Eric Carle, beloved children's author whose classic "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" gave millions of kids their most cherished book memories, dead at 91

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
E2WYrbGXEAI7ZQ1

i am the same as President Bush!

E2WYrbGXEAI7ZQ1

i am the same as President Bush!

Well that sucks. My youngest daughter loved that book. I am getting ready to sell the home my children grew up in. All that is left to do before listing is hang cabinet doors and cut in sink on new granite. I was going through boxes on Sunday and ran across that book. I called her and told her I found it she was over immediately to get it.

• Banned
NPR reports he sold 50 million books:

"According to a family statement, Eric Carle "passed away peacefully and surrounded by family members on May 23, 2021 at his summer studio in Northampton, Massachusetts." He was 91 years old.

Eric Carle's picture books were often about insects. Spiders, lady bugs, crickets and of course, that famous caterpillar, all as colorful and friendly as Carle himself. The Very Hungry Caterpillar — probably Carle's best-known work — came out in 1969 and became one of the bestselling children's books of all time.

According to his publisher, Carl survived a childhood in Germany
during World War Two. He grew up to found a museum celebrating picture books in Massachusetts, and he said he wanted his to be a place where learning and playing are the same"

Forum List

Back