno-photos-and-info-news-car-and-driver-photo-503364-s-original.jpg

Bugatti Chiron Sport
se-image-4f750982624e527a8b1003408e4febcf.jpg

1989 Lambo Countach
Lamborghini-Countach-25th-Anniversary-Countach-Red-47-of-60_preview-970x647.jpeg

Although even I had the money for such high end power engines.....
I would NEVER be able to drive any of them.

I'm too tall. No way I can fit in these tiny cars!!!

Forum List

Back