Firefighters Watch As House Burns Down

I think they should of put out the fire. Then charged the man with all the costs to include the firefighter's salaries for the day.

And when they found he didn't have the money to pay up? Sue him?

Look, despite the screaming hysteria of the left, I have seen not one conservative cheer about the guy's house burning down. Not one. All any of us have said is that, as was the arrangement in his area, he should have ensured he paid the $75. He didn't. He'd got away with it once and figured he'd get away with it again. Well, unlucky. He got called on it. His home - his responsibility.

And the legislation to allow this action is where? Or else good luck collecting that if this person supposedly could barely afford his dues...

Yeah...much better they stand by and watch the home burn.....Right wing weinie roast anyone?

And again.. .the authority to do the action you suggest comes from where?? Where is the legislation that makes this possible and the constitutional (state or otherwise) muster that backs it up?

Unlike what you uber-lefties want, the government does not have unlimited power... it must be specifically assigned

I just scanned this thread. I didn't read every post, but here's my POV.

I think it's sick that some believe that a public safety service, like fire fighting, should only be available to those who can afford it. What if the fire were in an apartment building and the slumlord were just too cheap to ante up the $75? What about those living in poverty or very limited income, like many elderly? To most $75 is chump change, but to some that might be their monthly food allowance or whether or not you can afford some needed medicine.

I hate laissez faire ideologues and their egoist "me first" greedy fuck conservative cousins. Public safety is a public service.

The next step is no emergency room service if you haven't paid your premiums....just watch.

A lot of communities are also considering privatization of their police departments.

"Hello...911?...There's a man trying to break into my home and he's armed."
"I'm sorry but you haven't paid your Police fee this year, there's nothing we can do."

"WTF?"

"Would you like me to tranfer your call to the State Police Office?"

Which is exactly why we have a constitutional right to bear arms to protect ourselves. Now if the Libs would only stop trying to take that one away too.

And the legislation to allow this action is where? Or else good luck collecting that if this person supposedly could barely afford his dues...

Yeah...much better they stand by and watch the home burn.....Right wing weinie roast anyone?

And again.. .the authority to do the action you suggest comes from where?? Where is the legislation that makes this possible and the constitutional (state or otherwise) muster that backs it up?

Unlike what you uber-lefties want, the government does not have unlimited power... it must be specifically assigned

Your bottom line position still is, if you can't afford basic public safety services, fuck you. What a sick position. Suppose it were a burning house, with a 90 year old woman trapped inside, who has to depend on Meals on Wheels? Is your position also let the person burn to death, since they couldn't afford this "dues"?

Your bottom line position still is, if you can't afford basic public safety services, fuck you. What a sick position. Suppose it were a burning house, with a 90 year old woman trapped inside, who has to depend on Meals on Wheels? Is your position also let the person burn to death, since they couldn't afford this "dues"?

Didn't he offer up the $75.00 once his house was on fire?

And what is this the "What if?" game?

I think it's sick that some believe that a public safety service, like fire fighting, should only be available to those who can afford it. What if the fire were in an apartment building and the slumlord were just too cheap to ante up the $75? What about those living in poverty or very limited income, like many elderly? To most $75 is chump change, but to some that might be their monthly food allowance or whether or not you can afford some needed medicine.

I hate laissez faire ideologues and their egoist "me first" greedy fuck conservative cousins. Public safety is a public service.

What do they do with you if you fail to pay your property taxes on your home?
You get evicted eventually and you receive NO fire protection or police services there.
Same thing.
No cry babies.

But in the meantime houses aren't left to burn down.

...and as a progressive your right there pushing on the accelerator.

And as a rightwing idiot you don't know what you're talking about. I have never advocated for irresponsible spending or borrowing.

And personally I have no long term debt, credit cards paid off EVERY month, two vehicles that are paid for, and a home that is paid for.

Now tell us about your financial situation, smartass.

i'm the grand duke of luxembourg :eusa_shhh:

this internet thing is fun!

You want proof? You want to drive to upstate NY?

You get evicted eventually and you receive NO fire protection or police services there.
Same thing.
No cry babies.

What they do when you can't pay your property tax is a tax sale, which usually gives you quite awhile to to settle your debt and your lien, and most states have agencies and programs to help out the poor and elderly resolve it. That has nothing to do with a basic emergency, public safety service.

Again, what if someone were trapped inside the house?

Same thing.
No cry babies.

What they do when you can't pay your property tax is a tax sale, which usually gives you quite awhile to to settle your debt and your lien, and most states have agencies and programs to help out the poor and elderly resolve it. That has nothing to do with a basic emergency, public safety service.

The $75 fee is not a tax. Not paying a fee to a city doesn't give it the right to repo one's property.

And enough with the Strawmen, unless you are also willing to add some marshmallows, grammy crackers, hershey bars, and toasting sticks.

Same thing.
No cry babies.

The $75 fee is not a tax. Not paying a fee to a city doesn't give it the right to repo one's property.

And enough with the Strawmen, unless you are also willing to add some marshmallows, grammy crackers, hershey bars, and toasting sticks.

So it comes back to my original position that many right wingers believe that the only ones who should receive basic emergency public safety services are those who can afford to pay for them. It's a sicko position.

This fire department was not private or corporate. It was a community fire department ran like a union by their democratically elected dictator. You pay your dues or to hell with you. These type people will burn your business, house, attack you for going to work, not paying dues & not voting the right way. These rank & file were instructed by their communist leader to let it burn in order to teach the community to follow orders & pay dues or else. This was Mafia style protection payment crap.

This had zero to do with republican ideology. Private citizens would have pitched in & helped their fellow man or came to an agreement on what it would cost to risk firemens life & equipment to battle the blaze or lent them their equipment to fight the fire.

Same thing.
No cry babies.

They would never turn down a good opportunity for a weinie roast....maybe even smoores.

Same thing.
No cry babies.

See?

To what better purpose would you put a pile of strawmen?

S'mores are much tastier than the witch hunt victims you target.

You know.........it would be a nice kind of Karma if that fire chief's house burned down.

He's already had several death threats by the way.

Forum List

Back