Female coworker invites me to her house???

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
I have become really cool with this woman on my job and we discovered we have a common interest which is the NFL. So we mess with each other throughout the day and that lead to her asking me for my facebook page. So I gave it to her and she responds to my stats on facebook at her desk. Then she said I am welcomed to come to her house to watch the game on Thanksgiving with other football fans???

I only been on the job 10 months and was shocked she is that comfortable with me. So I don't know if she is trying to hook me up with a friend of hers or trying to hook me with herself.

What do you think? Im kind of a shy guy so I just been chatting with her at the job and on FB so not sure what the invite to her house was all about

She is having a football gathering at her house. She likely has a few friends who share her interest, and you look like you fit in that category. Assume it is just that, friends over for the game.

She may be interested in more, but I would go as a friend until she makes flirty vibes (touching you, laughing more than expected at minor funnies, positioning herself near you often). When flirty vibes happen frequently, then start worrying/wondering. Until then, enjoy the game with your new buddy and take the opportunity to meet new buddies.

If you are kinda shy, this is a good oportunity to meet people. Y'all can banter about winners and losers, discuss or cuss calls and plays ... stuff in your comfort zone. Others will get to know and like your humor. Perhaps "the group" will expand and contract, new people. Could be good.

Go. Bring junk food or beer.

I have become really cool with this woman on my job and we discovered we have a common interest which is the NFL. So we mess with each other throughout the day and that lead to her asking me for my facebook page. So I gave it to her and she responds to my stats on facebook at her desk. Then she said I am welcomed to come to her house to watch the game on Thanksgiving with other football fans???

I only been on the job 10 months and was shocked she is that comfortable with me. So I don't know if she is trying to hook me up with a friend of hers or trying to hook me with herself.

What do you think? Im kind of a shy guy so I just been chatting with her at the job and on FB so not sure what the invite to her house was all about

PIIHB

Listen to Tresha. That was good advice.

Here's my advice. For this occasion, leave the blue dildo at home.

She is having a football gathering at her house. She likely has a few friends who share her interest, and you look like you fit in that category. Assume it is just that, friends over for the game.

She may be interested in more, but I would go as a friend until she makes flirty vibes (touching you, laughing more than expected at minor funnies, positioning herself near you often). When flirty vibes happen frequently, then start worrying/wondering. Until then, enjoy the game with your new buddy and take the opportunity to meet new buddies.

If you are kinda shy, this is a good oportunity to meet people. Y'all can banter about winners and losers, discuss or cuss calls and plays ... stuff in your comfort zone. Others will get to know and like your humor. Perhaps "the group" will expand and contract, new people. Could be good.

Go. Bring junk food or beer.
I agree with Tresha...unless she has major breastesses...then all bets are off.

Don't read too much into it at this point. If you like her and she likes you just go with the flow. Just be a friend and don't rush the moment. Go to her house and watch the game, have a bite to eat, then thank her for a nice night and go home. Maybe she simply likes your company and your shared interest in football and doesn't want anything more than friendship. Don't scare yourself out of what could be a good thing.

Last edited:
I prefer the saying, "Don't mix your honey and your money".
On the flip side, I know a lot of people with successful relationships that met their spouse at work.

As it should be, but not as it is. The workplace environment is what it is and the risks for men are tremendous. You're looking at a very biased sample. What you're not seeing are the careers derailed or destroyed when a relationship has gone bad and women seek retribution through proxies.

Football with buddies is no risk. That is all this is at this point. For a shy guy, new to the job, an opportunity to make friends in a comfortable setting is pretty big.

If she starts giving flirty vibes, then worry about that. It may not come to that. It may be a job and not a career, might be a crappy job easily replaced.

NEVER mix business with pleasure.
Co workers are NOT your friends.
30 years ago, making friends with co-workers was possible.
In today's "gotcha world" it's just too dangerous.
When it comes to business mixing with non business, it is common for people to let their guard down. Things that may be said in levity can come back to burn the person who said them. For example, an off color joke. A sexual double entendre. An innocent comment about a person of the opposite sex's appearance. A political joke. Or a a commentary on one's political beliefs.
Stick with your own friends. If you're shy, go to a sports bar to watch the games.

Do you care about your job? If so, don't shit where you eat.
I prefer the saying, "Don't mix your honey and your money".
On the flip side, I know a lot of people with successful relationships that met their spouse at work.
I met my wife at work. We've been married over 28 years. That however is rare.
Things are much different today.

Football with buddies is no risk. That is all this is at this point. For a shy guy, new to the job, an opportunity to make friends in a comfortable setting is pretty big.

If she starts giving flirty vibes, then worry about that. It may not come to that. It may be a job and not a career, might be a crappy job easily replaced.
If you show up, and nobody else is there, and she greets you at the door in a nightie, you are probably gonna get laid.

It happened to me, IRL.

I like to died!

Forum List

Back