For all those who might be sweltering in the heat today...

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
You might want to move farther South. :laughing0301:

Weather in Antarctica

1689717331902.png

No thanks. I love summertime. I was just at the pool today, going to our local ice cream shop tomorrow, and the beach next week. I don't even want to think about cold weather right now. Swimming and ice cream is currently what I'm all about. 😁

You might want to move farther South. :laughing0301:

Weather in Antarctica

View attachment 805832
One has to experience a Williwaw(katabatic wind) to really be able to appreciate a 'cool' wind. Those gigantic ice sheets up north provide a platform for the wind to build up speed, in the right atmospheric conditions that provides an experience one can never forget! It really gets a rockin' when the high density air from a high gets gravity assist when rolling down hill. Out around the Aleutian islands seas can get to 90 feet from trough to crest!!! The hideous screeching sound from SUSTAINED winds can best be described as the sound emanating from a million women all @ the same place/time, being burned alive @ the stake. The ground trembling just ads to the excitement of the situation! Alaska a great place to visit in the fair weather season(short) but NOT a great place to reside in.

It's been pretty hot here in South Texas.
We're hitting 100 to 101 pretty much everyday.
It doesnt bother me since I make sure I get acclimated when summer hits.
Even my Dogs are are getting acclimated,they let me know when they need to go inside to cool off.

Sweating is just a way of life here. :dunno:

Do a little something out in the yard at 8 AM for 5-10 minutes and you're gonna get drenched.

You get about 30 seconds to a minute to be outside before the sweating starts.

Last edited:
Even my Dogs are are getting acclimated,they let me know when they need to go inside to cool off.

I was a commercial mason and laid blocks and bricks for 15 years in the hot Texas sun, and didn't think anything of it.

It was actually worse when it got down in the 20's in the Winter. That wind cuts with through you and there's not much in the way of Winter clothes.

Well I'm guessing that you got dry heat.

Do a little something out in the yard at 8 AM

I don't have cows to milk so I think I'll pass.

I was a commercial mason and laid blocks and bricks for 15 years in the hot Texas sun, and didn't think anything of it.

It was actually worse when it got down in the 20's in the Winter. That wind cuts with through you and there's not much in the way of Winter clothes.

Oh Yeah...
I'll take the heat over the cold anyday.

Well I'm guessing that you got dry heat.

I don't have cows to milk so I think I'll pass.

Dry heat in South Texas? :laughing0301:
I wish!!! Last time I was in Vegas they all complained about 105. It was pleasant as far as I was concerned.
The thing I hated was my lips cracking and bleeding and getting nose bleeds because of the lack of humidity.
It's extremely humid in south Texas!!!

I wish!!! Last time I was in Vegas they all complained about 105. It was pleasant as far as I was concerned.
The thing I hated was my lips cracking and bleeding and getting nose bleeds because of the lack of humidity.
We get a sea breeze here. Owait, no! It sucks in FL! It's hot and muggy! Relentlessly! I swear!

And still, yeah, that's the ticket!

It's still and hot and muggy in Orlando all the time.

I'd say it was 97 with 89% humidity today. I wonder how close that is to accurate.

That's about like 118-20 out west.

Bah, they say 95, but I bet it got up to 97 in many places.

The way I see it, the weather's about a month behind schedule here.

Last edited:
We get a sea breeze here. Owait, no! It sucks in FL! It's hot and muggy! Relentlessly! I swear!

And still, yeah, that's the ticket!

It's still and hot and muggy in Orlando all the time.

The Texas coast is usually ten degrees cooler than inland temps.
But once the sun goes down that wind stops and the skeeters come out.
It's fuckin brutal along the beach front near the salt grass.
We used to go to Matagorda a lot and drive through the salt grass to get to the back side of the island to fish.
You didnt dare open the door or window in the truck or they'd eat you alive.

100F here in the CA mtns. 110F in the Central Valley. Typical Summer here. Been this way for decades yet, today, we get a 'severe heat warning!!' Hell, I used to put up pasture fence in 100F. Drank a lot of water.....Come on folks.

100F here in the CA mtns. 110F in the Central Valley. Typical Summer here. Been this way for decades yet, today, we get a 'severe heat warning!!' Hell, I used to put up pasture fence in 100F. Drank a lot of water.....Come on folks.

I'm getting tired of the whole feels like temp bullshit.
I know what 100 feels like in south Texas with the humidity,the same as it felt like last time it hit 100 here.

I've never stroked out, but I've come close many a time.

It gets hot, man. I should be acclimated, I reckon, but damn.

I ain't playin' baseball in 105 no more. I used to do that voluntarily.

nickmiller-newgirl.gif

Why did I do that?

Last edited:
A long time ago, an old man. An old, smart, and wise man told me about that.

He sez: "You see, living here like we do, we're kinda like frogs and we need that humidity."

"When it goes away in the wintertime, your skin is missing that moisture."

That's when your lips and knuckles start splittin'. Lest ye use serious moisturants.

Forum List

Back