Fed subsidies and GM! What subsidies is Trump talking about??

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
The only subsidy I know of from the Fed gov is consumers get a tax credit for electric cars. What other ones are Trump talking about.

We had to bail them out, it saved a lot of jobs, there are more GM plants in the US that are not closing. Besides who is Trump to dictate what companies can and can not do?? That is kind of like communism, when you think a company needs to obey the Fed gov, is it not? (I know GM gets tax abatements from the states)

Anyway , please list all the subsidies (Fed ) that GM gets.

The full credit is only available while a manufacturer maintains sales below 200,000. Tesla Opens a New Window. , for example, hit that threshold over the summer and therefore the tax credit will be phased out for new vehicle owners. As of Jan. 1, the federal tax credit for anyone who purchases a new Model S, X or 3 will be reduced to $3,750 from $7,500. As of July 1, the credit will be reduced even further to $1,875. As of 2020, the incentive will be entirely phased out.

Trump wants to cut GM subsidies: Here's what that means

The only subsidy I know of from the Fed gov is consumers get a tax credit for electric cars. What other ones are Trump talking about.

We had to bail them out, it saved a lot of jobs, there are more GM plants in the US that are not closing. Besides who is Trump to dictate what companies can and can not do?? That is kind of like communism, when you think a company needs to obey the Fed gov, is it not? (I know GM gets tax abatements from the states)

You’ll have to ask people who were watching meltdowns on Fox News that day to find out wtf Trump was talking about.

You’ll have to ask people who were watching meltdowns on Fox News that day to find out wtf Trump was talking about.

I guess. I have no idea. Some enlightened Fox new lovers will fill me in, anytime now!!

GM should have not been bailed out
The fucking government should never bail out any private corporation

The full credit is only available while a manufacturer maintains sales below 200,000. Tesla Opens a New Window. , for example, hit that threshold over the summer and therefore the tax credit will be phased out for new vehicle owners. As of Jan. 1, the federal tax credit for anyone who purchases a new Model S, X or 3 will be reduced to $3,750 from $7,500. As of July 1, the credit will be reduced even further to $1,875. As of 2020, the incentive will be entirely phased out.

https://strata.org/pdf/2017/ev-full.pdf

GM was bailed out, then went bankrupt. The bankruptcy helped tremendously. What you are seeing is a response to consumer demand. Ford did the same thing with reducing car production. Fiat/Chrysler did it too. More trucks and SUVs, those are the profit centers for manufacturers. Happy to see it.

General Motors | Subsidy Tracker

Forum List

Back