Feds in Portland Brutalize Navy Vet.

I say don't send federal law enforcement to any of these cities if the state and local leaders want to let mobs burn there city to the ground so be it. This also means no federal bailout money those who sat back and let it happen can pay for it themselves.

How about waiting until the state ASKS for federal intervention?

It is federal property.

And who made him go to the riots....NOT PROTESTS.............he should have stayed home and he will be just fine........

Shore Patrol would smack you down while in the Navy...........OH WELL.............Portland escalated this........this is what they wanted......

Damn right! Who gave this vet the idea that the could exercise his constitutional right of free speech Trump's America?
LOL

Free speech in Portland.................the moron walked into a damned WAR ZONE...........He was probably a BM...........chipped paint in the Navy.........probably unbalanced his noggin..............

BLM rioters caused this............he went in there and approached RIOT CONTROL OFFICERS........He's a big as dummy and got his hand smacked............They were not coming there to play around.......

OH WELL.

They were "riot control officers"? So, I guess they were wearing badges? Or did they tell him, "Badges? Badges? we don't need no stinkin" badges!"
Might makes right.............BLM and Antifa has been doing their BS a long time..........Karma comes for them and they go crying..................WHO CARES.....

They can flush their heads in a toilet at this point and I'd be .......COOL.

So, I'm sure you were fine with what the feds did with Ruby Ridge and Waco, right?
Stop virtue signalling........In regards to Antifa and BLM BURNING THIS COUNTRY TO THE GROUND.,

The police are the only ones protecting their sorry asses...........

I don't care about Terrorist.......the DNC is openly supporting terrorism against our country now.

Oh fuck your virtue signaling bullcrap, seems to be the newest rightwing buzzword.

The country is not burning to the ground.

The demonstrations were winding down.

The state did not ask for fed intervention

Is hyperbole your n normal mode of communication?

But hey - thanks for a brilliant display of hypocrisy :)

Not happening. Last night, even Portland's Mayor got gassed. Served the bastard right!

And who made him go to the riots....NOT PROTESTS.............he should have stayed home and he will be just fine........

Shore Patrol would smack you down while in the Navy...........OH WELL.............Portland escalated this........this is what they wanted......

Damn right! Who gave this vet the idea that the could exercise his constitutional right of free speech Trump's America?
LOL

Free speech in Portland.................the moron walked into a damned WAR ZONE...........He was probably a BM...........chipped paint in the Navy.........probably unbalanced his noggin..............

BLM rioters caused this............he went in there and approached RIOT CONTROL OFFICERS........He's a big as dummy and got his hand smacked............They were not coming there to play around.......

OH WELL.

They were "riot control officers"? So, I guess they were wearing badges? Or did they tell him, "Badges? Badges? we don't need no stinkin" badges!"
Might makes right.............BLM and Antifa has been doing their BS a long time..........Karma comes for them and they go crying..................WHO CARES.....

So, I'm sure you were fine with what the feds did with Ruby Ridge and Waco, right?
Stop virtue signalling........In regards to Antifa and BLM BURNING THIS COUNTRY TO THE GROUND.,

The police are the only ones protecting their sorry asses...........

I don't care about Terrorist.......the DNC is openly supporting terrorism against our country now.

Oh fuck your virtue signaling bullcrap, seems to be the newest rightwing buzzword.

The country is not burning to the ground.

The demonstrations were winding down.

The state did not ask for fed intervention

Is hyperbole your n normal mode of communication?

But hey - thanks for a brilliant display of hypocrisy :)
PuT YOUR THUGS ON A LEASH............No one cares about them anymore.......not from our side.........

Fuck BLM and ANTIFA.....they are a bunch of terrorist..........i hope they break their dang heads in portland.........NO SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL......

Did you care that the mother was killed because of this crap for saying All lives matter......Did you care about the old white women in New York who was trying to protect her store beaten with a dang 2 x 4.

