Drive-Through Dispute Between Customer and Worker

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I do believe that they're both at fault here but the worker started all of this. The customer just reacted before she could.

I do believe that they're both at fault here but the worker started all of this. The customer just reacted before she could.

Interesting. I have a few comments.

1. Didn't the guy know when he ordered, how much it was going to cost? And, if part of the experience is seeing women wait on them in bikinis, isn't that justification for the higher price?

2. I had to laugh though when she said she was trying to de-escalate the situation. Is saying, "I'm going to throw these drinks at you de-escalating the situation? By the way, why wasn't she wearing her bikini with this customer?

3. He could probably be arrested for assault for throwing the drinks at her (if they hit her) but I don't believe she could technically be arrested for assault for hitting his car with a hammer. But, she should certainly be liable for damage to his car. It was not an appropriate response from her, especially when she claimed she wanted to de-escalate the situation.

4. They are both at fault for various things. If she was an employee she should be fired but, apparently, she was the owner of the place. I'm not a coffee drinker but I'm not opposed to giving my business to a place where the women are wearing bikinis, but she's no babe (or even close) and I'm certainly not going to give my business to a place who attacks customers with a hammer, the owner of the place, nonetheless.

Interesting. I have a few comments.

1. Didn't the guy know when he ordered, how much it was going to cost? And, if part of the experience is seeing women wait on them in bikinis, isn't that justification for the higher price?

2. I had to laugh though when she said she was trying to de-escalate the situation. Is saying, "I'm going to throw these drinks at you de-escalating the situation? By the way, why wasn't she wearing her bikini with this customer?

3. He could probably be arrested for assault for throwing the drinks at her (if they hit her) but I don't believe she could technically be arrested for assault for hitting his car with a hammer. But, she should certainly be liable for damage to his car. It was not an appropriate response from her, especially when she claimed she wanted to de-escalate the situation.

4. They are both at fault for various things. If she was an employee she should be fired but, apparently, she was the owner of the place. I'm not a coffee drinker but I'm not opposed to giving my business to a place where the women are wearing bikinis, but she's no babe (or even close) and I'm certainly not going to give my business to a place who attacks customers with a hammer, the owner of the place, nonetheless.

1. You would think.
2. I know right? LOL
3. Why couldn't she be arrested?

Amen. Both behaved abominably and there is no justification for the behavior of either.

If I'm going through a drive through I ask what my bill will be before I get to the pay window. If that bill is unacceptable to me or I can't afford it I cancel the order and drive on. I have no right (or inclination) to commit vandalism or assault the employees of whatever establishment. But any employee of ANY establishment who damages my windshield with a hammer should expect a quick lawsuit with punitive damages for my inconvenience.

I do wonder whether this particular video was staged though. Who was filming it? And what establishment open to the public allows their employees to work topless or in a bikini? Even Hooters and Playboy clubs have higher standards than that.

To me, the guy should've known how much the requested items were going to be, but what that girl is guilty of is vandalism and what she did was way more severe compared to how far that man went. If anything, I'm surprised that the man didn't break any window that her workplace may have had in return.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back