? For liberals: If taxes go up on rich, how will you feel about consequences?

bg1765figure1sm.gif

The Way the World Works!!!!

OK.......now go back over the thread and tell us. Which posters have no clue???!!!!:tomato:

That curve implies the apex of the Laffer curve is at 50%.

The laffer curve is a joke.

Wanna know why?

Because all taxes are not created equally.

All taxes do not impact the world, not the revenues they generate, and not the economic activity they depress, in the same way.

The Laffer curve is a childish rationalization that right wing cranks cling to.

If there SOME validity to it?

It depends on the tax law itself and the current state of the economy, too. Sometimes it make sense, sometimes not.

You guys keep looking for ironclad laws of economics that REALITY keeps showing us do NOT exist.

Idiots.

Cars have both accelerators,brakes and steering wheels for a reason.

Last edited:
The Bush tax cuts. If they expire, massive tax hikes on rich people and rich companies will ensue.

Liberals: If you are at work in January, for a wealthy company or wealthy boss, and you :clap2: the Bush cuts to expire as Obama wants, how will you feel if you get called into the office and told:

"Since Washington let the tax cuts expire, we can't afford the staff your division as is. 40% of you will be laid off. It will be a randomly selected group. You'll know within 2 weeks."

If you lose your job due to Obama allowing the companies and rich people to get their taxes hiked, how will you feel? Or, what if you come to work after watching MSNBC applaud Obama no longer allowing tax breaks for the rich, and find out your best friend at work got laid off, because it turns out the Bush tax cuts allowed enough capital for that company to expand your division 6 years ago and hire both of you, but now they cant afford you both and one has to go?????

Never forget, as much as you lefties hate the rich and hate corporations, they provide the jobs in this country. If you want a good paying, stable job, most likely it's gonna be working for a rich person or company. Thats reality, and I'm thankful for the rich who have employed me and don't want their taxes to go up, because the more money they send to Washington DC, the less money they send to their employees.

I spoke with a guy yesterday who told his staff that he will only be paying 15% of their HC starting Sept. 1. He was paying 100%. I asked him how he thought the HC bill was going to affect him and he said "I don't know. My accountant does not know. No one knows. The bill is 2000 pages". But with the economy in the toilet, it was that or lay off more people.

With or without the tax cuts, this is going to be the new reality. Change we can believe in?

obie wan know nothing got on tv the other day and said taxes would go up significanly in January for EVERYONE! EVERYONE! Yes his asswipeness did.

There are no consequences to taxes going up for the rich except maybe they won't buy their third or fourth house! I think I answered this OP already but I will reply once more.

Robert Reich (The Rich and the Rest of Us)

"But I’m also appalled at what this reveals about how much money is now concentrated in so few hands. It’s more evidence we’re back in the late nineteenth century when robber barons lorded over the economy and almost everyone else lost ground. The Vanderbilts, Carnegies, Rockefellers made so much money they too could give away large chunks to charity and still maintain their outsized fortunes and their power and influence.

Most telling is how much wealthier the richest have become over the past year. Forbes Magazine’s list of the world’s billionaires (40 percent of them Americans), show them with an average net worth of $3.5 billion – and an average increase of $500 million in the last 12 months.

America’s median hourly wage, meanwhile, dropped last year, and it continues to drop. That’s not even counting the 15 million Americans still out of work.

Most Americans don’t need charity. They need good jobs."

"For more than 30 years, I’ve been reading, writing and teaching about the ethical issue posed by the juxtaposition, on our planet, of great abundance and life-threatening poverty. Yet it was not until, in preparing this article, I calculated how much America’s Top 10 percent of income earners actually make that I fully understood how easy it would be for the world’s rich to eliminate, or virtually eliminate, global poverty. (It has actually become much easier over the last 30 years, as the rich have grown significantly richer.)"

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/17/m...?em&ex=1166763600&en=008e5238d37554dc&ei=5070

"On moral grounds, then, we could argue for a flat income tax of 90 percent to return that wealth to its real owners. In the United States, even a flat tax of 70 percent would support all governmental programs (about half the total tax) and allow payment, with the remainder, of a patrimony of about $8,000 per annum per inhabitant, or $25,000 for a family of three. This would generously leave with the original recipients of the income about three times what, according to my rough guess, they had earned."

UBI and the Flat Tax

Worthless RepubliCON$, why under Bush's Tax Cuts did so many American companies SHIP jobs overseas?

Moreover, why were so LITTLE jobs CREATED?

The failure could not be more clear nor colossal.

The RepubliCON$ answer to everything being "Tax Cuts for URRAYBODAY" just. does. not. work!

End of story.

Cut your shit assholes.

Worthless RepubliCON$, why under Bush's Tax Cuts did so many American companies SHIP jobs overseas?

The RepubliCON$ answer to everything being "Tax Cuts for URRAYBODAY" just. does. not. work!

End of story.

Cut your shit assholes.

The stockholders of American companies, THE OWNERS, are both Republican and Democrat.
Seeking a better ROI, Americans decided to escape the highest tax rates in the world, seek better returns and do what all businesses do:
Supply what the American DEMANDS.
Take a look at your shoes. Made in China. YOU demanded it so YOU are the problem.

