Foods you love that others are repulsed by

I had a friend get me hooked on these----dried plums covered in a solid salt shell when I was 3 or 4 years old.......thankfully for a couple of decades, I couldn't find any---but now thanks to the internet I have found that they can be found again. I am so very UNthankful for this modern convenience.

Which makes me wonder why they know what soap tastes like.
Grandma got ahold of 'em because they were saying them dirty words.

Actually, most people that take baths or showers regularly would know what soap tastes like. It's difficult to go a whole life without getting a little soap in the mouth if you shower every day.

I drink about an ounce of this to 8 ounces of water a few times a week. It's good for a whole list of things including preventing arthritis, heartburn, kidney stones and a bunch of other things. I actually like the sour taste- like dill pickles or Italian salad dressing.

My wife absolutely hates the taste and the smell of it, even with honey or sugar.

1605812909231.png

I love cilantro, and I've heard that some people think it tastes like soap.

Science!
"but for those cilantro-haters for whom the plant tastes like soap, the issue is genetic. These people have a variation in a group of olfactory-receptor genes that allows them to strongly perceive the soapy-flavored aldehydes in cilantro leaves."

Science!
"but for those cilantro-haters for whom the plant tastes like soap, the issue is genetic. These people have a variation in a group of olfactory-receptor genes that allows them to strongly perceive the soapy-flavored aldehydes in cilantro leaves."
THOSE LOSERS

Science!
I think the stems are the best part. They seem to have the most flavor. Plus its pretty on my tacos lol

Forum List

Back