BLM and Antifa deserve NO RESPECT WHATSOEVER......they are a TERRORIST ORG as far as I'm concerned now.

Did that happen in Portland?

Does BLM advocate murder?

Are they responsible for every violent incident that black people commit?

If so...well...Trump supporters have a lot to answer for....
Listen to the Hypocrite.......we have nothing to answer for...........we aren't burning the country down and STEALING BIG SCREEN TVS over Floyd..................

They are.............Your side is throwing GAS ON A FIRE.........and blaming others when it burns.............You are BS.........YES YOU.

BS. Sending in the Border Patrol (wtf are they doing in Portkland) and other militarized feds is THROWING GAS ON THE FIRE big time. The situation WORSENED after their antics.

YOU support militarized actions against people who are not committing violence.
simply because you don't like their message.

YOU support kidnapping innocent people off the street, for no reason - as the article pointed out, they were released the next day - no warrant, no charges. Either it's extreme BUNGLING or it's designed to intimidate people. What's next - diseappearing people ala South American authoritarian regimes??

Border Patrol? Wrong! You have bought into the leftist lies again.

I say don't send federal law enforcement to any of these cities if the state and local leaders want to let mobs burn there city to the ground so be it. This also means no federal bailout money those who sat back and let it happen can pay for it themselves.

It's my understanding that they are protecting a federal building. Am I wrong on this?

So why did they shoot a man, who was only holding a boom box, in the head?

Why are they kidnapping people off the street?
Wrong place, wrong time to get shot. They are not "kidnapping people". Why do you believe these lies? Are you like the Chicago mayor?

It's my understanding they tore down the barricade to the building. Am I incorrect on this?

It's my understanding that the uhh.. Rioters, are coming to the FEDERAL BUILDING looking for a fight. Am I incorrect on this?

If that was the case, then the Federal Cops would surround the buildings, and defend it against the Rioters. In that case they would not need unmarked vans to go around and snatch people off the street would they? They could and would build a fence or a wall around the building, and grab people who tried to come over the fence or wall right? Instead they are going out into the streets, and that means the excuse of defending the building, is a little hollow.

The reason they are turning many of those they snatch off the streets loose is that they are not committing a federal crime, and the Feds do not have the authority to enforce State or city laws. They are empowered to enforce various Federal Laws. They are trained and given the authority to enforce Federal Law. We don't want to see Federal Agents patrolling the roads and byways do we? They could claim that they were fine, the roads were built with Federal Dollars right?

These rioters are known to the feds as having committed a crime. That's who they know to apprehend.

It's my understanding they tore down the barricade to the building. Am I incorrect on this?

It's my understanding that the uhh.. Rioters, are coming to the FEDERAL BUILDING looking for a fight. Am I incorrect on this?

If that was the case, then the Federal Cops would surround the buildings, and defend it against the Rioters. In that case they would not need unmarked vans to go around and snatch people off the street would they? They could and would build a fence or a wall around the building, and grab people who tried to come over the fence or wall right? Instead they are going out into the streets, and that means the excuse of defending the building, is a little hollow.

The reason they are turning many of those they snatch off the streets loose is that they are not committing a federal crime, and the Feds do not have the authority to enforce State or city laws. They are empowered to enforce various Federal Laws. They are trained and given the authority to enforce Federal Law. We don't want to see Federal Agents patrolling the roads and byways do we? They could claim that they were fine, the roads were built with Federal Dollars right?

These rioters are known to the feds as having committed a crime. That's who they know to apprehend.

And then they turn them loose because?

Yes, the rioters are doing damage. Yes people are being hurt, and all that.
That pretty much says it all for the ANTIFA fellow travelers.

You compare looting and rioting to mere 'protest'.

While Federalis who are arresting people as suspects in federal crimes then letting them go unharmed are 'brutalizing' them?

ROFLMAO, now THAT is a skewed framework of perception if I ever saw one.

