Ex-Chicago alderman sentenced to prison for tax evasion

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
CHICAGO — A former Chicago alderman nicknamed “Fast Eddie” for his backroom dealing was sentenced Friday by a federal judge to 18 months in prison for tax evasion.

Edward R. Vrdolyak pleaded guilty two years ago to seeking to help another lawyer to evade paying about $800,000 in income taxes. The scheme was part of a plan to siphon off millions of dollars in legal fees stemming from a $9 billion tobacco settlement with the state of Illinois even though he did no legal work on the case.

After sentencing Vrdolyak, U.S. District Judge Robert Dow said he will hold a hearing in three months to discuss when the 82-year-old Vrydolyak will report to prison.

“I am not going to send Mr. Vrdolyak to prison during COVID,” the judge said.

It took a long time to catch up to Fast Eddie. I guess slow and steady wins the race after all.

I wonder if Donald Trump and his three adult children and one in-law follow in "Fast Eddies" foot steps.
Rye trolling or off topic. Disregard

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if Donald Trump and his three adult children and one in-law follow in "Fast Eddies" foot steps.
Not relative to the topic. Take it somewhere that it is or start your own thread.

Of course it is, tax evasion is tax evasion and why would dumb Donald be so adamant as to keep his tax records secret. Why would Trump seek to pardon his adult kids and son-in-law (and, maybe himself) if there was/is not something corrupt and illegal?

Rye trolling or off topic, disregard

Last edited by a moderator:
CHICAGO — A former Chicago alderman nicknamed “Fast Eddie” for his backroom dealing was sentenced Friday by a federal judge to 18 months in prison for tax evasion.

Edward R. Vrdolyak pleaded guilty two years ago to seeking to help another lawyer to evade paying about $800,000 in income taxes. The scheme was part of a plan to siphon off millions of dollars in legal fees stemming from a $9 billion tobacco settlement with the state of Illinois even though he did no legal work on the case.

After sentencing Vrdolyak, U.S. District Judge Robert Dow said he will hold a hearing in three months to discuss when the 82-year-old Vrydolyak will report to prison.

It took a long time to catch up to Fast Eddie. I guess slow and steady wins the race after all.
I wish there were more judges willing to stand up for the letter of the law, and apply it evenly
for all.

Last edited:

I wish there was more judges willing to stand up for the letter of the law, and apply it evenly
with for all.
I agree. I think it's fantastic that alderman are not even questioned until years after the fact. He has already been to prison once.

Not relative to the topic. Take it somewhere that it is or start your own thread.
Spooge Catcher is a major league douchebag. He's the first one to piss and moan when someone trolls one of his cut/paste parroted TDS threads.

Pretty much everything that malignant parasite posts can be dismissed as a jabbering retard's babbling.

New Topics

Forum List

Back