Firefox and this forum...

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
...so after the last update none of the mouse-over effects on this site work.
For instance when I get an alert you can hover your mouse over the "red square" and a small window appears showing the alerts - nope. If you mouse over a post header a small yellow cloud appears and spells out the entire header listing...nope.
None.
Anybody else seeing this?
I temporarily disabled both ABP and NoScript to no effect. So it isn't that.

For instance when I get an alert you can hover your mouse over the "red square" and a small window appears showing the alerts - nope. If you mouse over a post header a small yellow cloud appears and spells out the entire header listing...nope.
None.
Firefox (mine) also runs like sludge on this site, I'm using Brave but even it will randomly slow down. I did find that with the latest Firefox update Ghostery was slowing Firefox down on all sites but even after I disabled it this site still caused problems. Right now spell check isn't working.

My fox doesn't display videos anymore but it is web wide unless it is "imbedded" in HTML or some shit. Most videos I cannot see at all. Just a blank space.

I'm on Firefox and my alerts list comes up fine when I hover the cursor over it. I haven't tried this site on another browser in a while, so I don't know how it might compare at the moment. :dunno:

None.
Firefox (mine) also runs like sludge on this site, I'm using Brave but even it will randomly slow down. I did find that with the latest Firefox update Ghostery was slowing Firefox down on all sites but even after I disabled it this site still caused problems. Right now spell check isn't working.

Been using Brave for a couple days...promising.
Firefox anymore has become what it was supposed to replace...an overbloated memory hog.
It is nothing for my PC at work having Firefox eating over a GB of memory, I will close it...reopen with the same tabs and it will be at 4-500 MB....no idea why it does that especially when all I have open is Gmail, our website and a vendor site or two.
Anyway...Brave seems to work fine on this site. Everything works anyway.

P.S....I see Brave rarely exceeds 200MB,

None.

Been using Brave for a couple days...promising.
Firefox anymore has become what it was supposed to replace...an overbloated memory hog.
It is nothing for my PC at work having Firefox eating over a GB of memory, I will close it...reopen with the same tabs and it will be at 4-500 MB....no idea why it does that especially when all I have open is Gmail, our website and a vendor site or two.
Anyway...Brave seems to work fine on this site. Everything works anyway.

P.S....I see Brave rarely exceeds 200MB,
That is strange. I usually get a memory leak from Chrome, not Firefox. But I don't use Firefox anymore. It doesn't really support Java or Flash well, and half the time, it won't run a java program like Evony, and some video based on flash. Hopefully, the web will finish transitioning from flash to html5 video, but until then, I'll continue to use Chrome.

Forum List

Back