Someone grabs your child off the street. They turn them loose an hour or two later. What crime did they commit?

If it is a federal agent, you should be worried about the crime your child committed.

And then they turn them loose because?

If we started locking them up, the liberals would all scream COVID-19 and demand to be released.

The intimidation factor of running around in unmarked vans, with unmarked uniforms, and unidentifiable Federal Agents, seems to be backfiring. As anyone with a brain could have figured out it would.

As I mentioned before the Conservative Website Hot Air, founded by Michelle Malkin who was attacked at a Blue Lives Matter event this weekend, has another story on the Federal Agents in Camouflage that are running amok in Portland.

There is video at the link, and it is disturbing. A retired naval officer was beaten by the Feds for asking why they were violating their oath.

For a long time now, people have been warning about the dangers of militarized police, and instead of heeding those warnings, the Feds seem to be embracing them in an effort to intimidate the protestors. Instead, more are showing up, outraged at the uniforms absent identification, and the bullying tactics of the agents who are obviously instructed to do so by their superiors.

You can't file a complaint against Agent Jones. If you have no idea it was Jones who bashed your skull in. You can't file a lawsuit complaining that Agent number 9596 cracked your skull if there is no way to know who did it. In Fiction, James Bond and the rest of the 00 Agents had a License to Kill. In reality, it looks like the Federal Agents have that license, and the enemy is anyone who doesn't bow down.

Those of you cheering this brutality, ask yourself this. If Biden wins, are you ready for that machine to be turned on you? Think about it.
The intimidation factor of running around in unmarked vans, with unmarked uniforms, and unidentifiable Federal Agents, seems to be backfiring. As anyone with a brain could have figured out it would.

As I mentioned before the Conservative Website Hot Air, founded by Michelle Malkin who was attacked at a Blue Lives Matter event this weekend, has another story on the Federal Agents in Camouflage that are running amok in Portland.

There is video at the link, and it is disturbing. A retired naval officer was beaten by the Feds for asking why they were violating their oath.

For a long time now, people have been warning about the dangers of militarized police, and instead of heeding those warnings, the Feds seem to be embracing them in an effort to intimidate the protestors. Instead, more are showing up, outraged at the uniforms absent identification, and the bullying tactics of the agents who are obviously instructed to do so by their superiors.

You can't file a complaint against Agent Jones. If you have no idea it was Jones who bashed your skull in. You can't file a lawsuit complaining that Agent number 9596 cracked your skull if there is no way to know who did it. In Fiction, James Bond and the rest of the 00 Agents had a License to Kill. In reality, it looks like the Federal Agents have that license, and the enemy is anyone who doesn't bow down.

Those of you cheering this brutality, ask yourself this. If Biden wins, are you ready for that machine to be turned on you? Think about it.

So why is a vet part of a Marxist mob trying to attack a federal building? He was intentionally trying to antagonize those agents. And just because he was a vet doesn't exonerate him from committing a crime. And you don't know if he was doing damage to the building before the agents smacked him.

Those Marxists are trying to occupy the federal building like they did the police building in Seattle. And the feds wouldn't have to be there protecting OUR property if the Portland police would do their job.

And IF Bidum wins these mobs will be in the suburbs destroying your property. These are not peaceful protests.

I can't believe you're defending the Marxist ANTIFA anarchists over our Federal police. You have been brainwashed by Fake News.

I defend the Constitution. First. Last. And always. My loyalty is never to a political agenda. It is always to the Constitution.

I swore an oath. To support and defend the Constitution against all enemies. Foreign and domestic. That is where my loyalty remains.

Whose constitution, because it sure ins't the US Constitution?

So why is a vet part of a Marxist mob trying to attack a federal building? He was intentionally trying to antagonize those agents. And just because he was a vet doesn't exonerate him from committing a crime. And you don't know if he was doing damage to the building before the agents smacked him.

