Escape of the doomed

Ringo

Gold Member
Jun 14, 2021
Over there
A scene from the 1971 soviet 5-part TV movie “His Excellency's Adjutant”.

1919. White officers and Red army commanders were taken hostage by bandits during the Civil war in Russia. They have to work together to escape from certain death. One of the white officers is a Red scout sent to infiltrate the White army under the guise of an officer, but his mission started unsuccessfully, the train where he was traveling, was attacked by a gang and now everything depends on determination and a lucky chance...

YouTube didn't allow me to post it for proprietary reasons, so I reshot it from the TV screen and put it on the internet in a video hosting service. Subtitles provided:

A scene from the 1971 soviet 5-part TV movie “His Excellency's Adjutant”.

1919. White officers and Red army commanders were taken hostage by bandits during the Civil war in Russia. They have to work together to escape from certain death. One of the white officers is a Red scout sent to infiltrate the White army under the guise of an officer, but his mission started unsuccessfully, the train where he was traveling, was attacked by a gang and now everything depends on determination and a lucky chance...

YouTube didn't allow me to post it for proprietary reasons, so I reshot it from the TV screen and put it on the internet in a video hosting service. Subtitles provided:
/---/ As a published author, photographer, and artist, your disregard of copyright laws are criminal and despicable.

1919 was a terrible year all across Russia.....Roving bands of bandits everywhere, sectional warlords, the whole gambit.

It's also why Mosin rifles from 1919 are so rare as production was in fits and starts at all the factories.

I have an Izhevsk 1919 M91 Dragoon with White Russian markings. The factory was run by the White Russians for about three months and when the Reds arrived the White Russians took the factory workers with them and production was ended till sometime in 1920.

Forum List

Back