Facebook Apologizing again? Libertarian Tech Geniuses Need To Get Out Of Their Caves/Cubicles

Procrustes Stretched

Dante's Manifesto
Dec 1, 2008
Facebook Apologizing again? Libertarian Tech Geniuses Need To Get Out Of Their Caves/Cubicles

Engineers and maybe some lowly Programmers -- I think they're always looking at the data like they do their principles. They forget in the real world data and principles exist to serve people, not the other way around.

I guess if people are being silly or nasty during heated or popular discussions, the data outside of the real world would reflect people in ways they do not really see themselves. Data doesn't think.

"But for Meyer, the feature put a glaring a spotlight on his own past year: his 2014 was "celebrated" in the above image, which used a photo of his recently deceased daughter and surrounded it with cheerful iconography.
"Yes, my year looked like that," Meyer wrote. "My year looked like the now-absent face of my little girl." He added that the item was "forcefully" displayed in his default Facebook feed, as the option to hide the feature wasn't visually prominent."​

Facebook apologizes for morbid results with its Year in Review nag Ars Technica

Then you have shitheads like this guy Eric the Loser Wannabe Famous Writer wrote this: Facebook Shouldn't Apologize for "Year in Review"—You Should, for Using It

The picture displayed is likely chosen at random.

Engineers and maybe some lowly Programmers -- I think they're always looking at the data like they do their principles. They forget in the real world data and principles exist to serve people, not the other way around.

I guess if people are being silly or nasty during heated or popular discussions, the data outside of the real world would reflect people in ways they do not really see themselves. Data doesn't think.

"But for Meyer, the feature put a glaring a spotlight on his own past year: his 2014 was "celebrated" in the above image, which used a photo of his recently deceased daughter and surrounded it with cheerful iconography.
"Yes, my year looked like that," Meyer wrote. "My year looked like the now-absent face of my little girl." He added that the item was "forcefully" displayed in his default Facebook feed, as the option to hide the feature wasn't visually prominent."​

Then you have shitheads like this guy Eric the Loser Wannabe Famous Writer wrote this: Facebook Shouldn't Apologize for "Year in Review"—You Should, for Using It

All my friends got a year in review but I didn't, wtf?

Probably more likely based on the most likes or comments.

What I have observed is that parents who lose a child sometimes go bat-shit irrational and just look for people to lash out at as part of their anger stage of grieving. I lost someone close this year and purposefully elected not to click on that little feature of FB because I knew that person's illness and death would be featured. I don't blame facebook. It is just a cutesy gimic to make people feel special.

I left FB because of family and friends mistaking the public square of FB with what used to be and should be personal shit

Probably more likely based on the most likes or comments.

What I have observed is that parents who lose a child sometimes go bat-shit irrational and just look for people to lash out at as part of their anger stage of grieving. I lost someone close this year and purposefully elected not to click on that little feature of FB because I knew that person's illness and death would be featured. I don't blame facebook. It is just a cutesy gimic to make people feel special.

which is how engineers think

I left FB because of family and friends mistaking the public square of FB with what used to be and should be personal shit

Yeah, it's weird how divided my firends and family are politically on facebook.

But interesting to catch up with old friends who you lost touch with.

too many fat people I know keep posting photos of food. I was de-friended a couple of times for mentioning it :lol:

too many fat people I know keep posting photos of food. I was de-friended a couple of times for mentioning it :lol:

Not a foodie huh? :tongue:

have been. lots of chubby friends. had a high metabolism and like black beauties. :lol:

have been. lots of chubby friends. had a high metabolism and like black beauties. :lol:

My honey is chubby....shrug, I guess I just don't care. I'd rather someone chubby n kind then hot n mean.

My honey is chubby....shrug, I guess I just don't care. I'd rather someone chubby n kind then hot n mean.

I never understood people's prejudices and never will

Forum List

Back