Those Marxists are trying to occupy the federal building like they did the police building in Seattle. And the feds wouldn't have to be there protecting OUR property if the Portland police would do their job.

And IF Bidum wins these mobs will be in the suburbs destroying your property. These are not peaceful protests.

I can't believe you're defending the Marxist ANTIFA anarchists over our Federal police. You have been brainwashed by Fake News.

I defend the Constitution. First. Last. And always. My loyalty is never to a political agenda. It is always to the Constitution.

I swore an oath. To support and defend the Constitution against all enemies. Foreign and domestic. That is where my loyalty remains.

So why are you defending the domestic enemies of our country? They are Marxists trying to attack our Federal court house. It's obvious you didn't watch the vids of them trying to burn the court house down. They want to take over the court house like they did the police station in Seattle.

If you took an oath to defend this country you should be supporting those who are actually out on the streets doing it.

I swore an oath to defend the Constitution. That is the laws and Civil Rights protected by the Amendments. Among other things that means your First Amendment rights. Your Second Amendment Rights. I would continue but I doubt you have heard of any other rights.

That by the way is what makes our Country Great. That is what our Country is all about.

Here's what you are defending, Marxist radicals and the one they grab had a gun. Ya, "peaceful" protests. Why do you continue to let yourself be bullshited by fake news?

If they are peaceful protests then why do we have to board up our Federal court house to defend it from being burnt to the ground?

Bet ya don't have the balls to watch this and then defend this behavior.

Yeah, you're absolutely right. In fact, let's get rid of the damned bill of rights completely. Fucking Founders were nothing but Marxists with all that shit. The first thing we should do is get rid of Presidential Term Limits. That is obviously unconstitutional, and then we could have President for Life Trump. Am I right?

/Sarcasm.

History has shown that when we set the Constitution aside, we never get that back. We find an exception, and we lose part of that right forever. Take the Second. Automatic weapons were available at any Gun Seller. They were expensive, but available. Then using the excuse of violence of the Mob's during Prohibition, the ability to get those weapons was curtailed. Now, it is possible, but expensive, and extremely difficult.

But hey, we still have some of the 2nd Amendment Rights don't we? Isn't that what the Founders intended? We have some of those rights? But what restriction is one that the Constitution prohibits? Would it be legal to limit Civilians to flintlock black powder weapons? Perhaps single shot small caliber weapons. Perhaps that is a perfectly acceptable restriction.

I would argue no. But hey, if the Country needs it, I guess we just have to do it right? Without the Constitution, and our determination to defend it every single time, from any encroachment, for any reason, we will be in that position. And you will have no one to blame but yourself, because YOU don't care about the Constitution, you care about ideological purity.

Realistically speaking the stepped up violence by the Feds, rather than having the predicted effect of sending the Protestors and Rioters home with their tails between their legs, has intensified the riots and protests. It's getting worse, and now what do you do? That is the problem with an escalation, You can't go back. Once you have started that crap, you have to follow it through, and when you find it isn't working, you have to escalate again. In the process, you create the atmosphere for the very revolution you claim to be concerned with.

You sound like the Vice Principle in Breakfast Club. We're going to be Cracking Skulls. When you do, the next night the protest is larger, and then what? Crack more skulls until finally one night the Feds are overrun? The local cops are not going to come in and save the Feds. How many agents will be injured, maimed, or killed on that night? What do you do then? Issue live ammo to the National Guard and tell them to start killing their neighbors? What makes you think they will follow that order?

You're an idiot, and idiots like you who refuse to learn from history are going to get the Civil war going, thinking that a vast majority of the people will support your side. What happens if they do not support you? What happens if you're in the minority and the majority comes for you?

The actions of the Feds are throwing gasoline on the fire, and it is going to burn hotter and larger, and be much harder to put out. But you don't care, you just want the people who disagree with you dead.

"principle'?

Federal property. If the State can't protect it then it falls to the Feds.