The Bush tax cuts. If they expire, massive tax hikes on rich people and rich companies will ensue.

Liberals: If you are at work in January, for a wealthy company or wealthy boss, and you :clap2: the Bush cuts to expire as Obama wants, how will you feel if you get called into the office and told:

"Since Washington let the tax cuts expire, we can't afford the staff your division as is. 40% of you will be laid off. It will be a randomly selected group. You'll know within 2 weeks."

If you lose your job due to Obama allowing the companies and rich people to get their taxes hiked, how will you feel? Or, what if you come to work after watching MSNBC applaud Obama no longer allowing tax breaks for the rich, and find out your best friend at work got laid off, because it turns out the Bush tax cuts allowed enough capital for that company to expand your division 6 years ago and hire both of you, but now they cant afford you both and one has to go?????

Never forget, as much as you lefties hate the rich and hate corporations, they provide the jobs in this country. If you want a good paying, stable job, most likely it's gonna be working for a rich person or company. Thats reality, and I'm thankful for the rich who have employed me and don't want their taxes to go up, because the more money they send to Washington DC, the less money they send to their employees.
What the fuck?!?!

Why would allowing the individual income tax top marginal rate to increase by 4 points lead to corporations - who pay the corporate tax rate - laying off the labor force?

Do people ever do an ounce of investigation before they post?

As usual, its more fear mongering than reality. If we don't treat the rich nicely, they will fire us all

I did blow a .28 once though.
:eusa_eh: I hope you didn't blow that into a cop's straw?!

on a related note, when I was in college (a long time ago...) a local bar had a BAC machine that cost a quarter. It was made up like a video game with flashing lights and all. I'm sure the "purpose" was "educational", but we routinely used it as a contest to see who could blow the highest. Of course, in such contests one will never remember the amount they blew the next morning;)

Sometimes cutting taxes is a wise thing to do.

Sometimes not.

duh!

When done selectively at targeted sectors it makes sense.

Create jobs in the US....get a tax credit MAKES SENSE

Accross the board tax cut.....DOESN"T MAKE SENSE

I spoke with a guy yesterday who told his staff that he will only be paying 15% of their HC starting Sept. 1. He was paying 100%. I asked him how he thought the HC bill was going to affect him and he said "I don't know. My accountant does not know. No one knows. The bill is 2000 pages". But with the economy in the toilet, it was that or lay off more people.

With or without the tax cuts, this is going to be the new reality. Change we can believe in?

obie wan know nothing got on tv the other day and said taxes would go up significanly in January for EVERYONE! EVERYONE! Yes his asswipeness did.

The current healthcare plan will incent small businesses to downsize and hire temporary labor. Keep your employee levels below the minimum and you are not forced to provide healthcare. People are not stupid and they will exploit every loophole in this plan. It will not generate near the projected funds and the shortfall will become a tax burden.

As usual, its more fear mongering than reality. If we don't treat the rich nicely, they will fire us all

I actually think there's a bit more to it then just fear-mongering. It's part of a decades-long effort by the landed gentry of the conservative movement to convince middle class Americans to vote against their own self-interest. It's goal was to create millions of people who would blindly support the agenda of the hyper-wealthy.

And judging by posts on these boards and others, it has been remarkably successful,

I actually think there's a bit more to it then just fear-mongering. It's part of a decades-long effort by the landed gentry of the conservative movement to convince middle class Americans to vote against their own self-interest. It's goal was to create millions of people who would blindly support the agenda of the hyper-wealthy.

And judging by posts on these boards and others, it has been remarkably successful,

As opposed to the decades long effort by the landed gentry of the liberal movement to convince the lower class that we will rob from the rich to give to the poor and take care of you?

As opposed to the decades long effort by the landed gentry of the liberal movement to convince the lower class that we will rob from the rich to give to the poor and take care of you?
Yep, similar in many ways.

The only thing they are taking care of is their own investments, Salaries, and bennifit packages. Great scam. ;) Doesn't matter if it's legal or ethical when you have the Attorney General in your back pocket either.

The rich still keep the same tax rates as you not-rich people on the first 250,000 of taxable income they have.

Personally, if the tax rate goes up 3 percentage points on the taxable money you make above 250,000,

I'd still want to be a millionaire, or even a three hundred thousandaire.

Who wouldn't? Who doesn't?

End of story.

Cut your shit assholes.

The stockholders of American companies, THE OWNERS, are both Republican and Democrat.
Seeking a better ROI, Americans decided to escape the highest tax rates in the world, seek better returns and do what all businesses do:
Supply what the American DEMANDS.
Take a look at your shoes. Made in China. YOU demanded it so YOU are the problem.
I don't know what BS you're talking, but the FACT remains...cutting taxes for the rich JUST. DOES. NOT. WORK. I don't wanna hear any BS excuse about "the American companies are doing what they are suppoed to do, which is cut their expenses." In fact that argument is more evidence WHY companies are NOT in the people's best interest. Another RepubliCON lie that gets perpetrated day in day out on the RepubiCONNewsNetwork.

Period.

In no other time in history were so many jobs EXPORTED FROM this country than under the Bush tax cuts.

You can ram your head in the sand all you want, but there's just no excuse for it.

IT FAILED!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back