Firefighters Watch As House Burns Down

We are an individualistic society. The good of the one whose house is on fire outweighs the good of the many whose houses aren't on fire. That is why we have emergency services: For emergencies.

Was this just a brain fart, or are you normally this dense?

I know I know! He's the latter.

Indubitably.

They shouldn't have even asked if he had payed the fee.. They shoulda put the fire out.
Of course Conservatives are gonna cry "personal responsibility".. Or in other words, "we don't give a shit". The days of compassionant conservatism is long over.
Anyone who supportted the decision to let the house burn down, along with the animals inside, are hateful people, and don't care about their fellow man.

Someone forgets to pay a fee and all of the sudden his family deserves to lose their whole house? Yeah, we totally want conservatives back in control of this country.

so your saying everyone involved was a Conservative?.....there were no liberals anywhere.....none of the fireman,none of the neighbors.....everyone was a Conservative?.....i find that hard to believe.....

Just curious...does anyone know what his guy was.... D or R?
because he is from Tenn. im sure the Young Lefty automatically assumes he is just a dumbfuck Republican....he was a dumbfuck....his politics....???

The ones agreeing with the decision on this thread are.
And every member of the county board are republican.. And I'm pretty sure the decision to not put the fire out came from them. The firemen were just scared of losing their job.. But I woulda just done the right thing.

if they are volunteers.....and their not getting paid.....then what job are they losing?....like i said earlier.....REAL Firemen would have put the blaze out and worried about the repercussions later.....and if they would have been fired im sure the press corp would give the Council there some nice negative publicity.....which im sure this council is going to get because of this anyway.....and some heads may roll because of this too.........
I don't think they are volunteers...

I just watched part of the press Briefing by the Fire Chief of South Fulton, TN on WMC-TV (Ch 5) out of Memphis.

Obion County has 8 Municipalities with Fire Departments all of which are funded by Municipal Property Taxes received from Property Owners within their respective Towns.

Obion County has NO Fire Department thus no Property Taxes from the Unincorporated parts of the County go to fire protection.

The entire Unincorporated parts of the County receive Fire Services from Volunteer Fire Departments that are funded strictly by "Subscription."

It is your Personal Responsibility to insure that your "Subscrition" is current.

It is well understood by the Citizens in Obion County that the old adage of "No Tickie...No Laundry" applies.

The lefties will once again get their silk panties all in a wad but a line in the sand had to be drawn.

Good for the folks in Obion County whom through tough love are teaching the tenent of Personal Responsibility.

The Chief also mentioned the death threats along with the venemous and hateful phone calls and email.

I suspect the FBI will get involved shortly.

Amazing. Facts meet Librul talking points and leave an ugly wreck in their wake

The entire Unincorporated parts of Obion County receive "Fire Services" from one of the Volunteer Fire Departments in the County.

These volunteers are usually not paid but do this type work as a service for the fellow citizens.

I know this concept sounds strange to lefties.

One other point and then I'm finished with this thread.

It is readily apparent after years on the Boards across the Internet that the Empire has devolved into two seperate factions:

Those who desire to remain on their collective knees doing their best imitation of Linda Lovelace in an attempt to insure that they will never be personally responsible for any decision they ever make and to insure that someone else is required to pay for their poor life choices.

Then there are those who hold themselves accountable for their decisions, who do not blame others for their circumstances but seek to improve themselves through hard work, determination and moral courage. These people we call "responsible."

The end.

I just watched part of the press Briefing by the Fire Chief of South Fulton, TN on WMC-TV (Ch 5) out of Memphis.

Obion County has 8 Municipalities with Fire Departments all of which are funded by Municipal Property Taxes received from Property Owners within their respective Towns.

Obion County has NO Fire Department thus no Property Taxes from the Unincorporated parts of the County go to fire protection.

The entire Unincorporated parts of the County receive Fire Services from Volunteer Fire Departments that are funded strictly by "Subscription."

It is your Personal Responsibility to insure that your "Subscrition" is current.

It is well understood by the Citizens in Obion County that the old adage of "No Tickie...No Laundry" applies.

The lefties will once again get their silk panties all in a wad but a line in the sand had to be drawn.

Good for the folks in Obion County whom through tough love are teaching the tenent of Personal Responsibility.

The Chief also mentioned the death threats along with the venemous and hateful phone calls and email.

Misappropriated funds.. is a Republican talking point... ???

Misappropriated funds.. is a Republican talking point... ???

Reduced to deflection and conjucture Valerie.

*shakes head*

The entire Unincorporated parts of Obion County receive "Fire Services" from one of the Volunteer Fire Departments in the County.

These volunteers are usually not paid but do this type work as a service for the fellow citizens.

I know this concept sounds strange to lefties.

One other point and then I'm finished with this thread.

It is readily apparent after years on the Boards across the Internet that the Empire has devolved into two seperate factions:

Those who desire to remain on their collective knees doing their best imitation of Linda Lovelace in an attempt to insure that they will never be personally responsible for any decision they ever make and to insure that someone else is required to pay for their poor life choices.

Then there are those who hold themselves accountable for their decisions, who do not blame others for their circumstances but seek to improve themselves through hard work, determination and moral courage. These people we call "responsible."

The end.

Idiotic ideas like this are exactly what is ruining the country. You've never overlooked a bill? And, then idiots who are responsible for this tragedy are conveniently glossing over the fact that the family was ready and willing to pay on site.

I saw videos of the homeowner, and admittedly he doesn't seem very bright. But that also indicates that he must have worked very hard during his life to even own a home of his own. It is quite obvious that things probably never came easy to him--he must have had to work very hard for everything he has.

But you idiots go ahead and mock him--you're such a stellar example of morality!

This thread is a prime example of just why Conservative values don't work on a large scale. They completely ignore the greater good in favor of selfish interests and getting joy out of the misery of others.

This thread is a prime example of just why Conservative values don't work on a large scale. They completely ignore the greater good in favor of selfish interests and getting joy out of the misery of others.

The greater good is keeping quality fire fighting personnel and equipment available to the entire community. A single family who practices poor risk assessment, money management and fire safety suffered. The community learned a valuable lesson. Pay your protection fees on time.

Everyone of them who ever used a little hocus pocus to skin 75 bucks off their income tax bill should have their house burnt down,

as a lesson.

I guess the parable of the good Samaritan isn't in the Tennessee Bible.

The good Samaritan paid the bill for an Innkeeper to take care of a beating victim. Feel free to write checks for the rural folks of TN who owe for fire coverage.

Forum List

Back