Go ahead and squirm
Except...they didn't protect federal property...they went into Portland's streets and started kidnapping and shooting (rubber bullets) at citizens not even involved in attacking that property. So what exactly WAS their mission?

No squirm from me, how about you? Do you like seeing our civil rigbts under attack like this?

Note: I am talking about people who are not committing violence and in fact weren't even charged with anything.

Were you there or relying on the press giving just the protestors side of the story? We all know you are a shill.

Ironic...isnt it...that being forced to wear a mask temporarily during an epidemic is a gross violation of civil rights

How about the state doing it's job under the constitution and protect people and businesses from looters and rioters....................The State is in violation of it's own laws by not busting these things up from the start............but it's a liberal WACKO STATE.......full of MENTAL MORONS......why anyone would want to live there is beyond me....

PERSONALLY.......I don't care if they burn the whole city to the ground........Dems deserve it.

So, free speech for me but not for the huh?

So it's ok for unidentified agents to kidnap peaceful people off the street, throw them in jail with no warrant, no charges? It's ok to shoot a peaceful protestor in the head with a rubber bullet and fracture his skull?

Seems to me if Federal help is needed they need to work WITH local authorities, and not be coming in like storm troopers assaulting citizens military style and kidnapping them.

Poor Eagle seems to have a major problem with the Bill of Rights.
Funny how being forced to wear a mask, temporarily, during an epidemic is a gross violation of civil rights but being shot in the head with a rubber bullet for holding a boom box and chanting during a demonstration or kidnapped off the street, roughed up, thrown in jail, and released with no warrent, no charges, no explanation is not.
I guess you would prefer he be charged with terroristic threatening or some other charge and do a stretch at Club Fed?

The Navy Vet was peaceful. The guy with the boom box was peaceful. The trump gestapo is taking the position that anyone present is a "rioter". This is exactly the sort of mindset that has caused the protests in the first place. I lived through it all back in the 1968 war protests. It is a Kent State mentality all over again, but, at least the National Guard had a legitiment reason to be there in 1968.
Like stopping the nightly attempts to destroy the Portland federal courthouse is not a legitimate reason for
being in crazy town.

So, everyone in the streets were trying to destroy the courthouse, including guys using boomboxes for weapons.

Apparently if you are holding a boom box up over your head - you are destroying a court house. Rubber bullet to the face. Skull fractured.

Lesson to be learned: Don't be in the middle of a riot!

What all this is showing is that Trump is out of control. He has no clue how to handle this situation just as he has no clue how to handle the epidemic. He thinks he can use the military and ICE to do his bidding like toys soldiers, sending them against citizens within the US, WITHOUT a clear mission statement, without restraint, and without coordinating with local law enforcement and government officials. It's beyond incompetence - it's a political stunt that is making a tense situation even more dangerous.

You idiot. There are no military personnel involved in any of these riots. I also doubt ICE is involved.

Apparently if you are holding a boom box up over your head - you are destroying a court house. Rubber bullet to the face. Skull fractured.
Apparently you think there was no history at all before the moment that guy caught a rubber bullet with his head. He just magically appeared on the sidewalk across the street from the federal court house a split second before being shot. Doesn't know how he got there, as near as you can tell.

What's it like to be so lacking in everyday human common sense? Oh, right...you can't say.
You don't have any.

Apparently you know all about it? hmmmm. Let's see. Was he beating them with a hammer? mmmm no. Was he throwing objects? hmmm...no...he only has two hands, and was holding his radio. He sure was dangerous?

What's it like to be so full of smug self righteousness that you willingly promote the fascist erosion of civil liberties?

Oh ya...only when it's view points you disagree with.

It's pretty darn clear that he was not threatening anyone when he was shot and severely injured.

Don't be in the middle of a riot!

While Federalis who are arresting people as suspects in federal crimes then letting them go unharmed are 'brutalizing' them?

