Father Asks For Safe to be Recalled After Six Year Old Unlocks it and Takes Gun to School

"He just saw the safe and then he put his thumbprint on it and it opened right up for the kid," Gray said, confirming that the safe, sold by a Chinese company named "BBRKIN," unlocked for the 6-year-old.

Police went to the home to check the safe.

"The father was more than willing to work with us, show us anything we wanted to examine," Gray said, adding that an officer examined the safe. "He went to go put his thumbprint on the safe, and right away, as soon as my officer did that, the safe opened right up for him, which it's supposed to be just for that owner and his thumbprint."

In fact, the family quickly discovered any fingerprint, or even toe print, unlocked the BBRKIN gun safe.

Sounds a awful lot like Break-In....That's called a clue. ;)

"He just saw the safe and then he put his thumbprint on it and it opened right up for the kid," Gray said, confirming that the safe, sold by a Chinese company named "BBRKIN," unlocked for the 6-year-old.

Police went to the home to check the safe.

"The father was more than willing to work with us, show us anything we wanted to examine," Gray said, adding that an officer examined the safe. "He went to go put his thumbprint on the safe, and right away, as soon as my officer did that, the safe opened right up for him, which it's supposed to be just for that owner and his thumbprint."

In fact, the family quickly discovered any fingerprint, or even toe print, unlocked the BBRKIN gun safe.

Sounds a awful lot like Break-In....That's called a clue. ;)

Not to mention the fact that that guy shouldn't be opening up the safe in front of the kid as I sort of confess,.. I just skimmed the article before and missed that part. Why are they so amazed that the kid unlocked it then?

Not to mention the fact that that guy shouldn't be opening up the safe in front of the kid as I sort of confess,.. I just skimmed the article before and missed that part. Why are they so amazed that the kid unlocked it then?
The father thought the safe would only open for his thumbprint

Sue the importer and distributor and ban that safe in the US

The father thought the safe would only open for his thumbprint

I know as I do remember reading that, but was it still a good idea opening it up in front of the kid just in case something like this had gone wrong? I honestly don't think that this was a good situation all around.

Why are they so amazed?

The answer to your question is you saying you skimmed the article.

You're supposed to read first, then ask questions.

Forum List

Back