Finding a grave

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016

Its a difficult task, figuring out exactly where your friend or loved one's remains are located in Arlington National or other large cemetery.

My idea is to require Cemeteries to bury people in alphabetical order.

So if you are looking for your Kwiatkowksi relatives, you know they are somewhere between the Jones family and the Lewandowski family graves.

Americans are sick and tired of lost souls wondering around churchyards looking for their kin.

A Cemetery Alphabetization Act would cure this problem forever.

I don't see how that's feasible.

If you have 10 burial plots, and the people buried are named Adams, Brown, Carter, Danson, Egbert, Franklin, Green, Holmes, Ichiro and Jackson, where are you going to bury the next two guys who are named Burton and Camden?

Secondly, I don't know if you've ever actually been to Arlington National Cemetery, but it would require exhuming the remains of over 400,000 people and re-interring them.

Now repeat that at the remaining 170 national cemeteries.

Or, instead of doing something so outlandinhly expensive and time consuming, put in place a mechanism to double and triple check pertinent information at the time of burial...

It's not as if they don't have records and maps. Most of them, anyway. Maybe some of the very old ones aren't as accurate or non-existent. I once helped clear and fix up an old forgotten cemetery with a lot of Civil War graves. No record for any of them but for what little we could find out.

Its a difficult task, figuring out exactly where your friend or loved one's remains are located in Arlington National or other large cemetery.

So if you are looking for your Kwiatkowksi relatives, you know they are somewhere between the Jones family and the Lewandowski family graves.

Americans are sick and tired of lost souls wondering around churchyards looking for their kin.

Problem is getting them to die in Alphabetical order. Lol

Early last century, procedural differences, paperwork? It sounds like the Brit based BBC news is trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

I don't know how much this matters, but the write up shared in the first message of this chat was done ten years ago. December 23, 2011 to be exact.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Good idea, now if people would die in alphabetical order...

Forum List

Back