Someone grabs your child off the street. They turn them loose an hour or two later. What crime did they commit?

If it is a federal agent, you should be worried about the crime your child committed.

If they turned them loose with no charges then it was no crime. I ask again. If someone snatched your child off the street and then turns them loose an hour or two later what crime was committed?

LOL

OH WELL.

In other words, people who disagree with you should be beaten and denied constitutional rights.

That is literally what the Klonservatives believe.

I'm disgusted by it, and question it's legality. It seems, to me, that those cheering it on are cheering on fascism.

This demonstrator was hit in the head with a rubber bullet, for doing what? Holding up a radio playing music. The fed response is so totally out of control.

Ironic too, that many of those cheering it on were the same ones who were (rightfully) outraged at the fed actions at Ruby Ridge.

The governor and the mayor DID NOT WANT them there. They didn't help the situation, they worsened it.

Bullshit, the law says DHS "shall" protect public property, it's not optional and the locals have shit to say about it. PERIOD.

40 U.S. Code § 1315. Law enforcement authority of Secretary of Homeland Security for protection of public property

prev next
(a)In General.—
To the extent provided for by transfers made pursuant to the Homeland Security Act of 2002, the Secretary of Homeland Security (in this section referred to as the “Secretary”) shall protect the buildings, grounds, and property that are owned, occupied, or secured by the Federal Government (including any agency, instrumentality, or wholly owned or mixed-ownership corporation thereof) and the persons on the property.
(b)Officers and Agents.—
(1)Designation.—
The Secretary may designate employees of the Department of Homeland Security, including employees transferred to the Department from the Office of the Federal Protective Service of the General Services Administration pursuant to the Homeland Security Act of 2002, as officers and agents for duty in connection with the protection of property owned or occupied by the Federal Government and persons on the property, including duty in areas outside the property to the extent necessary to protect the property and persons on the property.
40 U.S. Code § 1315 - Law enforcement authority of Secretary of Homeland Security for protection of public property

the dude was not on federal property. he was on the street. the little green men protect the building, persons within the building & the property directly outside the property, that is within the cement barriers or other barricades that prevent a vehicle from ramming the building.

(a)In General.—
To the extent provided for by transfers made pursuant to the Homeland Security Act of 2002, the Secretary of Homeland Security (in this section referred to as the “Secretary”) shall protect the buildings, grounds, and property that are owned, occupied, or secured by the Federal Government (including any agency, instrumentality, or wholly owned or mixed-ownership corporation thereof) and the persons on the property.

When people commit a federal crime, federal agents can pursue them where ever they go. People are throwing deadly projectiles, molotov cocktails, commercial motor fireworks and other incendiary devices. Rioters have been arrested with pipe bombs and guns. Self defense is part of the agents mission, when an individual attacks agents, they are committing a federal crime and should expect to be arrested. But hey, thank for proving my point.

Now, a question for you. Why would you not condemn the violent people attacking federal property, instead of the people that are putting their lives on the line to protect it? Do you really hate the country that much?

What all this is showing is that Trump is out of control. He has no clue how to handle this situation just as he has no clue how to handle the epidemic. He thinks he can use the military and ICE to do his bidding like toys soldiers, sending them against citizens within the US, WITHOUT a clear mission statement, without restraint, and without coordinating with local law enforcement and government officials. It's beyond incompetence - it's a political stunt that is making a tense situation even more dangerous.

You idiot. There are no military personnel involved in any of these riots. I also doubt ICE is involved.

They could be, DHS can call on any agency within their control for manpower. It amazes me that these people are more concerned for the rioters than the people trying to protect federal property. They must really hate the country.

If they turned them loose with no charges then it was no crime. I ask again. If someone snatched your child off the street and then turns them loose an hour or two later what crime was committed?

People can be detained for investigative purposes, they've found pipe bombs and other weapons on some of the rioters.

Forum List

Back