? For liberals: If taxes go up on rich, how will you feel about consequences?

Ya gotta spend money to make money.

I thought the Right claimed to know about business?!?
headscratch.gif
:lol: The government isn't a for-profit enterprise. Dumbass.
Who mentioned profit, dumbass?
Ummm...you, dumbass.

"Ya gotta spend money to make money."

Now surprise me, and don't claim that making money isn't profit. :lol:

I'm really sick of the term "Bush tax cuts". From this point forward I will refer to it as "Obama tax increases". It's his economy now.

Way to be in denial but as i have been asking for months, who set them up to expire in the first place??
REPUBLICANS, so they are to blame for them expiring but notice how the disheonst partisan hacks try to hold the left accountable for something the right set up.

Why didn't they make them permanent to begin with??

For a couple of reasons. 1. So they could use them as a political tool in the future as they are now. 2. So they wouldn;t ahve to include the taxcuts in budget projection years that came after they were set to expire therefore palying tricks with budget numbers.

The thing is that the REPUBLICANS are to blame for the taxcuts expiring but I doubt that you will find a single honest right winger that will hold them accountable for it.

Last edited:
"not re-implementing those tax cuts is NOT a tax increase...it's just a refusal to continue your guy's idiocy."
As posted by Jillian....

When you go from paying one amount in taxes then the next day you pay more........Well that's a tax hike,a tax increase,call it what you will.Anyone who disputes whether this tax cut created jobs or not is a fair argument...but do you really think that increasing taxes will create jobs.

C'mon Libs you can't be that stupid...or can you?

Then blame the party who set them up to expire instead of making them permanent, which they could have done.

So yes, taxes will go up for the top few if obama has his way. However due to the fact that the cuts are expiring based on the mechanism that the right set up one could hardly refer to it as a tax hike in the purest sense of the phrase due to the fact that no legislation is being passed to enact the increase.

Republicans set it up that way so why don't you hold them accountable?

I'm really sick of the term "Bush tax cuts". From this point forward I will refer to it as "Obama tax increases". It's his economy now.

Way to be in denial but as i have been asking for months, who set them up to expire in the first place??
REPUBLICANS, so they are to blame for them expiring but notice how the disheonst partisan hacks try to hold the left accountable for something the right set up.

For a couple of reasons. 1. So they could use them as a political tool in the future as they are now. 2. So they wouldn;t ahve to include the taxcuts in budget projection years that came after they were set to expire therefore palying tricks with budget numbers.

The thing is that the REPUBLICANS are to blame for the taxcuts expiring but I doubt that you will find a single honest right winger that will hold them accountable for it.

They share the blame, but Obama made some campaign promises that he can't keep. A tax increase is still a tax increase regardless of whether it's a pre-scheduled increase or not.

"not re-implementing those tax cuts is NOT a tax increase...it's just a refusal to continue your guy's idiocy."
As posted by Jillian....

When you go from paying one amount in taxes then the next day you pay more........Well that's a tax hike,a tax increase,call it what you will.Anyone who disputes whether this tax cut created jobs or not is a fair argument...but do you really think that increasing taxes will create jobs.

C'mon Libs you can't be that stupid...or can you?

Then blame the party who set them up to expire instead of making them permanent, which they could have done.

So yes, taxes will go up for the top few if obama has his way. However due to the fact that the cuts are expiring based on the mechanism that the right set up one could hardly refer to it as a tax hike in the purest sense of the phrase due to the fact that no legislation is being passed to enact the increase.

Republicans set it up that way so why don't you hold them accountable?

Ah. "The purest sense." The purest sense of whether there is in fact a tax hike is whether a higher rate of taxes has been paid before and after a certain event.

Obama did not say, "I won't raise taxes," he said, "your taxes will not go up, not one dime." Well I made less than $250K last year and my taxes went up.

Libs love to spend other peoples money....

Based on the history of the party so do republicans.

Libs love to spend other peoples money....

Based on the history of the party so do republicans.
:clap2:

I think it's safe to say that politicians love to waste taxpayers' money. Exceptions are few and far between.

While the sad part is that it does indeed come down to degrees of bad or worse, it is still indisputable that Democrats spend way way way more than Republicans when they are in control.

They did not make the tax cuts permanent to because they didn't have the power to. Your argument is a twist on Catch-22.

The Bush tax cuts. If they expire, massive tax hikes on rich people and rich companies will ensue.

