Drink Recommendations...

Anathema

Crotchety Olde Man
Apr 30, 2014
The Olden Days
Many of you know that I’m pretty much a total non-drinker (alcohol). Recently my therapist and MD both suggested that I might benefit from a drink or two a couple times a week to reduce my stress levels. I’ve also got a quartet of weddings coming up this fall where drinking will not be optional.

So, I’m hoping the USMB community can help me find some things to fill these two needs:

Quick, easy evening/weekend drinks that will take the edge off without giving me much of a buzz.

Social drinks that I can nurse over a longer period of time without looking stupid or can have several of without getting much of a buzz.

I tend to prefer things that are sweet over sour, bitter or tangy flavorings. Any recommend at for either setting.

Many of you know that I’m pretty much a total non-drinker (alcohol). Recently my therapist and MD both suggested that I might benefit from a drink or two a couple times a week to reduce my stress levels. I’ve also got a quartet of weddings coming up this fall where drinking will not be optional.

So, I’m hoping the USMB community can help me find some things to fill these two needs:

Quick, easy evening/weekend drinks that will take the edge off without giving me much of a buzz.

Social drinks that I can nurse over a longer period of time without looking stupid or can have several of without getting much of a buzz.

I tend to prefer things that are sweet over sour, bitter or tangy flavorings. Any recommend at for either setting.

This is an easy drink to prepare, and is just a little tangy, but sweet.

Sidecar https://g.co/kgs/9tvwiX

My grandfather is a fan of rose wines.

Why would you attend an event where drinking was not optional? They're getting married, not pledging a frat.

7-7 is all around good drink at weddings followed by a Screwdriver. Easy to make and drink.

Maybe you see a therapist because you don't drink............juss sayin....lol

And at least once in your life you have to Boogie to ya puke.............Try it at a wedding coming up

Why not a nice red wine?....
But if you like mixed drinks try this one....

And for your lady, I've always ordered them this!!!!......Give them 2 or 3 and you'll see why it is called that.

Why would you attend an event where drinking was not optional? They're getting married, not pledging a frat
Family members of my wife. I’m not getting an option. Thankfully they’re all having the reception AT the hotel we’ll be staying at.

Grapeshot, concord grape juice mixed with vodka.

Why would you attend an event where drinking was not optional? They're getting married, not pledging a frat
Family members of my wife. I’m not getting an option. Thankfully they’re all having the reception AT the hotel we’ll be staying at.
Your wife shouldn't ask you to attend something like that, or if she did she should explain you aren't a drinker not her relatives.

Stick with wines as you can know what you are getting. The fruity cocktails are totally unpredictable if you haven't developed a taste for booze. You can get totally bombed before you realize it as with some of them, you don't realize they have much booze. If your are a neophyte and you go with the fruity, tangy drinks, don't eat the fruit unless you like colorful interesting vomit.

Last edited:
Wine and they are so many different types. Just don't use a brown paper bag. Then again you may be the life of the party without taking a sip.

Last edited:
Your wife shouldn't ask you to attend something like that, or if she did she should explain you aren't a drinker not her relatives.
Are you Dear Abby or sumptin?

Your wife shouldn't ask you to attend something like that, or if she did she should explain you aren't a drinker not her relatives
She doesn’t really want to go either. My in laws are dragging us along with them. We didn’t even expect to get invited. As for the alcohol, I’ve been told it’s a machismo and family honor thing. That’s why I’m looking for things I can drag out over an hour or two.

Forum List

Back