Ex-Louisiana deacon whose son was sexually abused by a priest is excommunicated from church

This is the "sue the gun manufacturer" style lawfare.

The abuser is the guilty party...not the church.

Sue the abuser... I'm all for it.

Also, seven years in prison wasn't long enough in my opinion.

One of the tenets of Christianity is forgiveness.

Not taking action. It sounds from the article that the abuser confessed absent any accusation. Do you believe the Church had no part it that?

He was also removed and convicted of sexual assault of a minor.

"Creating an environment for a perv to thrive"? How specifically is the Church doing that?
That CANNOT be a serious post.
Neither the victim nor his family suffered any financial loss. When something costs you nothing but you get paid, that is a profit.

And why, exactly, should the parishioners pay this judgment? What, exactly, did they do wrong? Most rational people acknowledge that when a pedophile joins a religious community he takes great pains to conceal his intentions and his acts, in the event.

What sort of fucked-up logic and pathetic vindictiveness leads you TT to the conclusion that the Faithful should pay this judgment?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Because the church actively covered for the pedos for DECADES. The entire organization should have been shut down as a criminal enterprise.

Dear me. Nothing actually happened to the perv priest. In fact the diocese threw a farewell dinner for him before he left for jail.

Yet they throw out Godly men who have the nerve to complain when a priest fucks their son.

I know that my fellow USMB posters share my concerns for child welfare. Do you agree with me that this organisation should be shut down in the public interest ?
They are nothing more than a pedophile protection organization. Next thing you know they'll be promoting bestiality.

Never met a person that could write but couldn't read. I wrote in my first post seven years in prison wasn't long enough.
You lose your shit over story hour but look the other way as priests fuck eveery child in the state.
What the fuck is wrong with you ?

That CANNOT be a serious post.
Feel free to post on what parts you believe are in error.

Because the church actively covered for the pedos for DECADES. The entire organization should have been shut down as a criminal enterprise.
And in THOSE cases...where that was proven...the Catholic Church WAS found liable.

Do you have any evidence that was the case here? If so, present it...I'll wait.

Lost in the complicated argument is the fact that boys are molested by homosexual men who are authority figures at a higher rate than we ever thought. I bet there is much more to the story than the "casual" friendship between a Catholic Deacon and a gay Priest.

Lost in the complicated argument is the fact that boys are molested by homosexual men who are authority figures at a higher rate than we ever thought. I bet there is much more to the story than the "casual" friendship between a Catholic Deacon and a gay Priest.
No.Its about the church protecting pervs.

Many notable posters are silent on this thread. Protecting kids from sme types of pervs is not a problem for some of them.

Where is the book banning contingent and the brave opponents of drag shows ?

I would have thought that we could all condemn this behaviour..

Maybe not.

No.Its about the church protecting pervs.
Society protects pervs. That's why young girls are terrorized in their locker rooms and showers by confused boys in dresses and drag queens get away with grooming kindergarten kids. The left never forgave Boy Scouts hen they won the right to discriminate against homosexual leaders. The Catholic Church doesn't molest boys, homosexual predators disguised as priests do.

I have to commend the Guardian for once because all of the relevant information was provided; you just have to read closely.

So the priest in question indeed molested the kid, an altar boy. He was convicted and went to prison for seven years. The family elected not to seek civil damages during the time when such a suit was possible.

To be vulgar for a moment and speak of money, the abuser was and remains impecunious, so he is what lawyers refer to as "judgment proof." He, the abuser, was totally to blame for the atrocity that was visited on the kid. Nobody else.

But the State Legislature, in a bid to buy votes, created a law that removed the time limit for abuse cases, thus making it possible for victims and their families to PROFIT FROM the long-ago abuse. Not only are they able to profit from the abuse, but the profits come, not from the person or persons responsible, but in this case from the Faithful Catholics who had nothing to do with it, and who were undoubtedly as appalled as the victim's families were. This happy result comes out of the evil legal principle of "vicarious liability," by which victims can forego suing the actual perpetrators and find someone with the money to pay a judgment, regardless of whether they were actually culpable. Nice, eh?

It appears that the ex-Deacon/father was excommunicated for availing himself of that perverse law to profit from his son's victimization, at the expense of "The Church" (that is, the butts in the pews).

I feel certain that there is more to it that didn't make "the papers," but one can gain sufficient information from this report. I'm a little surprised at the public excommunication, but I can't blame the Bishop at all. It is as if the dad stole the money from the Poor Box at church, eh? Money is fungible.
The raper was employed by the diocese and are therefore legally liable for his torts that were committed during work.

Society protects pervs. That's why young girls are terrorized in their locker rooms and showers by confused boys in dresses and drag queens get away with grooming kindergarten kids. The left never forgave Boy Scouts hen they won the right to discriminate against homosexual leaders. The Catholic Church doesn't molest boys, homosexual predators disguised as priests do.
Yet more girls are raped and molested outside the school locker room by men not acting as females, but as close friends and relatives.

Dear me. Nothing actually happened to the perv priest. In fact the diocese threw a farewell dinner for him before he left for jail.

Yet they throw out Godly men who have the nerve to complain when a priest fucks their son.

I know that my fellow USMB posters share my concerns for child welfare. Do you agree with me that this organisation should be shut down in the public interest ?

What's about your mosques and child molesting committed by imams?
I'd never hear your condemnations

Why do you deflect for pervs ? What interest do you have in helping people who molest kids ?

Yet more girls are raped and molested outside the school locker room by men not acting as females, but as close friends and relatives.
Most youngsters are molested by people they know. Family and family friends. The perv in the bushes is a nutty right wing construct.
But there are a lot of enablers who are running cover for the church and its employees.

I believe convicted pedophiles should have their junk surgically removed and then set on fire.

Your fake concern has nothing to do with child welfare and everything to do with your well known hatred of Christianity. When you loons show the same amount of "concern" for medically trying to altering the biological sex of a child then I might listen.

Forum List

Back