Eddie Izzard to run for Mayor of London, 2020

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
I don't know why not 2016 but YAY! The man is brilliant, effing brilliant.

Eddie Izzard confirms he WILL be London Mayor candidate for Labour in 2020 - Mirror Online

I find this a bit ironic, because ever since he was very young, he wanted to be an actor. Then he did stand-up for a decade or so, somewhere during which he because more and more politically-inclined, while simultaneously becoming less convinced that there is a God.

All of that having ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with his announcement.

Stand-up comedian Eddie Izzard has confirmed that he will run for London Mayor in 2020.

He has previously suggested that he would like to give up comedy for politics.

It was revealed last year that Mr Izzard was Labour leader Ed Miliband's top choice.

But today Mr Izzard told the Labour List rally at the party conference in Brighton that he would go for the nomination ahead of the 2020 race.

His remarks were greeted with cheers.

However, he will face questions over why he has no plans to go for the mayoralty in 2016.

He is awesome. I love when he gets all dressed up as a woman and does his standup. His material and routine is brilliant indeed.

He is awesome. I love when he gets all dressed up as a woman and does his standup. His material and routine is brilliant indeed.

Dress to Kill is the best, that's the one that won the HBO award, but that was 14 years ago. I'm not sure he even performs in drag anymore.

He has a tour going on right now, MAN! I'd kill for tickets.

Political talk ahead.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4fc2jdCDe8]Eddie Izzard on Andrew Marr's Show - Talkin' Politics - YouTube[/ame]

I like Eddie. His stand up and his acting. Check out Shadow of the Vampire.

Hey! Somebody actually put up the entire show.

For those who don't have Netflix.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izL3m0eqezc]Dressed to Kill - YouTube[/ame]

Eddie Izzard confirms he WILL be London Mayor candidate for Labour in 2020 - Mirror Online

I find this a bit ironic, because ever since he was very young, he wanted to be an actor. Then he did stand-up for a decade or so, somewhere during which he because more and more politically-inclined, while simultaneously becoming less convinced that there is a God.

Stand-up comedian Eddie Izzard has confirmed that he will run for London Mayor in 2020.

It was revealed last year that Mr Izzard was Labour leader Ed Miliband's top choice.

But today Mr Izzard told the Labour List rally at the party conference in Brighton that he would go for the nomination ahead of the 2020 race.

However, he will face questions over why he has no plans to go for the mayoralty in 2016.

who knows if eddie be good mayor. found him funny in comedy but does not mean he make a good mayor. we have to wait and see on that one

He is a great actor.
Valkyrie comes to mind.

Great!!!! Loved his Flag skit.

Again funny guy but whether he prove to be a good politican is a another matter. We just have to wait and see

Again funny guy but whether he prove to be a good politican is a another matter. We just have to wait and see

He has to win the election first.
Unlikely that he will defeat Boris.

Forum List

Back