Exploring the Xbox One Console

I see some Xbox Ones have Kinect. My understanding is that that is like the Wii with the game reacting to controller movements. If I get the Kinect can I still play all Xbox One games or only Kinect oriented games? What are the trade-offs?

I have a ps4 but don't like many of the games, so I too was thinking of getting an xbone. Can't decide.

I could still go for PS4. Til recently, my bias was pro PS4; it still might be. I don't have a PS4. I had PS3 a long time ago (PS2 and PS before that).

I only liked one game(other than god of war) on ps2. And it was a chinese game where you were fighting in a battle. Sometimes i stole a horse and ran around chopping everyone.

I have XBOX One Love it. Kinect did not get maybe I will. I like the free games with a Gold subscription as well that you can have with 360 as well.

I traded my 360 in got a ton of cash which I put toward the One with 1 TB mem and Halo preinstalled so I was happy.

Works well with windows 10 and I can control some aspects of One with my Tablet, laptop and phone.

Another Question: It looks like buying Xbox One Elite console will add a Benjamin to the tab. What do you get extra, and is it worth it?

I have XBOX One Love it. Kinect did not get maybe I will. I like the free games with a Gold subscription as well that you can have with 360 as well.

I traded my 360 in got a ton of cash which I put toward the One with 1 TB mem and Halo preinstalled so I was happy.

Works well with windows 10 and I can control some aspects of One with my Tablet, laptop and phone.

I've heard of various subscriptions for games. Why would one want a gold subscription?

I've heard of various subscriptions for games. Why would one want a gold subscription?
IT was cheap and I got a deal on it to begin with cost me about 20 bucks to the whole year. I get two games free per month and other permissions with XBOX

IT was cheap and I got a deal on it to begin with cost me about 20 bucks to the whole year. I get two games free per month and other permissions with XBOX

You keep the games? I thought you had to have the disk to start the games even when they're added on the hard drive? I imagine they're throw away games and not like Madden and Dead Souls III.

Finding that the Kinect is an additional sensor that can be bought irrespective of the console. I had thought some Xbox One's had 'em built in.

You keep the games? I thought you had to have the disk to start the games even when they're added on the hard drive? I imagine they're throw away games and not like Madden and Dead Souls III.
I downloaded Assassins Creed Black Flag for example which is one of my favs I gave up when I switched from 360. I keep the gamed as long as I have a subscription and I have access to games from the online store for free.

I have an Xbox One and the Gold Live membership. Here's the rub, with the membership you get two free Xbox One games per month and two free Xbox 360 backwards compatible games. Well you can buy your Live Gold membership with a prepaid card from a store and download the Xbox One games fine, but the 360 games it prompts you that you HAVE to put in a payment method in order to download those games. I wasn't cool with that and don't think that I should have to when my membership is already paid and the game is "free." I contacted customer service and they told me it is because the Xbox 360 games are by region so the payment method is to verify what region you live in, and that I can put in my info, download the game, then go in and remove my method... do you see the problem with this? First I'm putting in a payment method for something free I already paid for. Secondly I'm putting my financial information out there for a step that they themselves are saying I can just remove afterwards.

I'm going to file a claim with the BBB about this, and I think it would make one fine case for a class action suit again Microsoft. Anyone know any good lawyers that want to make a bunch of money?

I see some Xbox Ones have Kinect. My understanding is that that is like the Wii with the game reacting to controller movements. If I get the Kinect can I still play all Xbox One games or only Kinect oriented games? What are the trade-offs?

I got one when my boys moved away to keep in touch. Since then it has been tasked with so much more from watching movies with the blueray player to survive the web. It serves well. It's also pretty user friendly.

OK, Bit the bullet and got the Xbox one elite today :eek:. I've been procrastinating forever because it seems a bit extravagant since I already have a PS4 - which I rarely play. However, I like silly kids games and wanted to revisit my childhood and Xbox has games like Banjo Kazooie :) so I've been having fun with that, and I downloaded Rise of the Tomb Raider - which is meh - so far. However, the elite controller is the biz, so I'm happy that I took the plunge.

Forum List

Back