Essential "Fact" about the Biden $1.9T Cluster-Cluck

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
Many rational people have been "puzzled" about why there is so much bullshit in the $1.9T cluster-fuck bill...so much stuff that has nothing to do with the Cajuna Virus or its related shutdowns. Count me among them

But I was reminded a little while ago that this "reconciliation" bullshit can ONLY BE USED ONCE PER TERM. That is to say, for every piece of Leftist bullshit legislation from now until September 30th, there will have to be bi-partisan support, at least in the Senate, because every OTHER bill will be subject to the dreaded FILIBUSTER. Hence, at least 60 votes in the Senate would be required to pass any bill.

Now this presumes that Senator Manchin is as good as his word; he SAYS very emphatically, that he will NEVER vote to eliminate the filibuster. Who knows what sort of pressure Schumer will put on Manchin, but for now, the filibuster remains, and 60 votes would be required for every bill going forward until the end of the Federal fiscal year (9/30/2021).

Parenthetically, I just listened to Joe Biden's "victory lap" about passage of the bill in the House. In five minutes I heard at least ten blatant lies that would have been front page news had they been uttered by 45.

The funniest was this: This bill will provide for the hiring of an army of "vaccinators," thus helping the employment situation.

Can you even imagine the stupidity of that remark? Employment opportunity: "Vaccinator" Duration: 30 days. BUT THEN, you are eligible for two years of unemployment compensation, PLUS the $300/wk that this bill provides!

What a country!!!!!

And so it goes.

Many rational people have been "puzzled" about why there is so much bullshit in the $1.9T cluster-fuck bill...so much stuff that has nothing to do with the Cajuna Virus or its related shutdowns. Count me among them

But I was reminded a little while ago that this "reconciliation" bullshit can ONLY BE USED ONCE PER TERM. That is to say, for every piece of Leftist bullshit legislation from now until September 30th, there will have to be bi-partisan support, at least in the Senate, because every OTHER bill will be subject to the dreaded FILIBUSTER. Hence, at least 60 votes in the Senate would be required to pass any bill.

Now this presumes that Senator Manchin is as good as his word; he SAYS very emphatically, that he will NEVER vote to eliminate the filibuster. Who knows what sort of pressure Schumer will put on Manchin, but for now, the filibuster remains, and 60 votes would be required for every bill going forward until the end of the Federal fiscal year (9/30/2021).

Parenthetically, I just listened to Joe Biden's "victory lap" about passage of the bill in the House. In five minutes I heard at least ten blatant lies that would have been front page news had they been uttered by 45.

The funniest was this: This bill will provide for the hiring of an army of "vaccinators," thus helping the employment situation.

Can you even imagine the stupidity of that remark? Employment opportunity: "Vaccinator" Duration: 30 days. BUT THEN, you are eligible for two years of unemployment compensation, PLUS the $300/wk that this bill provides!

What a country!!!!!

And so it goes.
What the hell are you babbling about?
This is a solid bill and the working class will benefit. Take your head out of the sand.

Stimulus Package: What's in Joe Biden's 'American Rescue ...

www.wsj.com › articles › stimulus-package-biden-covid-1...

Feb 26, 2021 — How big are the stimulus checks? The package includes a third round of economic impact payments to individuals. The current House legislation ...
I read this article and it covers a lot of necessary stuff. What is stupid about an army of vaccinators to rev up the covid program? Sounds reasonable, yes?
You were whining and meowing about the loss of jobs relative to the Alaska Pipeline (all temporary short-term jobs that did nothing for our country) and yet you diss the idea of the rail line in California (it ain't happening). It would have
created jobs if nothing else, yes? That is what you want---jobs for the sake of jobs. You are two-faced.
Infrastructure repair is on the horizon and will create lots of jobs that will benefit our country.

What a country!!!!!

And so it goes.
I wish I was eligible for the unemployment.

But I was reminded a little while ago that this "reconciliation" bullshit can ONLY BE USED ONCE PER TERM. That is to say, for every piece of Leftist bullshit legislation from now until September 30th, there will have to be bi-partisan support, at least in the Senate, because every OTHER bill will be subject to the dreaded FILIBUSTER. Hence, at least 60 votes in the Senate would be required to pass any bill. -DG42

Survey says: You are correct. Nothing will pass this year due to the GOP Filibuster other than this reconciliation bill. I completely agree with a conservative for once on this board.

HOWEVER...

That, uh, was kind of the point in filling it full of awesome things so that the GOP could not stop us. Have a good day!

Forum List

Back