Liberals: If you are at work in January, for a wealthy company or wealthy boss, and you :clap2: the Bush cuts to expire as Obama wants, how will you feel if you get called into the office and told:

"Since Washington let the tax cuts expire, we can't afford the staff your division as is. 40% of you will be laid off. It will be a randomly selected group. You'll know within 2 weeks."

If you lose your job due to Obama allowing the companies and rich people to get their taxes hiked, how will you feel? Or, what if you come to work after watching MSNBC applaud Obama no longer allowing tax breaks for the rich, and find out your best friend at work got laid off, because it turns out the Bush tax cuts allowed enough capital for that company to expand your division 6 years ago and hire both of you, but now they cant afford you both and one has to go?????

Never forget, as much as you lefties hate the rich and hate corporations, they provide the jobs in this country. If you want a good paying, stable job, most likely it's gonna be working for a rich person or company. Thats reality, and I'm thankful for the rich who have employed me and don't want their taxes to go up, because the more money they send to Washington DC, the less money they send to their employees.

You're so full of shit it's squeezing out your eyeballs.

It's the right wingers who said corporations simply pass taxes on to the customers.

What is it you want anyway? You want to work for a hundred bucks a month?

Some roads are being torn up and replaced with gravel. Is that what you want in this country? Where should the money come from?

So tired of stupid.

The Bush tax cuts. If they expire, massive tax hikes on rich people and rich companies will ensue.

Liberals: If you are at work in January, for a wealthy company or wealthy boss, and you :clap2: the Bush cuts to expire as Obama wants, how will you feel if you get called into the office and told:

"Since Washington let the tax cuts expire, we can't afford the staff your division as is. 40% of you will be laid off. It will be a randomly selected group. You'll know within 2 weeks."

If you lose your job due to Obama allowing the companies and rich people to get their taxes hiked, how will you feel? Or, what if you come to work after watching MSNBC applaud Obama no longer allowing tax breaks for the rich, and find out your best friend at work got laid off, because it turns out the Bush tax cuts allowed enough capital for that company to expand your division 6 years ago and hire both of you, but now they cant afford you both and one has to go?????

Never forget, as much as you lefties hate the rich and hate corporations, they provide the jobs in this country. If you want a good paying, stable job, most likely it's gonna be working for a rich person or company. Thats reality, and I'm thankful for the rich who have employed me and don't want their taxes to go up, because the more money they send to Washington DC, the less money they send to their employees.

You're so full of shit it's squeezing out your eyeballs.

It's the right wingers who said corporations simply pass taxes on to the customers.

What is it you want anyway? You want to work for a hundred bucks a month?

Some roads are being torn up and replaced with gravel. Is that what you want in this country? Where should the money come from?

So tired of stupid.

LOL you must be getting very worn out by yourself then

Oh and it is not just right wingers who say Cooperation's simply pass taxes on to the people. ANYONE who knows that a cooperation is driven by profit admits that FACT of life.

Last edited:
Non-profits make money. Dumbass.
:lol: "...don't claim that making money isn't profit."

It's like you're a cartoon character. :lol:
Maybe you should look up the definition of 'profit'.

Definition of PROFIT

: a valuable return : gain
: the excess of returns over expenditure in a transaction or series of transactions; especially : the excess of the selling price of goods over their cost
: net income usually for a given period of time​

I really gotta get me one of those leftist dictionaries. Apparently, it's just a ______________ after every word, so you can make up your own meaning. :lol:

They did not make the tax cuts permanent to because they didn't have the power to. Your argument is a twist on Catch-22.

yep the obstructionist Dems in congress at the time would not have allowed them to be permanent.

:lol: "...don't claim that making money isn't profit."

It's like you're a cartoon character. :lol:
Definition of PROFIT

: the excess of returns over expenditure in a transaction or series of transactions; especially : the excess of the selling price of goods over their cost
: net income usually for a given period of time
I really gotta get me one of those leftist dictionaries. Apparently, it's just a ______________ after every word, so you can make up your own meaning. :lol:

It's the only way they get ahead without never having command of the language...only prostituting it for their illicit gains.

Definition of PROFIT

: net income usually for a given period of time

It's the only way they get ahead without never having command of the language...only prostituting it for their illicit gains.

Maybe the more adventuress Liberals could try working for a while without punching in. See how long it takes to sink in. I had a friend way back, we worked together, at a popular place in Santa Cruz, Ca., anyway, he liked to bury his pay checks like a squirrel and just let them rot. Drove the book keeper crazy, the boss loved him for it. ;)

Forum List

Back