🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Facebook, Google Facing Multi-State Antitrust Probes

satrebil

Platinum Member
Oct 3, 2018
Quote:

"Tech giants Facebook and Google are facing more scrutiny into their business practices.

A multi-state antitrust investigation, led by New York State Attorney General Letitia James, is focusing on "Facebook’s dominance in the industry and the potential anticompetitive conduct stemming from that dominance," she said Friday.

Other states involved in the bipartisan initiative, says James, who is a Democrat, include the attorneys general of Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Nebraska, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, and the District of Columbia.

Another collective of states, led by Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, plans to announce the launch of a multi-state investigation "into whether large tech companies have engaged in anticompetitive behavior that stifled competition, restricted access, and harmed consumers," the attorney general's office announced Friday."

State attorneys general teaming up on antitrust probes of Facebook and Google

----------------------------

I've repeatedly stated that the "they're a private business they can do what they want" nonsense wouldn't fly. These companies have an unprecedented amount of power and their flagrant manipulation of data and incessant censorship was bound to come back and bite them in the ass. Lo and behold they've pissed off BOTH sides of the aisle, and will now reap what they've sown.

Typically I abhor government intervention in private businesses, but in the case of big tech and the bullshit they've pulled over the years - I hope they get torn to shreds. Fuck 'em.

Forum List

Back