Enough to Give You Ophidiophobia (Fear of Snakes)

james bond

Gold Member
Oct 17, 2015
I didn't believe the title.

"
Woman Swallowed By Python As She Checked On Her Cornfield

The Editors
Sun, April 25, 2021, 3:00 AM

Photo credit: Getty Images

• A woman in Indonesia was swallowed whole by a python as she checked on her cornfields last week.
  • According to The Washington Post, citing the Jakarta Post, the woman's name was Wa Tiba, and lived on Muna Island off the coast of Sulawesi.
  • 100 villagers from Persiapan Lawela searched the area and found a 23 foot-long snake with a very swollen belly. The villagers killed the snake, cut it open, and found Wa inside.
A woman in Indonesia was swallowed whole by a python as she checked on her cornfields last week. According to The Washington Post, citing the Jakarta Post, the woman's name was Wa Tiba and lived on Muna Island off the coast of Sulawesi. She left her home Thursday night to visit her cornfield about a half mile from her home.
Reticulated pythons are common in the area, but it was actually wild boars that Wa had been worried about initially because they'd be destroying her crops, according to the Jakarta Post's report.

When Wa didn't return, her sister went out to find her and found Wa's footprints, flashlight, slippers, and machete. On Friday, 100 villagers from Persiapan Lawela searched the area and found a 23 foot-long snake with a very swollen belly. The villagers killed the snake, cut it open, and found Wa inside intact. She probably didn't die inside the snake: A reticulated python secures its prey with a bite, then wraps its body around the victim, squeezing down until the victim cannot breathe, before consuming,"

I got wrapped by a big boa(8-9 feet) one afternoon....because I'm an idiot and grabbled the thing. I had my knife. He lost.

First internet search of the day...

Just in case...

"

The Editors

• A woman in Indonesia was swallowed whole by a python as she checked on her cornfields last week.
  • According to The Washington Post, citing the Jakarta Post, the woman's name was Wa Tiba, and lived on Muna Island off the coast of Sulawesi.
  • 100 villagers from Persiapan Lawela searched the area and found a 23 foot-long snake with a very swollen belly. The villagers killed the snake, cut it open, and found Wa inside.
A woman in Indonesia was swallowed whole by a python as she checked on her cornfields last week. According to The Washington Post, citing the Jakarta Post, the woman's name was Wa Tiba and lived on Muna Island off the coast of Sulawesi. She left her home Thursday night to visit her cornfield about a half mile from her home.
Reticulated pythons are common in the area, but it was actually wild boars that Wa had been worried about initially because they'd be destroying her crops, according to the Jakarta Post's report.

When Wa didn't return, her sister went out to find her and found Wa's footprints, flashlight, slippers, and machete. On Friday, 100 villagers from Persiapan Lawela searched the area and found a 23 foot-long snake with a very swollen belly. The villagers killed the snake, cut it open, and found Wa inside intact. She probably didn't die inside the snake: A reticulated python secures its prey with a bite, then wraps its body around the victim, squeezing down until the victim cannot breathe, before consuming,"
When I was a young man I would hunt rattle snakes. 6ft long skin at the time brought me about 25 bucks. The rattle brought me about 10 bucks. Kept me in baseball cards, cinimin jaw breakers, and movies to my hearts content. Tarantulas were the easy money though. Dollar to three dollars per. Cigar box and a peice of cardboard to flick em in the cigar box. Could make some quick money. I would go to Tarantula hill when ever I got detention why walking home from school. Make some quick bucks grab an orange Julius and a cinimin jaw breaker at the mall. Ah good times.

"

The Editors

Holy SHIT!!!

Well, that settles it for me. No way I want to work in a cornfield.
Snakes around here tend to go on the prowl in the evening. I try to get the dogs in before sunset to avoid a 50 mile trip to the nearest after 5 veterinarian and a $1500 fee for saving the dog's life. They're worth it, but I can't stand the horrific pain they're going through from an ugly bite by a water moccasin that causes tremors and even death if you dawdle getting your normally happy hound to a night vet's hospital. :(

Forum List

Back