fire (& explosion) at a Georgia chemical plant is forcing evacuations and road closures

el midgetron

Platinum Member
Jun 21, 2023

CNN — A fire at a Georgia chemical plant apparently caused by a sprinkler head malfunction Sunday morning is forcing evacuations and road closures in the area, according to Rockdale County officials.

The incident unfolded around 5 a.m. ET at BioLab in Conyers, Georgia. Water from the malfunctioned sprinkler head “came in contact with a water reactive chemical and produced a plume,” county officials explained on their website.

That looks like a nasty cloud of smoke. Pray for the people down wind of this.

Last edited:
Contrary to the Tweet, I’m not reading any reports of an explosion but it sure looks like on happened….

CONYERS, Ga. (WANF/Gray News) - A fire at a chemical facility in Georgia prompted orders for many nearby residents to evacuate and others to shelter in place.

Around 5 a.m., a sprinkler at a BioLab plant in Conyers, Georgia, malfunctioned and sprayed water on a chemical, causing a reaction that created a large, hazardous plume, which then began drifting to the northeast, according to Rockdale County Fire Chief Marian McDaniel.

CNN — A fire at a Georgia chemical plant apparently caused by a sprinkler head malfunction Sunday morning is forcing evacuations and road closures in the area, according to Rockdale County officials.

The incident unfolded around 5 a.m. ET at BioLab in Conyers, Georgia. Water from the malfunctioned sprinkler head “came in contact with a water reactive chemical and produced a plume,” county officials explained on their website.

That looks like a nasty cloud of smoke. Pray for the people down wind of this.

"Biolab". That's an interesting name. :terror:

Was it housing the latest virus mutations Fauci paid to have engineered?

"Biolab". That's an interesting name. :terror:

Was it housing the latest virus mutations Fauci paid to have engineered?

BioLab is described on its website as a “swimming pool and spa water care division of KIK Consumer Products, based in Lawrenceville, Georgia.”

Take that for what it's worth... Sounds a little sus to me, and I don't do conspiracies...

BioLab is described on its website as a “swimming pool and spa water care division of KIK Consumer Products, based in Lawrenceville, Georgia.”

Take that for what it's worth... Sounds a little sus to me, and I don't do conspiracies...
Does “swimming pool and spa water care” usually use chemicals that combust when exposed to water?

Forum List

Back