CDZ Exclusive: Florida Gov. DeSantis Says Lockdowns Were a ‘Huge Mistake’

He's angling for the GOP nomination in 2024, which requires saying the most reality-defying things possible.
Actually he's being honest....not like mind-numb zombies on the left.
Ask yourself why we can't have Trump rallies and church services....but you folks can stage protests all over the country....which turn into violent riots.
Why is it that in almost every case....some BLM members from another part of the country show up to start those protests which always turn violent?
Why do Democrats refuse to charge those members with crimes including not socially-distancing themselves?

Exclusive: Florida Gov. DeSantis Says Lockdowns Were a ‘Huge Mistake

CaptainObvious.png

A poster in another site posted about the following article, think it's well worth a look...
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis issued a statewide stay-at-home order on April 1 last year, locking down the Sunshine State for 30 days amid global panic about the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus outbreak. Sitting in his office exactly one year later, he told The Epoch Times that the lockdowns were a “huge mistake,” including in his own state.

“We wanted to mitigate the damage. Now, in hindsight, the 15 days to slow the spread and the 30—it didn’t work,” DeSantis said. “We shouldn’t have gone down that road.”

Florida’s lockdown order was notably less strict than some of the stay-at-home measures imposed in other states. Recreational activities like walking, biking, playing golf, and beachgoing were allowed, while what constituted an “essential business” was broadly defined.

“Our economy kept going,” DeSantis said. “It was much different than what you saw in some of those lockdown states.”

Full article here:

Article is behind a paywall.

Have you got anything on this story, from a legitimate, credible source?

A poster in another site posted about the following article, think it's well worth a look...
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis issued a statewide stay-at-home order on April 1 last year, locking down the Sunshine State for 30 days amid global panic about the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus outbreak. Sitting in his office exactly one year later, he told The Epoch Times that the lockdowns were a “huge mistake,” including in his own state.

“We wanted to mitigate the damage. Now, in hindsight, the 15 days to slow the spread and the 30—it didn’t work,” DeSantis said. “We shouldn’t have gone down that road.”

Florida’s lockdown order was notably less strict than some of the stay-at-home measures imposed in other states. Recreational activities like walking, biking, playing golf, and beachgoing were allowed, while what constituted an “essential business” was broadly defined.

“Our economy kept going,” DeSantis said. “It was much different than what you saw in some of those lockdown states.”

Full article here:
A. Source is know for fake bullshit, so this may or may not be factual.

Do you have any evidence to support that claim?
Which one, that epoch times isn't exactly the most reliable source?

Yes, that claim and I'm getting mighty tired of so many thinking that mediabiasfactcheck is God's gift to man -.- I even created a thread here for those who want to see that mediabiasfactcheck has been negatively critiqued too:

Anyway, your article itself says the following:
"In review, The Epoch Times covers straight news reporting through journalists and low-biased syndication through the Associated Press and Reuters. However, when reporting on China, they do reflect a strong anti-communism bias. The Epoch Times also uses loaded language that usually favors the right, such as Why Media Organizations Can’t Let Go of the Fake Russia-Collusion Narrative."

We're not talking about Trump or China here, so I think you should at least give the article a chance.

Full article here:

Yes, that claim and I'm getting mighty tired of so many thinking that mediabiasfactcheck is God's gift to man -.- I even created a thread here for those who want to see that mediabiasfactcheck has been negatively critiqued too:

"In review, The Epoch Times covers straight news reporting through journalists and low-biased syndication through the Associated Press and Reuters. However, when reporting on China, they do reflect a strong anti-communism bias. The Epoch Times also uses loaded language that usually favors the right, such as Why Media Organizations Can’t Let Go of the Fake Russia-Collusion Narrative."

We're not talking about Trump or China here, so I think you should at least give the article a chance.
We've been here before. Linking to your own debunked threads isn't proof of anything.

You are beyond help. I'm not wasting any more time on this. Enjoy your fantasy world.

Ask yourself why we can't have Trump rallies and church services....but you folks can stage protests all over the country....which turn into violent riots.
Why is it that in almost every case....some BLM members from another part of the country show up to start those protests which always turn violent?
Why do Democrats refuse to charge those members with crimes including not socially-distancing themselves?

Easy. You're just making all of that up. That's generally the answer to any of your loaded questions.

Now, I know you didn't make it up yourself. You're just parroting the propaganda that someone else fed you.

Glad I could help.

Full article here:

We've been here before.

Yeah, we have- you going on about what you believe and not listening to anything else.

We've been here before.

Yeah, we have- you going on about what you believe and not listening to anything else.
Lol, nice selective quote. [ad hominem attack removed]

I strive to filter out the insults, but it's pretty hard with you.
Ignore button

If I do that, that just means that I won't be able to see his posts in my threads, but others will? Or does it mean that he won't be able to post in my threads? If it means the second, as it does in another site I'm at (well, technically, it's block over there), I'd do it in a heartbeat.

We've been here before.

Ignore button

If I do that, that just means that I won't be able to see his posts in my threads, but others will? Or does it mean that he won't be able to post in my threads? If it means the second, as it does in another site I'm at (well, technically, it's block over there), I'd do it in a heartbeat.
It doesn't block him from posting--just you from seeing what he posted. There is a way that you can view his idiocy on individual posts if you so desire by clicking of a link that makes his post visible to you. You won't see his threads if he puts any up either.

We've been here before.

Ignore button

It doesn't block him from posting--just you from seeing what he posted. There is a way that you can view his idiocy on individual posts if you so desire by clicking of a link that makes his post visible to you. You won't see his threads if he puts any up either.

Mm, not so sure I'd want that. I use that in discord chats, but here, it's easier to avoid other people's posts. I just wish there was a way of making it so that he couldn't post on my threads. Another site has a block feature where if you block them, they can't post on your threads, would be nice if they could do that here.

We've been here before.

Ignore button

Mm, not so sure I'd want that. I use that in discord chats, but here, it's easier to avoid other people's posts. I just wish there was a way of making it so that he couldn't post on my threads. Another site has a block feature where if you block them, they can't post on your threads, would be nice if they could do that here.
Not a bad idea, maybe it could be set up to banish him after, say, 50 people blocked him--chances are I would be persona non grata in short order though. LOL

We've been here before.

Ignore button

Not a bad idea, maybe it could be set up to banish him after, say, 50 people blocked him--chances are I would be persona non grata in short order though. LOL

The beauty of it is that there's no banishing- it just makes it so that thread creators have control over who comments in their threads.

Lockdowns weren't effective in any state. It wasn't just Florida.

There was too much of a panic last year over Covid. Nothing but pure panic. People hoarding grocery items and governments forcing "non-essential" businesses to close. Absolute bullshit.

Full article here:

We've been here before.

:thankusmile: :yes_text12::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:The understatement of the century.

New Topics

Forum List

Back